Can We Get Prepaid Visa Or Mastercard Delivered To Thailand?

Hi.

Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for and get delivered a prepaid mastercard or visa?

The type that are available all over the internet.

I need to get some money i have in a few online payment processors paid into it, so I can withdraw from Thai ATMs.

I currently have around $30,000 sat in various processors from different online projects and I don't have a bank account in the UK anymore as it was closed due to being dormant for more than a year.

I could open a Kasikorn bank account, but none of the payment processors pay into thai banks.

The ATM would also be very convenient if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance.

I use one too.....from memory when I applied the first they want is proof of a UK address, but they dont care about banking details. They are strict about id due to potential money laundering and I think you would find it hard to get that kind of money transacted. I know the limit on my card is £5000.

Although I have one of these cards I use it as back up, I find it a quite expensive way of transacting, but it is always handy to know I have some reserve funds in case of losing my primary atm cards.

Barclays refuse to mail debit cards to my Thailand address though they will mail to my UK address for forwarding by mail under my responsibility. I don't know how other banks are, especially with pre-paid cards, and don't think I'd want to risk it. I would actually be more worried about the UK end than Thailand.

payoneer works with various companies like vWorker, InstaForex, IBFX, etc. sign up for an account with them (a forex brokerage would be quickest and easiest), and then request a debit card. It will probably be $50 for the worldwide fedex express delivery. I think monthly fee is $1-2 usd and fees vary depending on if you withdraw from atm, POS-pin, or POS pinless (signature). payoneer does have ach/wires for international customers. Probably best to sign up as a thai resident.

One option for the OP would be to open an offshore account with the likes of the Nationwide in the Isle of Man, it can be done from Thailand with a Thai address and you only need to maintain a balance of one Pound, his clients can transfer funds to them, as it's via a UK bank, and the funds can be transferred electronically to his Kasikorn account for £20.

My Mastercard failed here a couple of years ago. I had a new one delivered to my home address.

My book-keeper - who picks up my mail - put the new card inside a magazine, along with a bunch of junk mail and flyers, and sent it DHL to BKK.

Altho' the package was opened and resealed, the card was inside safe and sound. A small bit of tape held it firmly to an inside page and it did not shake loose.