Jomtien Bht Bus Rudeness

ga3443

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last post is absurd. For my regular run, that would make a 10 minute trip more like two hours. INSANE!

If you liked the last one, you will love this one!

I used to feel the same way. Rush rush. Who was the rabbit in alice in wonderland? he had a watch.

Now, for me, it's about the journey, not just the destination.

I actually like to take 2 hours with a pretty girl on my lap rather than a 10 minute trip with an armed crazy person.

In life, the destination is death, so I like to look around now, take my time. I guess this makes me insane by western standards, but actually quite normal by thai standards, and we are in thailand?

You can rush, be in a hurry, you can be a whiny arse! I don't care.

But I do care when you condemn a system which is actually pretty good by world standards, based on a single run, for which there are many alternatives.

Good advice ... for a TOURIST. Explore the area. Most times real people in real life just NEED to get between point A and point B in the most EFFICIENT manner. And have fun carrying perishable groceries for two hours in the tropical heat. coffee1.gif

Good advice ... for a TOURIST. Explore the area. Most times real people in real life just NEED to get between point A and point B in the most EFFICIENT manner. And have fun carrying perishable groceries for two hours in the tropical heat. coffee1.gif

Oh shut up :P

You're spoiling my fun.

But, seriously, and I realise that I am almost alone in this, I do work here, and I do take my time.

I've come to understand that in life, I don't like to hurry and I don't like stress or being late, so I've created a life for myself that has massive amounts of space, so I can take my time.

It doesn't pay as well, but then neither does it give me ulcers.

OMG I just realised what I said. I sound just like a Thai! Maybe I'm not alone and maybe I'm in the right place, haha.

But yes, point taken.

If I did that run and had to be efficient with my time, I would take the shit bus and complain about it too.

But if I did it long time, I would create space for a longer trip or pay for a fast and comfortable trip. I do not like long term stressors in my life, apart from cigarettes.

Well, when I am in south pattaya and want to go to the jomtien beach road area, I take a white bus along sukhumvit. I take a healthy walk to get to the white bus.

A healthy walk like that twice a day and I would be dead by now.

Oh shut up tongue.png

You're spoiling my fun.

But, seriously, and I realise that I am almost alone in this, I do work here, and I do take my time.

I've come to understand that in life, I don't like to hurry and I don't like stress or being late, so I've created a life for myself that has massive amounts of space, so I can take my time.

It doesn't pay as well, but then neither does it give me ulcers.

OMG I just realised what I said. I sound just like a Thai! Maybe I'm not alone and maybe I'm in the right place, haha.

But yes, point taken.

If I did that run and had to be efficient with my time, I would take the shit bus and complain about it too.

But if I did it long time, I would create space for a longer trip or pay for a fast and comfortable trip. I do not like long term stressors in my life, apart from cigarettes.

very good answer

charlie

I've been using the blue bahtbuses for 35 years and in all that time I have never had any sort of altercation with a driver. In fact think that bahtbuses are probably the single best thing about living in Pattaya: cheap and omnipresent. Getting around places like Phuket is an absolute nightmare in comparison.

I choose not to queue with the Russian hordes by the school and I walk 50 yards up the road and flag an empty bahtbus down there. The fare is the same 10B but the ride is much more pleasant and much less smelly. It also allows me to avoid other unpleasant passengers, though as I dont go out much in the evening this isnt really a problem anyway.

My only problem with the bahtbuses is that in high season the Russians can fill them up in the early evening coming from Jomtien to Pattaya, but of course that's a problem with Russians, not with the bahtbuses.