Fresh Venison Availability In Isaan

zzaa09

Here about 15 km outside of Kalasin there is a place called "The Deer Farm" restrarunt which is owned / run by a Swedish man and his Thai wife... I haven't been there in a few years, but notice that they are still open when I went by the place two weeks ago,,... They were raising deer for both their own use and for selling to restrurants and they said for export as well...

If you are interested, PM me and I can stop by the next time I am out that way and get some contact info for you...

Pianoman

• Like 1

Here about 15 km outside of Kalasin there is a place called "The Deer Farm" restrarunt which is owned / run by a Swedish man and his Thai wife... I haven't been there in a few years, but notice that they are still open when I went by the place two weeks ago,,... They were raising deer for both their own use and for selling to restrurants and they said for export as well...

If you are interested, PM me and I can stop by the next time I am out that way and get some contact info for you...

Pianoman

Thanks for the tip, Pianoman.

If you know the name and location of the place, a little drive up to Kalasin [from Surin] wouldn't hurt us at all.

Thanks again.

Jeff - they were serving warm venison salad at a Prakhonchai restaurant on the lake- according to a local forum.

Thanks Ray, but that's not what I'm looking for - I'll prepare my own.

Nice promotional effort anyway...coffee1.gif

Jeff - they were serving warm venison salad at a Prakhonchai restaurant on the lake- according to a local forum.

Try and keep up Jeff - the afore-mentioned restaurant was on the lake...........

Try and keep up Jeff - the afore-mentioned restaurant was on the lake...........

Indeed. Brothers and birds of a feather...

Indeed. Brothers and birds of a feather...

Now you are mixing your metaphors AND your game.

Pianoman

Thanks for the tip, Pianoman.

If you know the name and location of the place, a little drive up to Kalasin [from Surin] wouldn't hurt us at all.

Thanks again.

the place outside of Kalasin has a website www.knopper-co-ltd.com and the phone #'s are 043-121-0178 or 084-428-7959 I am fairly sure that you would need to have Thai call as the owner & his wife are not always there...

Pianoman

You want to eat Bambi? ohmy.png

Yes. on a spit over coals with an olive oil,mirin, soi, garlic, chilli and mustard marinade/baste.

Plump little Thumper would make one of my favourite Tapas --- Conjeca con Cebolla -- Rabbit fried with Onions in Olive Oil with crusty rustic bread to mop up the juices.