Thaksin Should Receive Criminal Sentence: Green Group Coordinator

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on, too many here confuse Big Ts conviction with politics when it was in fact a criminal matter. Found guilty during the term of his brother-in-law.

Correct .... and none of the other charges against him could proceed until he makes his first court appearance ...... many many people have missed the mark when they said Thaksin would be back last year after his sister/proxy was elected PM.

• Like 1

Green Group Coordinator??

"A new political group calling itself Green Politics was launched at the National Institute of Development Administration Saturday. Led by Suriyasai Katasila, the group plans to split from the yellow shirts' New Politics Party soon following a conflict with a faction led by party leader Somsak Kosaisuk. Suriyasai, New Politics' secretary-general, said his group of 10 dissident party executives could reconcile with the ruling Pheu Thai Party as long as it did not push for amnesty for Pheu Thai patriarch Thaksin Shinawatra."

Right on, too many here confuse Big Ts conviction with politics when it was in fact a criminal matter. Found guilty during the term of his brother-in-law.

I have been saying this untill I was ed in the face with many posters on the site

Thaskin is not a political criminal

His case was Criminal, and he was convicted under CRIMINAL LAW

And many here forget his conviction was not during the Coup or the Democrate Government

But while his own family was running the country

I have been saying this untill I was ed in the face with many posters on the site

And many here forget his conviction was not during the Coup or the Democrate Government

Spot on, I cannot see why this hard core defenders of the family regime are rebuffing this, All this minority do is try and wind up the posters that are spelling out the previous happenings.

All this has nothing to do with Abhisit ( he seems to be the scapegoat for their misguided rants)

and as they say in Nth England=" ya can't put nowt where there int nowt"coffee1.gif

I would support a strong green movement in Thailand, as long as its really about promoting green awareness amongst Thais and keeping Thailand green and beautiful rather than a cover for other political ambicons.

Regarding Taksin if he wants to come back he needs to admit his guilt and serve some time.

Edited by MaiChai

Quick reply.

"His own family was running the country" Where were you at this time ? They were elected to run the country but never allowed to do it. Some people should get their facts straights before posting.

Then Thaksin a criminal? A democratically elected PM deposed by a coup, a court that has no problem with that, then because Thaksin has to be convicted of something to justified the coup and they find nothing, he is finally convicted for a controversial land deal. Basically his wife bought a piece of land during an auction and she shouldn't have done that because her husband was PM at this time. Despite all the talks, that the only think the opposition ever found against it. A controversial land deal ! 5 years of chaos, almost a civil war and all they have is a controversial land deal !

• Like 2

Quick reply.

"His own family was running the country" Where were you at this time ? They were elected to run the country but never allowed to do it. Some people should get their facts straights before posting.

Then Thaksin a criminal? A democratically elected PM deposed by a coup, a court that has no problem with that, then because Thaksin has to be convicted of something to justified the coup and they find nothing, he is finally convicted for a controversial land deal. Basically his wife bought a piece of land during an auction and she shouldn't have done that because her husband was PM at this time. Despite all the talks, that the only think the opposition ever found against it. A controversial land deal ! 5 years of chaos, almost a civil war and all they have is a controversial land deal !

I would go along with a bit--IF that was all he ever did wrong, the coup to get him out ???? he was in government illegally at the time, why are you not seeing the man for what he did wrong ??? he was PAID money as P.M. to do good, it was no favour if he did any. BUT it was not his job to get dictatorial-and swindle. end of story. But you know don't you-or should. I'm only seeing what is wrong, and did say when others were in government if they were wrong. What's with your stance??? amazing.

Quick reply.

Are you not aware of the other charges awaiting Thaksin's august presence? But wait, there's more! Only an illegal land deal SO FAR, but when he gets here he gets the lot including the steak knives.

You are somewhat misguided.

Quick reply.

Thaksin was elected to run the country in 2005, but after 12 months decided to call another election. There was no result in that election, initially because there were too many seats with no result, and finally when the election result was annulled.

The coup occurred when no one was elected.

The land deal wasn't the only thing that they found against Thaksin. It was just the first thing that he was convicted of before he fled.

Thaksin was elected to run the country in 2005, but after 12 months decided to call another election. There was no result in that election, initially because there were too many seats with no result, and finally when the election result was annulled.

To be honest I'm surprised this PAD approved version of events is still current, even among the usual suspects, because it has been so long discredited - the coup that took place against nobody! Anyway there will always be a few who fly this kite since in every internet forum there small pockets of eccentricity.

For a more grown up version of this time Chris Baker recently had some interesting comments.

"With social change outstripping political development, more people have come to resent the centralisation of power, the inadequate and uneven distribution of public goods, the seemingly elevated and untouchable nature of the powerful, and the continued permeation of traditional attitudes about social hierarchy. These resentments fed into support for Thaksin Shinawatra in the early 2000s. Although he had not earlier shown interest in the downtrodden and seemed focused on swelling his own fortune, he became the first Thai politician to recognise the new social forces bubbling up from below. He offered some simple but highly effective social policies, and he positioned himself as a leader who would respond to ‘the people’ rather than an old elite. He was rewarded with rock-star-like popularity and a crushing electoral victory, winning 75 per cent of parliamentary seats in 2005.

The backlash came fast and hard. Thaksin was deposed in September 2006 and driven into exile. His party was dissolved and his supporters treated to military campaigns of propaganda and intimidation. When these measures failed to destroy Thaksin’s support, the retribution went further, modifying the constitution to lessen the importance of parliament and the executive in favour of the bureaucracy and judiciary, reviving the military’s influence through a new internal security act, instituting new measures to control dissent, and questioning whether Thailand needed electoral democracy at all.

This backlash, in turn, created the red shirt movement. Like others of its kind, forged in the heat of social change, the movement contains many contradictory elements. The core consists of Thailand’s less well-off, especially the more upwardly mobile among them, who have realised the potential of the vote to effect change. But there are also many business owners: they see Thaksin as a leader who can challenge the stifling bureaucracy and help the economy grow. And in the country’s northeast and upper north, the red shirt movement emerged as a route for peripheral regions to gain greater weight and respect."

• Like 2

To be honest I'm surprised this PAD approved version of events is still current, even among the usual suspects, because it has been so long discredited - the coup that took place against nobody! Anyway there will always be a few who fly this kite since in every internet forum there small pockets of eccentricity.

For a more grown up version of this time Chris Baker recently had some interesting comments.

<snip>

Where did I say that the coup took place against nobody? It was obviously to get Thaksin out. But at that time, Thaksin wasn't elected to anything.

Where did I say that the coup took place against nobody? It was obviously to get Thaksin out. But at that time, Thaksin wasn't elected to anything.

Then say what you mean, namely the coup was to force out a democratically elected leader with a strong majority.

And don't use the weasel words that apologists for the military criminals trot out when the subject is raised.

• Like 1

Then say what you mean, namely the coup was to force out a democratically elected leader with a strong majority.

And don't use the weasel words that apologists for the military criminals trot out when the subject is raised.

Too early in the morning for you?

But at that time, Thaksin wasn't elected to anything.

thaksin did more for thailand's lower class than anyone in recent history...

name a politician who doesn't lie/steal/cheat... silence.

if he deserves to be in jail, then so does every member of every government in the world... and probably yourself as well.

Edited by happysanook
  • Like 2

Thaksin got big money for being at his post, that money in salary was paid to him by Thailand for doing the VIP job, as I said before, he was NOT doing anyone any favours for the decisions he made, for the rich and poor. So why the Bul##it about the poor in Thailand.

The P.M. work does not involve lining his own and friends and family pockets. End of story. If people in other countries do it, then they are as corrupt, NO excuses. Please do not use this bull-s to cloud over his wrongs. With you not being an Abhisit fan, then surely you can give examples of any equivalent wrong doings he did, while trying to do a caretaker job. Your excuse for the man on the run does not hold water. The only thing I can think of is you are avoiding most of the truth. Wind up merchant ?

Green Group Coordinator??

ANOTHER NEW COLOUR GROUP ??!! YES, AMAZING THAILAND !!

Just when will they stop contaminating all the colours?? May be they should all go naked !!!

Wonder when will peace be achieve with all these figure heads from all 'coloured' parties around?

Where is the Thailand we once know?? sad.png

Edited by metisdead
Font resized, bold removed.

So now we have green shirts... surely they must start to run out of colors to use soon...

Any other colour party is great, if they are clean-transparent and have intelligent M.Ps in all departments able to run a country, that at the minute is daubed with excrement. A big shake up is well overdue to stop this family bandwagon. Greens == get on the ball get the dems finance minister-for a start-along with politicians of the same good quality-----and oust the bad apples here once and for all, giving them all== inactive posts.

Serious, legitimate question (not a wind up, just seeking information):

Why did K. Thaksin leave Thailand and refuse to come back in the last few years?

My understanding is that he has the resources to refute any unjust prison sentences and the means to appeal.

If he has done nothing wrong, then why hasn't he come back to the country he loves?

Why doesn't he come back and clear up these convictions and allegations against him?

• Like 1

Why did K. Thaksin leave Thailand and refuse to come back in the last few years?

My understanding is that he has the resources to refute any unjust prison sentences and the means to appeal.

If he has done nothing wrong, then why hasn't he come back to the country he loves?

Why doesn't he come back and clear up these convictions and allegations against him?

I'm sure he could wield sufficient influence in the cases against him that have yet to be tried, to not be too worried about them, but the problem rests with the conviction already passed down. As much as it was a fairly trivial business, in terms of what these politicians usually get up to, it was illegal and it was an open and shut case - his signature is on the documents. It makes it virtually impossible to come up with any defence, were there to be a retrial (he can't appeal as the time elapsed for that).

Thaksin proven innocent will be a huge lost of face for a number of very important people. Most important it would mean there was no good reason for the coup. There are stuff money can't buy.

Legend has it that Thaksin appealed to the very top, and the answer was, your ennemies are too many and too powerful, we can't do anything for you.

• Like 3

Because he's guilty and he knows it. A friendly government might be able to influence future court cases, alter the law, or pardon him. With a government that won't protect him, let alone one that actively seeks his prosecution, he has no chance of remaining out of prison. Even with a friendly government after the terrorism and armed rebellion of 2010 he has to be wondering if he can ever safely come back. A permanent police state might be the only solution

Because he's guilty and he knows it. A friendly government might be able to influence future court cases, alter the law, or pardon him. With a government that won't protect him, let alone one that actively seeks his prosecution, he has no chance of remaining out of prison. Even with a friendly government after the terrorism and armed rebellion of 2010 he has to be wondering if he can ever safely come back. A permanent police state might be the only solution

You forget that he did have a friendly government in power when he was convicted.

Thaksin proven innocent will be a huge lost of face for a number of very important people. Most important it would mean there was no good reason for the coup. There are stuff money can't buy.

Legend has it that Thaksin appealed to the very top, and the answer was, your ennemies are too many and too powerful, we can't do anything for you.

laugh.png

Careful, people might start to think you've been trolling us all this time