Skype With Dongle

swissie

I need to know: Is Skyping (Audio AND Video) with only a Dongle possible ? If yes, what minimum technical requirements would I need? = Bites, upload/download speed etc.?

Always assuming that it is possible: What monthly service (by way of TOT for example) should I subscribe to ?

Here in the boonies the local TOT folks can't really help me. I am getting the impression they don't even know what Skype is.

Thanks & cheers.

I've used skype with both AIS and DTAC dongles successfully, although I must add I get 3G with both where we live. When we go back to the village in Korat we can only get an edge+ connection but I can still use skype (audio only) successfully but trying to use video as well is very hit and miss. Sometimes it works reasonably, other times the video continually freezing and occasionally it just keeps crashing.

You don't say what part of the Thailand boonies you live, but I have used my CAT MC 727 dongle & Skype, in several parts of remoter areas of southern Thailand with no problems.... (that's an older model btw...)

I live near Ratschabury, where CAT is not available yet.