Corkage Charge

cardholder

Don't get me wrong, I am not against a corkage charge for taking your own wine to restaurants.

However, King Seafood are now charging 300 Baht a bottle which I think is on the high side.

Admittedly it was 5 years ago but the last time I took a bottle in there I am sure they only charged 20 Baht.

With wine it is a different matter because you are not buying mixers. 300 Baht seems reasonable for wine when you consider I am charged 300 Baht here to open Vodka or Whiskey AND I buy mixers.

I was always used to not paying a charge when buying mixers, ice, food. Now I refuse this stupid charge here in Pattaya.

Vodka + charge + mixers = extortion.

The previous poster PD sums it up.

Nice enough place once you get through the door and escape the madness, but to me it has tourist trap written all over it.

This place sums up everything that is wrong with Pattaya, and why I find myself spending less and less time there, GREED.

I and friends vote with our feet and walk, not that the owners care, there is always a busload of Russian tourists waiting to take our place.

These days I find myself spending more and more time in Rayong where these prcatices are unheard of.

Over New year we spent time in a beach resort in Rayong, what a pleasure to sit on the beach without a hawker,peddlar,hooker or pimp in sight, no drug dealers or jet ski mafia types.

Reminded me of what Pattaya used to be, no point in being nostalgic, times change and so do people.

These days I am more likely to be found in Bang Saen or Rayong.

Over New year we spent time in a beach resort in Rayong, what a pleasure to sit on the beach without a hawker,peddlar,hooker or pimp in sight, no drug dealers or jet ski mafia types.

Reminded me of what Pattaya used to be,

I've been coming here for 35 years and I dont remember a time when Pattaya didnt have all of them, except perhaps the jet-skis. There used to be fewer of them maybe, and concentrated more in one area, and with a generally nicer attitude, but they were all there.

Considering the use of wine glasses (with risk on breaking), cooler, the loss of profit on house sold drinks (an important margin factor in places as Pattaya where competition on food prices is strong) etc. 300baht for a properly opened and served bottle isn't that extra-ordinary I'd say.

Considering the use of wine glasses (with risk on breaking), cooler, the loss of profit on house sold drinks (an important margin factor in places as Pattaya where competition on food prices is strong) etc. 300baht for a properly opened and served bottle isn't that extra-ordinary I'd say.

For wine, yes, I agree. For other bottles of spirit where you buy mixers all night, no.