High School Fees At Government School

weegee

Hi

I am sending down 20000 baht 4 times å year. I am told the cost is 7000. Semester. The other money is for ecspences . The money etc.

Sorry that i  cant give ecsact answer. Not thate now other cant give either.

Sorry for my English, a topic that is absolutly interesting going to pay the student tru high education olso. What're wold the cost be?

I take it you are not living in Thailand? Who are you sending the money to and how do you know how it is used? Did you by any chance meet a lady in a night establishment on your first holiday in Tthailand and she told you about her child´s expensive education and that she could not afford it herself? As has been said, there are not four school semesters in a year here. Have you met the child in question? Have you seen where he/she goes to school?

nice, a lot of questions to answer.No i dont live in Thailand. I am sending to my wifes closest relative. A women who are now singel mother with 3 children (Youth).No gambling, no drinking. I now some of the money are going to education. And i have made it clere that this is the porpose.If some of the money goes to fix some old ladys in the familys roof, i dont care.At first i sign in for 2 kids education, The oldest have tryed at lest twise to start higher education. But i think the test are to difficult. (maybe it is that ukulele playing thing that is the problem)Now working. So for now only one kid are in school.I do not want to comment on these nightlady stuff. These are our family in Thailand, And these kids have dayly Kontact on Facebook with our own kids. (Same age, welcome to brave new world)I have nown these kids since they were born. Nowone in our family has higher education, my wife have only 4 year at school.She cant help me out one these issues who worries me.My wife is more into helping the old people in the family(thaitradision)So i was thinking i could use some of my beermoney to help some of the young people,( Education is a good investment).If i manage to bring one or two kids trew, it will be a lonely walk. Well back to topic. 2 semestre, About 7000 a semester for goverment school is what i think is the cost. Will it be good enough to come in on university level? Or is it nessecary to send the kids to a private school.I understand that it is big diffrences in universitycosts. But maybee a engineringstudy on a medium university is somthing i can afford.If somone can give me the answer how mutch i can expect the cost to be. cost of living, cost of studying, 1 student.By the way, my first post is always when i am drinking :-) The second always sober.:-( Interesting to see the reaction, who i did not ecspect. Sorry for my english, i hope it is possibel to understand.

20000 twice a year sounds reasonable if a little generous. It will pay the school fees transport lunches excursions and the extra classes they always have. It is unlikely that this will get the kid into a proper university unless the kid is really capable and applies himself. There are however second level universities...which it may be possible to go to. Private universities are available for those who cannot meet the higher criteria but they are expensive.

10000 twice a year is enough too but maybe less extra tuition...eg maths and english classes and the after school and Saturday and Sunday babysitting at a coaching class which is common here.

Education is important and what you are doing is good.

Edited by harrry

As I said government school is free, uniforms and books 2k a year at most. Lunch/snack money 40bht a day is plenty.

1st tier of private schools are about 4k a semester.

As for can't pass the tests, sorry everyone passes, 50% mark for writing your name on the top of the paper, you only fail if you don't attend.

University Payap in CM charges 25k per semester (50k a year) for most courses.

If your wife is in Thailand she can also attend high-school, run every Sunday at government adult education centres, free of charge.

Edited by ludditeman