Jomtien Bht Bus Rudeness

ga3443

I am familiar with the area clap2.gif and I specifically chose not to live in Jomtien because of the crowded Baht buses, just like I chose not to live on the darkside due to the lack of baht buses. No one ever said go home, we just said don't grouse about where you chose to live

Actually, someone DID say go home.

Look, for people who DO rely on the baht bus service, we have a right to comment on that service, OK with you?

Also, if you don't ride the Jomtien buses, and you don't like to read grousing, why on earth do you bother reading threads clearly labeled as being about Jomtien baht buses?!?coffee1.gif

I can assure you I don't read the motoring forum or biking forums, much less post rude comments about accepting your lot in life without comment when people grouse over there (if they do, which I would assume happens, but don't really know ...).

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you time your trips from Jomtien to Pattaya well & don't get on a bus that's already crowded it's not too bad.

I find that with the increasing dining & entertainment options available in Jomtien I really don't need to go to central Pattaya much anymore anyway. There are baht buses on Tepprasit & I use them to go to Tesco Lotus fairly often.

If you time your trips from Jomtien to Pattaya well & don't get on a bus that's already crowded it's not too bad.

I find that with the increasing dining & entertainment options available in Jomtien I really don't need to go to central Pattaya much anymore anyway. There are baht buses on Tepprasit & I use them to go to Tesco Lotus fairly often.

Very good point! As Jomtien gets more developed, there are fewer compelling reasons to go into town as frequently. However, we really do need a more normal full sized supermarket. Edited by Jingthing

Very good point! As Jomtien gets more developed, there are fewer compelling reasons to go into town as frequently..

with tops now and good old food mart,can get most things but not cheap,maybe one day.

there are a few little big c,s now in bkk so hope they may open one in jomtien.

as for my deleted post only a bit of sarcasm jing,you can take it as the lowest form of wit,or the abiilty to insult idiots without them realizing it.

i do enjoy your posts about foodlicklips.gif

To all of you Jomtien residents, you make your bed and you lie on it. Travelling from where I live in Pattaya I have yet to be herded in to a baht bus or even taken the wrong way, but hey I researched before I bought

Edited by RabC

To all of you Jomtien residents, you make your bed and you lie on it. Travelling from where I live in Pattaya I have yet to be herded in to a baht bus or even taken the wrong way, but hey I researched before I bought

Before you get too smug, a lot of us bought into Jomtien before the Russian invasion. In Thailand, you just never know. The baht bus queue prison guard thing has really only gotten really bad over the last recent years. Consider the poor souls who overpaid for beach view condos in Jomtien Complex condo (now blocked). Edited by Jingthing

Before you get too smug, a lot of us bought into Jomtien before the Russian invasion. In Thailand, you just never know. The baht bus queue prison guard thing has really only gotten really bad over the last recent years. Consider the poor souls who overpaid for beach view condos in Jomtien Complex condo (now blocked).

Jing I have zero sympathy for the people whose expensive sea vies are now blocked. They bought in Thailand and there was a huge empty plot of land between them and their sea view, what did they think was going to happen, prior preparation prevents piss poor performance or caveat emptor.

Edited by RabC
  • Like 1

Before you get too smug, a lot of us bought into Jomtien before the Russian invasion. In Thailand, you just never know. The baht bus queue prison guard thing has really only gotten really bad over the last recent years. Consider the poor souls who overpaid for beach view condos in Jomtien Complex condo (now blocked).

Jing I have zero sympathy for the people whose expensive sea vies are now blocked. They bought in Thailand and there was a huge empty plot of land between them and their sea view, what did they think was going to happen, prior preparation prevents piss poor performance or caveat emptor.

Yes I understand that too. I was in a situation where I almost bought a unit adjacent to a lovely empty plot of land (years ago). I asked for info on the ownership of it and possible plans and of course that wasn't available. So I didn't buy. The land is still empty but, again, you never know.

Yes I understand that too. I was in a situation where I almost bought a unit adjacent to a lovely empty plot of land (years ago). I asked for info on the ownership of it and possible plans and of course that wasn't available. So I didn't buy. The land is still empty but, again, you never know.

Yee Gods Jing and I agree on something.....................

Even living in Jomtien, you dont have to be herded or go the wrong way. I moved here recently in the full knowledge of what I was getting into, and my 180-degree view and the lower accommodation costs makes up for the high season inconvenience. To be honest the Russians were more of a pain when I was living near Central as they block the pavements there 22 hours a day.

The Russian invasion (which always reminds me of the summer midges you get in tundra countries; they all arrive on the same day, make a dam_n nuisance of themselves for 3 months, then all vanish on the same day) is a new thing that didnt exist a few years ago. And I suspect that in a few years' time they will all decide to go somewhere else.

Baht buses have always been a bit of a hot topic, I remember when I first came here I read the Pattaya Mail and there always seemed to be letters to the editor about Baht Buses and people used to get in a stew about them. I thought they were great at first, hoping on and off and paying peanuts... but I've had a few negative experiences with them since then! Happy days :)

Try living in Phuket or Samui or Hua Hin maybe then you will really appreciate the Baht Buses.....fantastic and one of the better things about Pattaya....also BKK taxis are choosy, if you want to go somewhere out of the way or rush hour suddenly they dont want to put the meter on and you may have to flag 5 or 6 befor you get one that goes with the meter.

We're all agreed its MUCH better transport-wise here than Phuket and we should be grateful at least for that. That doesn't mean what is wrong here, and there is plenty, should be spared comment though because some other places are worse.

Edited by Jingthing

No need to complain about 10 baht buses , if you ever lived in Phuket you know how lucky you are to live in Pattaya.

Everything is cheaper , and we dont want to change that.

Edited by balo

No need to complain about 10 baht buses , if you ever lived in Phuket you know how lucky you are to live in Pattaya.

Everything is cheaper , and we dont want to change that.

So because Phuket exists, even though we don't live there, we need to be forever silent? Okie dokie.

Recently I was booted off the Phuket forum for commenting on why I stopped visiting there. I understood. However, get real, Phuket, you ain't the boss of us!

Edited by Jingthing

• 4 weeks later...

post-37101-0-84992300-1328284944_thumb.j

Rather than starting a new thread, I'd like to add a new "incident report" about the situation at the notorious South Pattaya going to Jomtien baht bus queue.

It was madness tonight at 930 PM. Totally out of control. The workers there were doing nothing about encouraging an orderly queue and masses of people were attempting to get a ride on a bus much further up the road. Usually the end bus is almost always a bus bus but there were heated discussions going to on make even those buses taxi buses. A Chinese family talked to me about where the buses were going. I said Jomtien. They said where and so then found out they were going a bit far out Jomtien but before Chayaprueak. I still think they would be OK and suggested they take a 10 baht bus but I couldn't guarantee the bus bus would go that far. This was overheard by the cattle herders and they blew a gasket when they heard TEN BAHT, literally screaming in horror. (My mistake trying to be helpful to tourists, it usually backfires). So then they are being sold on a taxi and that's OK I suggested an option to them. Anyway, I was now on their s--tlist so this butch trim young woman starts pushing me. Not once -- four times. Then I reacted and pulled myself away from her and mumbled something about you don't need to push me. Then she pulls out a WEAPON. Yes, a stun gun. And turns it on making a noise with it. Clearly a threat personally at me for the impudent crime of suggesting that pushing someone four times was quite enough times. Just so you know something I didn't really know before but SHOULD have known, the cattle herders may be, and tonight, were ARMED.

Edited by Jingthing

I will bump this one time because I had thought the fact that the bus queue herders are using STUN GUNS to herd and/or threaten people might inspire some comment. If they are carrying them and showing off their function, surely someday they are going to use them. Stun guns can kill. This is an old thread which I added to but I kind of think the stun gun aspect (and who really knows what other kinds of HIDDEN weapons) is the kind of news worth discussing.

Cheers

Edited by Jingthing

JT

They are out of control no doubt about it.

And they are capable of anything. And of course they are all armed with something. I guess if you are a regular user you just have to be aware of those facts as you are sure as hell not going to change anything.

Unless you decide to walk everywere, buy a bike or a car then not much else you can do but be careful with these loonies.

Never had a problem with the baht bus drivers. Had plenty of issues with drunk farang tourists though. Just tink the baht bus drivers have to deal with these louts every day. Would that not frustrate you on ocassion??

Do you use the South Pattaya Jomtien queue frequently? That's the focus of the topic I think.

Never had a problem with the baht bus drivers. Had plenty of issues with drunk farang tourists though. Just tink the baht bus drivers have to deal with these louts every day. Would that not frustrate you on ocassion??

Do you use the South Pattaya Jomtien queue frequently? That's the focus of the topic I think.

Do you use the South Pattaya Jomtien queue frequently? YES

That's the focus of the topic I think. Fully understood

As far as the queue "managers" often in high season they aren't the slightest bit interested in serving the public and organizing a civilized queue. So, no, I have NO respect for them. After the recent incident with the pushing and weapons display, now I am wondering if I should arm myself too. OK, I lied. That's a horrible idea which if you tried it would end in tears.

Edited by Jingthing