Thailand Ranks 2nd For Facebook User Growth

webfact

Thailand Ranks 2nd for Facebook User Growth

Thailand is ranked the second top country in terms of Facebook user growth after Brazil.

A report via the Asian Correspondent Dot Com website, citing blogger Nick Berser, ranked interest in social media Facebook among 30 nations.

Statistics showed rising Facebook registration in all Southeast Asian nations.

Thailand is ranked 21st in terms of Facebook membership.

However, Facebook membership for Thai nationals grew 240 percent in 2010 and almost 4,000 percent for the past two years.

As a result, Thailand is ranked the second country in the world, after Brazil, with the highest Facebook user growth.

Other Asian countries also see rising interest in Facebook.

The number of Facebook members has increased over 100 percent in Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia, and India.

This has pushed Asia to become an important region for the expansion of various social media.

Internet usage is expected to grow further in Thailand and Southeast Asia with the introduction of smart phones and Wi-Fi internet which will help increase the number of Facebook users in Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Indonesia.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-01-09

footer_n.gif

Has anyone seen the new facebook timeline format?

Why these people just don`t publish all their personal details and private lives on he front pages of all the national newspapers worldwide and have done with it, I don`t know?

I find the whole setup frightening. Last I heard is that big brother has been made redundant as the people are handing over everything they wish to know, to them on a silver platter.

The system is continuously tricking them into parting with more and more personal information and they fall for it everytime.

Dumb or what?

• Like 1

I just hate it, I cant do anything without being worried I will end up on a facebook wall. Yes some of them take pictures every hour of the day and post it on the wall . I have to check FB now every day just to make sure theres no funny pics of me.

• 4 months later...

The number of members of facebook of Thais has risen from a few hundred thousand to more than 10 mill. within just a couple of years! A true epidemy!

Personally I do not really have a good feeling about facebook, the founder, how the page functions and the whole set-up of it. I don't trust the official story about it, I sense, something is wrong about this whole thing. I have no wish to have such account.

But looks like Asians love everything Western, these days. They eat it all. Maybe they are not aware what they are dealing with...

It is amazing. It is big brother automated by the people themselves. I've seen a number of people rejected for job applications before interview because of the crap they've put on their facebook.

i.e. saying how work is boring and they were just clock watching or use of certain substances.

So no comment yet about why it's becomming popular in Thailand. I seem to remember another thread i.e. Bargirls finding sponsors. tongue.png