Seems Maxnet 4 Home Has Gotten Their Act Together

hereforgood

Last Result:

Download Speed: 420 kbps (52.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 202 kbps (25.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

This test taken from a Speed testing site in Seattle Washington US

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

The first month the speed was a bit off

I have been getting these speeds regulary they go up and down a bit but never under 380 kbps download

I have had this service in Pattaya for 5 months and been quite happy with it the price is right at 790 per month for there 512/256 package.

My IP address is 58.147.xx.xx

Edited by penzman

still seems to be hit and miss...

Friend of mine accidentilly subscribed to maxnet4home, while he wanted maxnet4life.(well, his secretary did)

When he got online he was quite unhappy, as he tought he had Maxnet4life, and his speed seldom came over 100kbps, most of the time not even over 50kbps (aslo tested on speakeasy)

Well, if it's any comparison, this is from True's SME package, 512k, 2500/month (tested at speakeasy, seattle):

Download Speed: 112 kbps (14 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 145 kbps (18.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 88 kbps (11 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 106 kbps (13.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Tested at 9:45pm, wednesday.

True, you SUCK.

Well, if it's any comparison, this is from True's SME  package, 512k, 2500/month (tested at speakeasy, seattle):

Download Speed: 112 kbps (14 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 145 kbps (18.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 88 kbps (11 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 106 kbps (13.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Tested at 9:45pm, wednesday.

True, you SUCK.

Ouch !! :o

08:09 Thursday morning, Speakeasy Seattle

Upload Speed: 201 kbps (25.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAxnet4life, 2500 Baht/month as well (512/256)

08:09 Thursday morning, Speakeasy Seattle

Upload Speed: 201 kbps (25.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAxnet4life, 2500 Baht/month as well (512/256)

Monty,

Question for you here is my test Speakeasy is Seattle also 8:48 this morning

Last Result:

Download Speed: 423 kbps (52.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 203 kbps (25.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

But this is the 4home maxnet package 512/256 790 per month Why would my speeds be as good or better that yours for 1/3rd the price ??

Are there other features you have that the 4home package does not ?? I really don't understand the numbers I just pay and surf.

My IP address is 58.147.xx.xx

Thursday (December 1) morning from Korat, Speakeasy San Francisco server:

Download Speed: 407 kbps (50.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 143 kbps (17.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

MaxNet4Home: 512/256 (750 baht/month)

IP: 58.147.65.xxx

I've seen these speeds fairly consistently over the last month.

As an aside, I've installed Privoxy (local proxy server) to get rid of ads, animation, etc., and now my browsing experience is satisfyingly snappy.

I'm not exactly sure why these speeds can differ so much.

One member over here(Kid) was having fantastic speeds when everyone else was having shitty speeds on the Maxnet4home package.

In general, it seems the speeds have improved on the Maxnet4home network, but even so, a friend of mine got this package (he is located inside the shopping mall at the round about in North Pattaya, just behind Kiss food) just a few days ago, and speeds would seldom get over 100kbps download.

Local testing was showing over 400kbps so no line problem here.

He immediately upgraded to Maxnet4life, and speeds jumped up to over 400kbps internationally.

The main difference between the packages, is how heavy they will share your line.

Maxnet4home can get shared up to 50:1. Maxnet4life will get shared up to 10:1.

So maybe if you get hooked up to a node with very little subscribers, your speeds will be good. Just a guess!

Also, they clearly state in their brochure that the Maxnet4home package will not support VOIP nor P2P networks.

There are no such limits on the more expensive packages...

Anyway, I'm happy with the price I pay and the service I get, so no complaining from me...

Edited by monty

:o Is it really true that on Maxnet 4 home the P2P and VOIP sites are not available, and would there be a way to get around that? I'm considering dial-up for a one year set-up with Ji-net Non-stop with TT&T connection, or Maxnet4Home, so I'd really like to know the current situation with that. They are almost the same price the Ji-net and Maxnet4Home.

Monty,

When you give the 50:1 and 10:1 figures, what is it that is getting shared?

I always got fast downloads with a local server; it was the International links that were so highly variable. (And so horrible for a few months back there.)

So, is it International bandwidth that gets shared at those ratios or something else?

And, I'd be happy to upgrade to MaxNet4Life if Ms. Skinflint (err, Ms. Buadhai) would go along with it....

:o

Download Speed: 3604 kbps (450.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 408 kbps (51 KB/sec transfer rate)

You can tell I'm not in Thailand at the moment...

P.S. The internet line is less than 800 baht a month (and that line's actually shared between multiple apartments, so I don't have the full 800 baht's worth of bandwidth).

Internet in Thailand sucks (but not quite as much as the Internet in Australia)

Yep, it's only international bandwidth being shared.

Simply due to the high cost CAT is charging to the ISP's!

Currently, 1024kbps of international bandwidth will cost any ISP around 25000 Baht/month.

So you can see that at 790 Baht/month some sharing has to happen or the ISP would simply go bankrupt.

On the local bandwidth, the CAT has no monopoly, so there the healthy competition will keep prices low.

Bkk Mike, you're making us all drool :o:D

Ron, they state on the brochure that P2P and VOIP is not supported.

As with most ISP's they will only do packetshaping, meaning if the load of P2P networks gets to high then they will slow down the speed.

Same thing happens in Bkk with True users. It works, but terribly slow...

Edited by monty

funny, i was just coming on here to complain about my maxnet 4 home service. i pay for 512 speed and it rarely gets above 150... any suggestions? should i switch to maxnet 4 life or another provider?

Girlx,

just switch to Maxnet4life. You'll get a new username and password and it'll work immediately.

No use switching ISP's, it's the same story with all of them.

The cheaper "home" packages never come even close to their promised speeds!

The Maxnet4life 256/128 will outperform the speeds you mentioned 90% of the time... Costs 1450 Baht/month(+vat)

512/256 will set you back 2350 Baht/month (+7%vat)

• 2 weeks later...

I was connected to TTT Maxnet home 512 on Thursday.

After some initial problems setting it up with the free Highmark router, managed to gain access Friday morning.

Very goods speeds for a few hours, and then dropped down to around my old dial up speed for the rest of the day.

The weekend was even slower with download speeds of 29 to 40 kbps. Also experienced the LAN and DSL lights going off at times and had to completely reboot, turning the router off and on to gain access again. (Is this normal?)

Customer services seemed to be out all over the weekend, but managed to get hold of them this morning reporting the less than dial up speeds.

They were very helpful and asked me to turn my computer and router off for 10 mins while they checked my signal.

All seems to be fine again now with this speed test a few minutes ago.

Download Speed: 425 kbps (53.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 178 kbps (22.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Cheers,

Mike.

I was connected to TTT Maxnet home 512 on Thursday.

After some initial problems setting it up with the free Highmark router, managed to gain access Friday morning.

Very goods speeds for a few hours, and then dropped down to around my old dial up speed for the rest of the day.

The weekend was even slower with download speeds of 29 to 40 kbps. Also experienced the LAN and DSL lights going off at times and had to completely reboot, turning the router off and on to gain access again. (Is this normal?)

Customer services seemed to be out  all over the weekend, but managed to get hold of them this morning reporting the less than dial up speeds.

They were very helpful and asked me to turn my computer and router off for 10 mins while they checked my signal.

All seems to be fine again now with this speed test a few minutes ago.

Download Speed: 425 kbps (53.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 178 kbps (22.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Cheers,

Mike.

Mike a few of us enjoy good speeds with the TTT 512/256 package but overall that's not the case.

My last Test very nice

test34bc.gif

Hi hereforgood,

Which country did you select when doing the test?

Whatever I choose, I can't get it over 220kbps...

All other tests come in over 400 kbps so no real problems there!

You are getting the same results as Kid had before. Normally it is extremely unlikely to get such high speeds on a 512 connection.

The TCP/IP protocol used for internet connections has an inherrent overhead of between 10 and 15% due to error correction, destination and source ip adresses that get sent along which are not really part of the data you are receiving/sending, but they do eat up capacity of the connection.

Knowing this one would expect your connection to top out at around 460kbps (as mine does 90% of the time). They do mention this at most of the test sites as well, otherwise simply every subscriber would start calling customer support that they don't get full speed :o

I recall that at times Kid was testing over 500kbps, which is a technical impossibility if all the settings at your ISP are correct!

The experience Mike has that after call support, speeds would improve for a while. They just bumped me int a different IP range, where probably the load was a bit less...

Well I've had issues with Maxnet before but nothing as bad as this. I'm currently getting half dial-up speeds - possibly less as many speed tests simply give up after so long. Just spoken to customer services and he reckoned it was working all ok his end and suggested (fobbed me off) I bypass the splitter. The thing is, normal speeds are resumed after midnightish until maybe 9am, when I get <deleted> service. Been running really well for the past 3 months or so, but went crap about a week ago. Ridiculous CR possibly.

It's the weirdest package I have ever experienced. With some customers it's faster then what theoretically is possible, and with others you'd be lucky to get dial-up speeds during the day...

Jackr, I had exactly the same experience when I first subscribed to Maxnet4home. Worked brilliantly for almost two months, then went completely apeshit.

There were a whole bunch of us at Thavisa, and all our connections went steeply downhill at rougly the same time...This was about 6 months ago now I think...

We all stuck with it for a few weeks, on promisers from the customer department of imminent improvements, which never came.

Most of us have changed packages, some went to the Maxnet4life, others went to different ISP's alltogether. I'm happy with my Maxnet4life package till now...

twice this week i tested my MaxNet4Home connection speed- once it was 18!!! the other time 30! i called to complain and i guess i wasn't the only one because they sent a team out in a truck to my village to make the rounds. they came to my house, tested the speed online, got 71. shrugged, said that this was normal for their customers on the 512 Home package (arai na?), averted their eyes and ran outta there. ugh! i called to see if i could switch to MaxNet4Life and they said because i had already paid 2 months up front (i am just ending my first month) that my choices were to forfeit the deposit i put down already and pay another 2 month deposit for the Life package, or to finish up my two months and then change over, with a new deposit. so, er, you're going to steal my deposit because your service sucks? ok. why couldn't they just apply my first deposit towards the second? because they had already put it into the computer.... i find this incompetent service and false advertising to be absolutely scandolously ridiculous. but i have no choice do i?

No choice Girlx, no choice :o

I was lucky because I almost got two months of good speeds...

I had to fill out a paper to cancel, along with copy of passport, fill out another paper for the Maxnet4life package along with again another copy of passport.

For some reason I did not have to pay the 2 month deposit on the new package, just one month. Apart from a couple days I did not lose on it...

By the way, where the heck is NYC, Thailand?????

Edited by monty

It's the weirdest package I have ever experienced. With some customers it's faster then what theoretically is possible, and with others you'd be lucky to get dial-up speeds during the day...

Jackr, I had exactly the same experience when I first subscribed to Maxnet4home. Worked brilliantly for almost two months, then went completely apeshit.

There were a whole bunch of us at Thavisa, and all our connections went steeply downhill at rougly the same time...This was about 6 months ago now I think...

We all stuck with it for a few weeks, on promisers from the customer department of imminent improvements, which never came.

Most of us have changed packages, some went to the Maxnet4life, others went to different ISP's alltogether. I'm happy with my Maxnet4life package till now...

Yeah, I subscribed way back when they were doing that promotional drive and giving eveyone really good speeds. As soon as they reached their quota of mug-signings they shafted everyone by dropping down close to dial-up. Since then my connection has been fairly good and I rarely had less than 100kbps, more often around the 300 mark and occasionally over 400 after midnight. But something's gone drastically wrong. I guess I'll have to put up with it or start working on here at night. Don't particularly want to pay these gangsters double what I am now for no guarantee that I will receive better service.

Conclusion: bout time the A holes at CAT got their sh1t together and stopped ripping everyone off! :o

I was one of those people that changed over to a Maxnet4life package, after the Maxnet4home debacle... and was happy for a while... then the speeds dropped sharply off. :D

I complained may times but got the usual shoulder shrugs and averted gaze... :o

I did some homework... checked all the telephone wiring in the house, and found a faulty handset.

I disconnected it... and bingo... speeds back up to spec.

:D

Moral of the story: check your wiring and connections. Sometimes it's not TT&T's fault. :D

JaiDee is right. I know other users who have got bad speeds, and then proceeded to clean the connectors, change/remove faulty splitters, clean out the telephone switchbox (in one case it was full of water - no wonder the signal had trouble getting through), change the main outdoors phone cable into the house, and like JD remove other telephone equipment from phone jacks in the house.

All these things could be the culprits causing the bad speed or frequent disconnects, and if they are not fixed, which ISP you use will not matter much.

My speeds have lowered dramatically in the last two days for the Home 512 service.

Download Speed: 425 kbps on the 12/12

Download Speed yesterday and today just 75 kbps and lower.

Phoned customer services again yesterday and was told this was normal.

OK, better than my dial up service previously, but sort of wish they hadn’t of given me a taste of the 425 plus speeds in the first few days now.

False advertising also comes to mind. :o

Mike.