Dvr's In Thailand?

jbowman1993

Does anyone know if DVR (digital video recorders) are available in Thailand? Or is there any hope for them to be here soon?

The technology i am referring is included in all satellite services in the US, and the have another called "TiVo" as well. I would love to have access to that here.

Any thoughts?

Joe

Edited by jbowman1993

They are available , from 12k-70k baht depending on size of hard drive. I decided I want more flexibility and am planning on building a Media center PC from spare parts I have lying around. The only problem is that I can't find a Media Center remote control in Thailand and may end up using a wireless mouse for control.

You can look here:

http://www.sinsiamelectronics.com/cdr.html

Edited by tywais

Thanks so much for your quick reply.  Are there any  DVR's that will interface with UBC?  Does UBC support that technology?

The UBC box has an A/V, SVideo, and RF output and can connect to the DVR. But you cannot pre-program a channel to record at a given time and you cannot record one channel while watching another (without a 2nd UBC box). In other words, not Tivo type capabilities. It will do time stretching on the channel you are watching though.