Shipping Cargo/Overweight On Thai Air

bamboozled

Hi, does anyone have experience bringing merchandise on a Thai Airways flight and paying cargo rates and not overweight rates (which are upwards of 1200 baht/kilo)? In other words, your merchandise flies with you on the same flight you are on and you pick it up with your other luggage but pay for the extra weight using cargo prices. One guy told me he did this all the time but at the Thai office they had nothing to say about it other than to go to Thai cargo at the airport and ask there. I don't imagine that is a very easy place to get info, however, especially with my minimal Thai language skills. Any TV'ers have advice?

I don't know about Thai Airlines but there are a few private companies that do what is known as unaccompanied baggage . It is baggage sent as cargo and arrives on any available flight and you then have a few days to pick it up from the airport before you begin to pay for storage rates. Try Googgling Jetta Express which operates out of Australia to see if that is the type of service you require then find similar compaies that will do it from your location.