Uk Settlement Visa Question

Hi all,my wife and i have submitted the oline settlement visa application and our appointment is on the 5th Jan.

Question 1 Apart from the online vaf form is there any other form we have to fill out?

Question 2 My wife has her TB Test next Tuesday,do we take the results of this test,to our appointment?

Thanks in advance for any reply

1) No; she prints out the online form, signs it and takes it with her to the appointment.

2) Yes, her application will be refused without it.

In addition to her TB certificate she should also present all the other supporting documents; including, but not limited to:-

• Her passport
  • Photographs of her as per the specification on the application form
  • Her English speaking and listening certificate
  • Your marriage certificate
  • Evidence that there will be sufficient funds to support her in the UK without recourse to public funds
  • Evidence there will be suitable accommodation for her in the UK without recourse to public funds
  • Evidence of your relationship, such as phone and email records, letters etc.
  • Anything else you think will help the application.

Note that you should provide the original documents and photocopies. Any documents not in English should be accompanied by an English translation.

1) No; she prints out the online form, signs it and takes it with her to the appointment.

In addition to her TB certificate she should also present all the other supporting documents; including, but not limited to:-

• Her passport
  • Evidence that there will be sufficient funds to support her in the UK without recourse to public funds
  • Evidence there will be suitable accommodation for her in the UK without recourse to public funds

Note that you should provide the original documents and photocopies. Any documents not in English should be accompanied by an English translation.

Thanks 7by7

I think we have everything in order now,touch woodwai.gif

You have no need to translate documents we generally translate the marriage certificate as you will need this for the doctors in the UK.

While i totally agree with you about getting your documents translated to English, it can help you at at a later date with any problems. I/We have never been asked about our marriage certificate when registering for a doctor in England.

Edited by Thongkorn

• Her passport

Thanks 7by7

I think we have everything in order now,touch woodwai.gif

One other requirement I have noticed, which is fairly strange, is that you have to provide originals (and copies of course) of divorce certificates should either of you have been married and divorced previously, despite these being required for the marriage in Thailand.

1) These are standard, worldwide requirements; not every country requires proof that one is free to marry before conducting a marriage; the UK doesn't, the registrar takes the couple's word for it! Edit: old info; the UK now does require such evidence! Ooops!

2) Just because someone is applying in Thailand does not mean they were married in Thailand.

You have no need to translate documents we generally translate the marriage certificate as you will need this for the doctors in the UK.

While i totally agree with you about getting your documents translated to English, it can help you at at a later date with any problems. I/We have never been asked about our marriage certificate when registering for a doctor in England.

A translation of the marriage certificate is always handy not many people can read Thai in the UK.