Non-Immigrant B In Laos

Hi All,

I am travelling to the Thai embassy in Vientiane to get a new 'B' Visa, can anyone tell me what I need please.

I have a valid work permit which I will obviously take, passport, completed application form, payment, anything else? Do I need photographs?

Also is the embassy open on Saturday morning? I will arrive Friday morning to present documents with a view to collecting on Saturday morning.

Is it easy to drive across? I have my own car and the ownership book for it, is that straightforward?

never heard of an embassy or consulate being open on Saturdays.

Does the car have it's own passport? Am sure it needs more than just the ownership book.

kota baru comes to mind. it's open on either saturday or sunday due to the muslim work week.

jap.gif From their website online

The Consular Section of the Royal Thai Embassy in Vientiane is open from Monday to Friday. Visa application form could be submitted from 8.30-12.00 hours only. Visa applicants will receive their passport back in the afternoon of the following working day. Passport collection time is from 13.00-15.00 hours. Please be informed that the Consular Section is NOT located within the premise of the Embassy chancery at Kaysone Phomvihane Avenue.

Its address is No.15 Ban Ponesinuan, Bourichane Road, Vientiane Capital (near Lao-Singapore Business College).

Because a work permit does not allow you to stay in Thailand. And there are many jobs that would not allow the holder of a work permit to extend there stay for various reasons (amount of pay, tax records and such are most common) so obtaining a new 90 day visa entry is the only option.

Thanks. Clearly the Embassy is not open on Saturday so it looks like a weekend over there and collect Monday afternoon.

Guess I will park at Nong Khai and walk across and then get a taxi or a bus to Vientianne.

there will be literally hundreds of people waiting there to take you across and beyond for a very modest fee