Multi-Point Water Heaters

T_Dog

Hi Guys.

I have this unit in my new condo :

CLARTE SH63CT WH 6000W

Problem is that have no temp settings so its 6Kw instant and with normal bkk cold water its boiling hot almost impossible to shower with comfort . ,even with water mixer almost to none existing warm water flow and full open cold water mix it stills super hot about 60degredes Celsius . . also after 10minutes it shut down probelly over heat protection kicks in , then most click the reset button on the unit.... extremely annoying. . , i dont know what to do . the unit its brand new. . .but it seams that is build for colder countries etc. Korea/japan. . our cold water here in Bkk its to "warm" for the heater i think.........

Actually from Google check it is a mail order special for Thailand item and expect without extremely strong cold water pressure and mixer valve it might well be as you mention and not something I would consider using myself. Will let other try to find a way to lower temp if below is accurate photo on insides.

a7268ffbf8cb29e9523fcfd00549f84b.jpg

• 6 years later...
On 8/10/2012 at 4:12 PM, TongueThaied said:

I bought a 10 KW Panasonic, model no. DH-10BM1T Multipoint, 7,900 baht, that has a front switch that allows it to be switched from 6KW to 8 KW to 10 KW. Takes a hell of a cable, though, that 10 KW, 13 mm and a 50 amp breaker.

Me too, also 2012, it just died and now I am on the market.  Think I'll try a STIEBEL DHC8-EC.

In my last home I had a 50 gal electric tank heater, worked great for three bathrooms (showers and sinks) and the kitchen sink.

If you use a fail amount of hot water every day, and you have the plumbing to support it, tank heaters can be much cheaper to operate.

Edit: it worked perfect for 14 years until I moved..