Thai Visa Poster Of 2011

smokie36

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In any case, if people want to have this annual contest in future, I strongly suggest excluding mods or at least have separate contests. I recall some years back the administration here did such a contest and I believe the poster named eek won, if I'm not mistaken. They didn't put it to a vote, they just decided amongst themselves. That's the only other year I recall there was such an annual distinction. I am sure they would have not given the prize to a mod. That would be unseemly. I am happy to have put up the good fight for people's member Ianforbes ... and now it's over. Happy New Year.

Edited by Jingthing

In any case, if people want to have this annual contest in future, I strongly suggest excluding mods or at least have separate contests. I recall some years back the administration here did such a contest and I believe the poster named eek won, if I'm not mistaken. They didn't put it to a vote, they just decided amongst themselves. That's the only other year I recall there was such an annual distinction. I am sure they would have not given the prize to a mod. That would be unseemly.

When I started the poll I took recommendations from the other thread. There was no distinction made at that time on whether moderators were permitted to enter or not.

As it is this year's result stands. Look on the bright side...it will give us something to discuss again maybe from October onwards...jap.gif

Jt, how do you think eek became a mod wink.png

Smokes, good effort anyways, your intentions were spot on.

Congrats to sheryl-keep up the good work.

Jt, you can start working on your poll for top poster of jan 2012 now. Lol

In any case, I do think the poll idea is better than the winner being picked by the administration, that's for sure.

Jt, how do you think eek became a mod wink.png

Smokes, good effort anyways, your intentions were spot on.

Congrats to sheryl-keep up the good work.

Jt, you can start working on your poll for top poster of jan 2012 now. Lol

In any case, I do think the poll idea is better than the winner being picked by the administration, that's for sure.

I'm adopting you as a special case from now on JT.I think we need to spread some TLC your way.

OK, for what it's worth here's my opinion, We can't be having selective moderation disorder, ( SMD ) the rules are clear, we can't discuss moderators or moderation. Therefore all mods are ( appreciated, especially Shery ) but disqualified.

Therefore the winner is Ianforbes, and I think he is a worthy winner, I have thoroughly enoyed his posts and photos this year, HOWEVER, he got imself "holidayed" for breaking Thaivisa rules so therefore he should also be disqualified for selective bad boy disorder ( SBBD ).

Therefore I reckon the winner is Jingthing, so congrats to him however I do bow down to the intelligence and wit of smokie ( who in my opinion should have been a contender ) and I await his adjudication.

And double nicks are also against the rules. So you to are disqualified, Jingthing

Mmmh,that sounds interesting.

i just see this topic and missed the vote

But i want to share. I agree smokie. if i want to vote for sheryl the moderator, or other obe, i vote because i like what they say in their post. Not because they are moderator and give me holiday or warning

Congrtulation to winners

Happy new year everyone

i just see this topic and missed the vote

But i want to share. I agree smokie. if i want to vote for sheryl the moderator, or other obe, i vote because i like what they say in their post. Not because they are moderator and give me holiday or warning

Congrtulation to winners

Happy new year everyone

Don't worry about, JT is prone to throwing his toys out of the pram.

We did have this rep feature where members sent each others red/greens, but a certain somebody moaned that into extinction as well.

In any case, if people want to have this annual contest in future, I strongly suggest excluding mods or at least have separate contests. I recall some years back the administration here did such a contest and I believe the poster named eek won, if I'm not mistaken. They didn't put it to a vote, they just decided amongst themselves. That's the only other year I recall there was such an annual distinction. I am sure they would have not given the prize to a mod. That would be unseemly.

When I started the poll I took recommendations from the other thread. There was no distinction made at that time on whether moderators were permitted to enter or not.

As it is this year's result stands. Look on the bright side...it will give us something to discuss again maybe from October onwards...jap.gif

I accept the adjudication of the most worshipful smokie36 biggrin.png On the other bright side he now has 9 months to sort out the rules for next years poll, that will keep him busy tongue.png

Sheryl's not available I am afraid, personal reasons not related to TV at all, she is well but just doesn't have much time for the internet at the moment.

However, I do know her well and know her to be in person the same lovely, gracious, helpful and kind person that she is on this forum. She has been a tremendous help to me as she has to so many other posters and I can only say that I am glad to see that everyone here appreciates her as much as I do. I feel very fortunate to count her as a friend.

And a less known fact is that she enjoys chocolates just as much as I do ;)

So any contributions of chocolate specialties for our chocolatey drink date is more than welcome :D

And a less known fact is that she enjoys chocolates just as much as I do wink.png

So any contributions of chocolate specialties for our chocolatey drink date is more than welcome biggrin.png

I have one sachet of Cadbury's Instant Hot Chocolate here.....and I might be persuaded to add to that....send me a PM migsy! biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36

Sheryl's not available I am afraid, personal reasons not related to TV at all, she is well but just doesn't have much time for the internet at the moment.

However, I do know her well and know her to be in person the same lovely, gracious, helpful and kind person that she is on this forum. She has been a tremendous help to me as she has to so many other posters and I can only say that I am glad to see that everyone here appreciates her as much as I do. I feel very fortunate to count her as a friend.

jap.gif

Keep making suggestions like that jt and you'll never unseat rimmer as the big cheese in pattaya.

On the slim chance you weren't joking, of course I have never had even the slightest interest in being a mod here, or anywhere, nor would controversial/"edgy" members EVER be invited to be mods here given this joint is a huge commercial business enterprise. Not saying that they should be; just stating the reality. I mean, really, I can't even agree with most of my fellow homos in the gay forum, how could I be a credible mod? So everyone is happy about that. Rimmer rules. His name rocks too.

Prediction, if this sort of poll is done in future, and mods are kept eligible (or they are not separated to have TWO contests) a mod will win EVERY year. Look at the list of nominees even. Of a very small percentage of mods on the forum, a HUGE percentage of mods made the list. No balance. Yes, they SHOULD have their OWN contest. Mods like Lopburi3 on the visa forum are ALWAYS going to be the very best, most authoritative subject topic experts in their areas. It would be more fun and friendlier (and less like a CABAL) to the 99 percent plus here, the non-mod public to open this sort of contest up to non-mods, such as IANFORBES, who remains a very worthy winner of the people's poster contest within a contest that may only exist in my mind, but whatever ...

post-37101-0-58398900-1325328002_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

Congrats to the winner, Sheryl, of the lightning quick poll for TV Poster of 2011.

Perhaps next year a 2-3 week lead in? A few more people will be around to vote, as well as giving nominees plenty of time to tweak a few dozen shill accounts :lol:

I'd also like to see some serious campaigning and arse kissing. Fruit baskets gratefully accepted.

Beautifully put.

A very worthy winner, in my opinion. Please wish Sheryl the very best for 2012 from all of us on TV.

The only downsides to this poll, have been the low number of members voting, and the constant attention-seeking posts from the usual suspect. I would suggest next year, that once candidates are announced, and voting begins, that those nominated are excluded from posting on this topic, and any votes for them are not counted, if they do post.

"Toys out of the pram" is an adult response, compared to this ! To whine and witter on endlessly, when one gets a mere 0.00068376 % of the total possible vote, is frankly childish in the extreme.

Keep making suggestions like that jt and you'll never unseat rimmer as the big cheese in pattaya.

On the slim chance you weren't joking, of course I have never had even the slightest interest in being a mod here, or anywhere, nor would controversial/"edgy" members EVER be invited to be mods here given this joint is a huge commercial business enterprise. Not saying that they should be; just stating the reality. I mean, really, I can't even agree with most of my fellow homos in the gay forum, how could I be a credible mod? So everyone is happy about that. Rimmer rules. His name rocks too.

Prediction, if this sort of poll is done in future, and mods are kept eligible (or they are not separated to have TWO contests) a mod will win EVERY year. Look at the list of nominees even. Of a very small percentage of mods on the forum, a HUGE percentage of mods made the list. No balance. Yes, they SHOULD have their OWN contest. Mods like Lopburi3 on the visa forum are ALWAYS going to be the very best, most authoritative subject topic experts in their areas. It would be more fun and friendlier (and less like a CABAL) to the 99 percent plus here, the non-mod public to open this sort of contest up to non-mods, such as IANFORBES, who remains a very worthy winner of the people's poster contest within a contest that may only exist in my mind, but whatever ...

post-37101-0-58398900-1325328002_thumb.j

Gone from beating a dead horse to crushing sour grapes.

Stop the madness!

Congrats to Sheryl, a very deserving winner!

The only downsides to this poll, have been the low number of members voting, and the constant attention-seeking posts from the usual suspect. I would suggest next year, that once candidates are announced, and voting begins, that those nominated are excluded from posting on this topic, and any votes for them are not counted, if they do post.

"Toys out of the pram" is an adult response, compared to this ! To whine and witter on endlessly, when one gets a mere 0.00068376 % of the total possible vote, is frankly childish in the extreme.

Oh, stop complaining....

SC

Edit: If we are going to make this an annual fiesta, can we nominate someone to come up with the rules and timetable and leave it silently with them for 11 1/2 months, rather than drag it out into another McEwans & Heineken fiasco

Whatever you say, next year, be sure to either exclude or separate the mods or it will the same old same old EVERY year due to the very structure of this forum. Think about it. When the mods did this award themselves they were wise enough to exclude themselves.

Also, excuse me, but last time I checked I wasn't Ianforbes.

Edited by Jingthing