Is This New-Have To Show Boarding Pass On Arrival At Swampy To Get Inside The Terminal

In each instance I found out latter that there was a person of interest on the plane.

If that was the case, they could just look on the passenger manifest and find out exactly where that person was sitting and take them straight off the plane before anyone disembarked.

People often change seats on planes and the manifest then becomes useless in that regard.

Secondly, even after you leave the airport, if for some reason you lose your return ticket...the local airline office can use that boarding pass to access your flight info from the airline computer system....and thus verify that you did indeed purchase a return ticket. They may charge you a fee to re-issue that ticket...but that's better than having to buy a new return ticket.

giggle.gif

Don't most airlines not require tickets these days anyway? Usually your passport is all you need to check-in.

In my experience, most airlines now use e-tickets, so there would not be a fee to re-issue. Yes, the passport is enough to check in, but I had the check-in lady ask me once whether she can see the ticket. It turned out that I had booked another flight than the one I was trying to check in for, that's why she couldn't find my name in the computer. She quickly changed my booking to that flight.