Ministry Of Sound

Boater

Check their facebook page.

I only saw the party advertised for yesterday ...maybe looking at the wrong place for anything else? Do you have a link? Thanks.

Of what I can see, it's a launch of a world tour for their 20th anniversary & not a regular event.

I only saw the party advertised for yesterday ...maybe looking at the wrong place for anything else? Do you have a link? Thanks.

Of what I can see, it's a launch of a world tour for their 20th anniversary & not a regular event.

I see that too, but I am sure I read that there will be monthly events at the lake. Unfortunately I can't find where I read that now. Maybe it's because I am tired!sad.pnglaugh.png

I see that too, but I am sure I read that there will be monthly events at the lake. Unfortunately I can't find where I read that now. Maybe it's because I am tired!sad.pnglaugh.png

Well basically after 2 years being shut the Lake View has been overhauled, revamped sound system etc and there will be club nights there quite often i expect. MOS will have club nights there, then you'll get HedKandi, Space, F*CKMEIMFAMOUS etc etc etc

Someone using lakeview. Talk about loud.

Is that what I can hear banging loud and clear all night? Wow, Im half way down the Ghost Road.

I think it finally stopped at 6am.

Yep - here we go again - WUMP WUMP WUMP. I'm in Mae Nam and this drifts in and out with the wind. WUMP WUMP WUMP At 4am I was sitting serenely on my balcony with Satie's piano pieces whispering wistfully (and vary faintly) from my house and at times the WUMPS were louder than my stereo.

WUMPS 9 STEREO 5

R

Is that what I can hear banging loud and clear all night? Wow, Im half way down the Ghost Road.

Yep - here we go again - WUMP WUMP WUMP. I'm in Mae Nam and this drifts in and out with the wind. WUMP WUMP WUMP At 4am I was sitting serenely on my balcony with Satie's piano pieces whispering wistfully (and vary faintly) from my house and at times the WUMPS were louder than my stereo.

WUMPS 9 STEREO 5

R

i'd give a 10 not a 9- loved the tunes blasting out over the lake and yonder- i even went and joined in- great location and glad its open again. full moon KPG- no thanks- much better at the lakeside- darts anyone?

WUMPS 9 STEREO 5

R

i'd give a 10 not a 9- loved the tunes blasting out over the lake and yonder- i even went and joined in- great location and glad its open again. full moon KPG- no thanks- much better at the lakeside- darts anyone?

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,

Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;

Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,

And live alone in the bee-loud glade. WUMP WUMP WUMP WUMP

Edited by robsamui

there will be club nights there quite often i expect. MOS will have club nights there, then you'll get HedKandi, Space, F*CKMEIMFAMOUS etc etc etc

I have heard of etc, but who are the rest?laugh.png

yeah etc is a top night smile.png

The rest are club nights born out of Ibiza and if the lake view is a success they'll be on there way here too, there's sh*t loads of em

It might not be to everyones tastes but a world wide brand like The Ministry of Sound is gonna bring a lot more people to Samui. Granted they might not be the kind of people we want coming to the island, but anything that increases tourists spending money, especially during the low seasons is ok by me. A ministry of sound event once or twice a month would be a huge draw to the island.

The club in Bangkok was not a failure, I believe it had to close because of drug use within the venue.

Edited by iian23

The club in Bangkok was not a failure, I believe it had to close because of drug use within the venue.

Wrong!!!

The club closed because in its financial plan 80% of its margin profits were supposed to be done between 2am and 6am.

Two or three months after its opening, Purachai Piumsombun, the interior minister had his entertainment early closing time implemented.

Regarding drugs, unless if you were entitled to reach the lounges upstairs that was a complete no-no.

Restrooms staff have even been trained to look under the doors -of the wc- to check position of the customers feet.

And I am not kidding or creating stories...