PM Will Not Dissolve Parliament Before Term Ends

Jai Dee

PM: I WILL NOT DISSOLVE PARLIAMENT BEFORE ITS TERM ENDS

Prime Minister THAKSIN SHINAWATRA reiterated that he will not dissolve the parliament before its term ends.

The Prime Minister said that he had reiterated to the Cabinet members to perform their duties as best as they could, without being too concerned about any criticisms. He said that their works will be taken into account whether the people will re-elect them to serve as the government again.

As for the ongoing criticisms against the government, especially at LUMPINI (ลุมพินี) Park, he said that it is normal, adding that he is using Google Earth website to check the people's responses. The premier added that if the people are dissatisfied, he will listen to their criticisms and adjust the way he works. However, he insists that he will not dissolve the parliament before its term ends.

The premier also said that those intending to contest for a senate election next year may come out to criticize the government and express strange political responses, to create acceptance among the public. However, he indicated that he is not too worried about those critics.

Source: thaisnews.com ประจำวันพุธที่ 30 พฤศจิกายน 2548

especially at LUMPINI (ลุมพินี) Park, he said that it is normal, adding that he is using Google Earth website to check the people's responses.

With such statement, how not to hate him ?

This man has so much contempt for everybody... it's amazing.

Same story when he spoke about "the mercury planet" and his misfortune. Many thaught that he was going mad... absolutly not.

It was just another blow, an absolut cynism, to the journalists that he despises.

As for the ongoing criticisms against the government, especially at LUMPINI (ลุมพินี) Park, he said that it is normal, adding that he is using Google Earth website to check the people's responses. The premier added that if the people are dissatisfied, he will listen to their criticisms and adjust the way he works. However, he insists that he will not dissolve the parliament before its term ends.

How does that work then?

Edited by endure

"I won't be shameless staying on unless people want," says PM

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said on Wednesday that he is ready to step down whenever people are unhappy with his government’s performance.

“I have surveyed people’s opinions all along and found they are still happy with the government’s performance. I won’t be shameless staying on in office unless people want my government,” he told journalists here.

He said he repeatedly called on his cabinet members to stress on performing their duties and stop countering criticisms in an overreacted manner not because the government was in a very difficult position.

Instead, he viewed what the cabinet members should do now is to work hard for the benefit of the public because they are part of a democratic government elected by the people.

He said the government had just performed the duty for one year. Should it be able to perform well until its four-year term ends, it could be re-elected to pursue its jobs. It is a democratic rule everyone must accept.

“Everyone can express emotions because he or she is a human being. But when the emotions ease, everybody must comply with the exiting rule and be attentive to working. Under the democratic system, everyone must respect the majority. However, they have to heed what the minority says and warns,” said the premier.

Mr. Thaksin said the government must administer the country based on the political and legal principles.

“We have abided by the principles to perform our duties and will do the job until the four-year term ends. Whether there will be a parliament dissolution or not depends on me as the premier. Personally, I want to serve the people to the end of my term,” he said.

The premier denied a rumor over a coup d’etate, saying such an action is considered a setback in the democratic system.

Asked to comment on some parties’ intention to involve the monarchy into politics, Mr. Thaksin said it is an individual view. But he personally disagrees with the action.

--TNA 2005-11-30

PM: I WILL NOT DISSOLVE PARLIAMENT BEFORE ITS TERM ENDS

...and express strange political responses, to create acceptance among the public. However, he indicated that he is not too worried about those critics.

Source: thaisnews.com ประจำวันพุธที่ 30 พฤศจิกายน 2548

Strange political responses from a man who had talked about Mercury spinning in the wrong direction. I can't imagine something more strange than that coming from an the leader of a country.