She'S A Devil -> Business Ownership And A Police Investigation

Paddy knew exactly what he was doing, dont play with fire and you wont get your fingers burnt.

If he hadnt voulntarily put himself in the position he did, how would he have been ripped off?

Outsmarted by a khon chai, your goddamned right its hilarious, hell mend him.

And no I dont agree with dishonesty, thats why I have no problem with Paddy being taken to the cleaners (pun intended), thought he was smarter than the system.

You clearly agree with outright fraudulant behaviour by supporting what she did and degrading him.

A family guy sets up homes, business whatever here and through loopholes...not dishonest means....then it is all stolen by fraud and dishonesty.

You are amazing...same same los.

Paddy knew exactly what he was doing, dont play with fire and you wont get your fingers burnt.

If he hadnt voulntarily put himself in the position he did, how would he have been ripped off?

Outsmarted by a khon chai, your goddamned right its hilarious, hell mend him.

And no I dont agree with dishonesty, thats why I have no problem with Paddy being taken to the cleaners (pun intended), thought he was smarter than the system.

You clearly agree with outright fraudulant behaviour by supporting what she did and degrading him.

A family guy sets up homes, business whatever here and through loopholes...not dishonest means....then it is all stolen by fraud and dishonesty.

You are amazing...same same los.

Two words spring to mind here, due diligence.

Another two could be arrogance or ignorance, I dont know which is more apt in this case, but neither is an excuse for not carrying out due diligence.

Two others that spring to mind are, cause and effect.

Its not against the law to, got to bed at night and not lock my doors or windows, but I would be inviting trouble if I did.

Neither is it against the law to stagger around Beach Rd in the wee hours with my pockets stuffed full of Euro notes, if a friendly kathoey picks my pockets who is to blame.

I can only assume Paddy followed the sage advice of not investing more than he could afford to walk away from.

Just as a matter of interest, how many farang do you know who have been issued a land chanot in their name?

I refer back to an earlier post, dont play with fire and you wont get your fingers burnt.

Your, "A family guy sets up homes, business whatever here and through loopholes...not dishonest means....then it is all stolen by fraud and dishonesty.". Tells me all I need to know, words such as "loopholes" and "not dishonest means".

Nowhere did I read, legal or honest means.

A grey area I will grant you, but he should have known better than listen to estate agents or lawyers of dubious background.

So if I put land in my childrens name and continue to live in it...same same but different...then the gardener comes along and by a cunning plan put together over a few bottles with the head man and his cronies....my kids are scammed out of their property...that is ok by you ??

It is from the angle that you are supporting a scammer and thieves perspective, not if the foreign owner circumvented laws by legal means.....dont forget companies can be 49% owned etc etc....loopholes are usually legal ways around convoluted hurdles.

So if I put land in my childrens name and continue to live in it...same same but different...then the gardener comes along and by a cunning plan put together over a few bottles with the head man and his cronies....my kids are scammed out of their property...that is ok by you ??

It is from the angle that you are supporting a scammer and thieves perspective, not if the foreign owner circumvented laws by legal means.....dont forget companies can be 49% owned etc etc....loopholes are usually legal ways around convoluted hurdles.

I cant answer that, I dont know if you are the legal guardian of you children or not.

I am not supporting the scammer, its more a case of leaving yourself open to being scammed.

Why would I invest in a country anywhere in the world with little or no protection of my assets.

I have no idea how Paddy structured his assets, however if he was ripped off I can only assume he didnt adopt a belt and braces approach.

If anything this thread serves to re-emphasise the dangers involved for any who may consider this approach to investing, and also to take onboard the inherent dangers involved, legal or otherwise that you may be exposing yourself to.

Maybe the headman and his drunken cronies found a legal loophole to exploit the way round the convoluted hurdles to legal ownership.

Edited by rgs2001uk

I cant answer that, I dont know if you are the legal guardian of you children or not.

I am not supporting the scammer, its more a case of leaving yourself open to being scammed.

Why would I invest in a country anywhere in the world with little or no protection of my assets.

I have no idea how Paddy structured his assets, however if he was ripped off I can only assume he didnt adopt a belt and braces approach.

If anything this thread serves to re-emphasise the dangers involved for any who may consider this approach to investing, and also to take onboard the inherent dangers involved, legal or otherwise that you may be exposing yourself to.

Does not matter if I am the legal guardian or not...land can be put into my childrens name...legally, no loopholes.

People invest here because it is their families home...my wife is Thai, my kids are half Thai...this is where we choose for now and foreseeable future to make our home. But, just because the people in charge of the country make it hard, does not mean it cannot or should not be done as long as it is and can be done in various ways but still within the law. That they make threats and try to change shit from time to time is just to show off their extreme sad desire to never lose face over any pissy little thing.

Why should my children, or the irish guys children, have their home stolen from them by corrupt and low life pieces of <deleted>...the ones you seem to be so anxious to support...answer why ??...my kids are Thai and entitled to own land in thailand no matter what.

We are talking outright scam and fraud in the Irish case, that is the side you are arguing for, you are champing on the thai for stealing from the other by fraudulent means. You cannot deny your stance supports that.

Does not matter if I am the legal guardian or not...land can be put into my childrens name...legally, no loopholes.

People invest here because it is their families home...my wife is Thai, my kids are half Thai...this is where we choose for now and foreseeable future to make our home. But, just because the people in charge of the country make it hard, does not mean it cannot or should not be done as long as it is and can be done in various ways but still within the law. That they make threats and try to change shit from time to time is just to show off their extreme sad desire to never lose face over any pissy little thing.

Why should my children, or the irish guys children, have their home stolen from them by corrupt and low life pieces of <deleted>...the ones you seem to be so anxious to support...answer why ??...my kids are Thai and entitled to own land in thailand no matter what.

We are talking outright scam and fraud in the Irish case, that is the side you are arguing for, you are champing on the thai for stealing from the other by fraudulent means. You cannot deny your stance supports that.

I can deny anything I want, I deny Jack Daniels tastes better than a single malt.

Why didnt Paddy put the house in his childrens name, oh shit Paddy wasnt married to a Thai , neither did he have luk kreung children, never mind.

You are 1000% correct I am a buffalo, I can sleep in my bed at night, if the gov't decides tomorrow to up the stakes, lets see, dependant visa, 2 million baht please, oh not married to a Thai, that will be 4 million baht please, no problem.

I have mentioned on here before, bye bye, nice knowing you see you around, ,have money will travel, no problem.

Why wouldnt you put your land/house in your wifes name?

Anyway I bow down to your superior knowledge, I can leave here tomorrow with not so much as a backward glance, please excuse my cynicism, I prefer not to bet when the odds are in the houses favour.

The point here is, there is no legal protection against fraud. Fraud is common against falangs, we will always loose. So don't bring over more than you can loose. It is that simple. Cant these idiots get it in there head, we know fraud is wrong but there is no protection here! Its not like back home where we have the rule of law. Here corruption and fraud rule life. If you cant wrap your head around this concept, you probably should not be here.

....I might be able to cause her such embarressment she'll want to just throw her money at me and I'll just be so happy to oblige myself clap2.gif

It's that sort of attitude that will make you a statistic. Haven't you ever heard of the phrase "cut your losses?"

never ever get into any business with a Thai 99% regret it always Except if its your wife and if you dont trust your wife dont have one. Ive lived here over 16 years and its always without exception been a disaster in end. Walk aways and dont repeat mistake or your going to have big problems. If your lucky try and get her to buy your share for whatever you can get using sitkc and carrot methods but accept youll only get 50% if very lucky.

Why would you want to remain in? Take your stuff and run like helll.

I want to remain 'in' simply to wreck hell. As part owner I can do alot of damage, and perhaps if this goes to court, I might be able to get alot more simply for 'defamation'. It's really just part of the plan now, I probably won't be able to get the money back from the initial investment, but I can certainly get all those computers just sitting in the computer room to the same value. Then I'll burn the school down smile.png

dont be stupid just get out you cant win ive told tons of people this in 16+ years and most dont accept my advise but in end all without exception wish they had. A good friend with over 30 years here lost all (over 50 million baht) and had sense to just forget it start again and move on but hed also seen it all before and would never ever do business with a thai. IT was a forang/Thia scam but he did not know a Thai was involved or hed never have got involved

Its hard ver hard but get out now for your own sake or I guarantee you regret it later

Why would you want to remain in? Take your stuff and run like helll.

I want to remain 'in' simply to wreck hell. As part owner I can do alot of damage, and perhaps if this goes to court, I might be able to get alot more simply for 'defamation'. It's really just part of the plan now, I probably won't be able to get the money back from the initial investment, but I can certainly get all those computers just sitting in the computer room to the same value. Then I'll burn the school down smile.png

dont be stupid just get out you cant win ive told tons of people this in 16+ years and most dont accept my advise but in end all without exception wish they had. A good friend with over 30 years here lost all (over 50 million baht) and had sense to just forget it start again and move on but hed also seen it all before and would never ever do business with a thai. IT was a forang/Thia scam but he did not know a Thai was involved or hed never have got involved

Its hard ver hard but get out now for your own sake or I guarantee you regret it later

How did he lose 50 million ??...details of the scam ??....no need for personal stuff, just how it unfolded etc.

^^^^^^^^ There was a guy from Chiang Mai, an American if I recall posted his story on here a couple of years ago.

This wasnt no bargirl taking him for a few bob, this was an educated connected women who took him for a fair old wedge, would have made my eyes water, cop for some of that, ouch.

How did he lose 50 million ??...details of the scam ??....no need for personal stuff, just how it unfolded etc.

to be honest in my 16 + years here I personally know a lot of people whove lost 50-150 million speak to many whove bought high class resorts put in 50 million or more into some venture here. Theirs a lot of very rich forang here im not rich but my wife could take 20-30 million of me tomorrow no problem and leave me with nothing since she has it all anyway. I really find it amusing when I meet someone whos only lost a few or 10 million baht Just look at what happens in west with super rich people and scams same here Its mostly wives and girlfriends but ive also seen it in business partnerships. And dont think law protects you here it wont. Just look at some of scams Taksin did to foreign partners and rest of them. One friend is much against my advise building 5 town houses in BKK at Thong Lor for around 50 million baht with 2 Thai partners. Im just waiting to hear hes been done but wont tel him told you so. He can afford it anyway and most have to learn hard way. Another invested 60 million into a up market resort thinking he had proper title and lost it all to his Thai business partner even after 5 years in court which cost him an extra 10 million. The list is endless if you live here for long youll find out normally the hard way. Luckily ive been in Asia 25 years and in 10 years before I met my wife got stung in small way out of just a couple million baht so had learnt my lesson like most hard way but small beer really and they could have easily got several tens of millions by not being so greedy so early so I now thank them with all my heart. Im not saying mine is different but after 16+ years while I could be totally deluded I cant see it since shes had chance to walk away with 90% of our assets anytime in last 5 years + not that id care at 85 to be honest.

^^^^^^^^ There was a guy from Chiang Mai, an American if I recall posted his story on here a couple of years ago.

This wasnt no bargirl taking him for a few bob, this was an educated connected women who took him for a fair old wedge, would have made my eyes water, cop for some of that, ouch.

theirs many such true stories but most dont advertise it since they dont want to be thought idiots