Honda Crf 250L

RED21

Sad to hear that the bike is only 18 hp.

Sure honda tune it like that to create a market share to the expensive version crf 250 r - or was it x? - as they were claiming 30 hp in motoshow.

So one must be crazy to buy honda crf l over kawa klx.

Price wise, there are only 15 k thb between them but performance wise kawa is 40 % better and years ahead in terms of reliability.

Heartbreaker honda:)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

You do realize that the CRF 250L and CRF 250X are completely different bikes, yes? coffee1.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sad to hear that the bike is only 18 hp.

Sure honda tune it like that to create a market share to the expensive version crf 250 r - or was it x? - as they were claiming 30 hp in motoshow.

So one must be crazy to buy honda crf l over kawa klx.

Price wise, there are only 15 k thb between them but performance wise kawa is 40 % better and years ahead in terms of reliability.

Heartbreaker honda:)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Really?The KLX is 40% more powerful than the CRF-L? That flies against all the guys who rode a KLX with pipe, air filter and modded ECU then jumped off that onto a stock CRF and said the Honda was faster......

I think loserlazer is confused. Friday night and all burp.gif

So just had 1000 km service done would you say the break in period is finished now(not that I worried about the breakin except for the first 100km) and also from what I've read I think it may still be early changing to semi/synthetic oil when do people recommend changing to mentioned oil.

Bike now is not due in dealers again till I hit 4000km

Thanks

So just had 1000 km service done would you say the break in period is finished now(not that I worried about the breakin except for the first 100km) and also from what I've read I think it may still be early changing to semi/synthetic oil when do people recommend changing to mentioned oil.

Bike now is not due in dealers again till I hit 4000km

Thanks

I'd wait until the next scheduled service before you switch to full synthetic. By 4000km the engine should be completely broken in. Ride on! Tony bikeday_smilie.gif

Here is a shot of a white one in motard trim. The more I look at it the more I like it! The guy is selling all sorts of wheels, these are B14000. Not sure exactly as it is in Thai.

18052012155.jpg

same engine and gearbox as the CBR250, so can't see why it wouldn't be possible to extract same power out of the CRF250L. I suspect bigbikebkk paid for the dyno test on the CRF! smile.png

the CRF looks great with the wider road tyres. I was wondering how it would look with the front gaurd so photochopped it.

post-70604-0-27897700-1338038517_thumb.j

Picked mine up this afternoon. Holy crap that was a fun ride home. Yeah, doesn't take much to get me excited, especially since I haven't ridden a manual bike in a while let alone anything over 125cc. I liked the PCX, but believe I am going to like this a lot more. Wasn't looking for a lot of speed, just power to move quicker when needed.

Might have been a slopticle illusion, but it really seemed to be easier moving between stopped cars at red light than the PCX was. Riding position was comfortable but only about 20k ride.

Tach would be nice as well to help tune the ears. Being slightly on the vertically challenged side, look forward to getting motard setup. Will have to do something about extra storage which I will miss about PCX. Any recommendations on top box or other storage options?

same engine and gearbox as the CBR250, so can't see why it wouldn't be possible to extract same power out of the CRF250L. I suspect bigbikebkk paid for the dyno test on the CRF! smile.png

the CRF looks great with the wider road tyres. I was wondering how it would look with the front gaurd so photochopped it.

sick.gif

FAIL sick.gif

Here is a shot of a white one in motard trim. The more I look at it the more I like it! The guy is selling all sorts of wheels, these are B14000. Not sure exactly as it is in Thai.

18052012155.jpg

Urban assault mode...thumbsup.gif

a small hugger front guard certainly looks better than dropping down the original guard, it actually looks good without a front guard at all.

post-70604-0-96454300-1338091038_thumb.j

I think it would look better with a shortened mudguard like the d-tracker has.

Why all the hassle of changing wheels if you want to use this bike for road riding can you not just change to road tyres on the original wheels

Gotta say the White in motard trim looks great

It's more of a hassle changing the tyres than changing the wheels with other tyres on, and you wouldn't get the advantages of having a smaller front wheel.

Also there is no decent rubber available for a 21" front hoop that is also only 3 inches wide. That is the whole idea of motard, using sport bike rim sizes and the great selection of rubber that goes with it.

Picked mine up this afternoon. Holy crap that was a fun ride home. Yeah, doesn't take much to get me excited, especially since I haven't ridden a manual bike in a while let alone anything over 125cc. I liked the PCX, but believe I am going to like this a lot more. Wasn't looking for a lot of speed, just power to move quicker when needed.

Might have been a slopticle illusion, but it really seemed to be easier moving between stopped cars at red light than the PCX was. Riding position was comfortable but only about 20k ride.

Tach would be nice as well to help tune the ears. Being slightly on the vertically challenged side, look forward to getting motard setup. Will have to do something about extra storage which I will miss about PCX. Any recommendations on top box or other storage options?

Ditto just about all you have said. I've had mine just over a week, and i too moved from a girlie-bike....a Yamaha Nuevo 115ccAuto, and the step up in power is good enough for me. It has handled the combined weight of my wife and i at 175kilos very well. I wont be trying to turn it into a MotoX copy and go Hill Humping either, or doing a Motard refit due to predominantly riding on the road. I bought the bike for what it is, an on/off road Trail bike. That's what they were called back in the 70's when i first started to enjoy them. Trying to turn it into something it's not seems daft to me, and slagging off a machine cos it doesnt make the tea aswell....but each his own i guess.

I too am thinking of a Topbox, but maybe the support bracket of any on the market may need modding to fit the given CRF-L fixings. I miss having storage for a spare hat, but also i keep thinking the wife is about to flyoff the back when i give it some. I have to say "hang on" now if i know i'm about to open up to get rid of traffic. The responce is excellent IMO and suits my needs. The ride is comfortable both on and off road on dirt track/trails. I mentioned before that IMO the roads around Patts (Thailand in general) are bloody awful, and it's a joy to be able to just cruise over the <deleted> without having to keep swerving or braking due to a sunken/raised drain cover or pothole.

Someone suggested i may get bored with it after 2yrs, but i dont think so....this bike was bought for practicality as well as enjoyment, and i foresee a long partnership ahead.

I'll let you know if i find any Topbox solutions. smile.png

Edited by StGeorge

I notice the accessory rack avialable has a plate with holes in it which may line up with a top box. Honda may even ofer one to suit. Either way, I think you will be able to fit one onto the rack easily.

I think it is a great bike for people to upgrade from scooters to. Extra power, space, better handling over rough roads and better power, it makes sense.

Small-bore On/Off roaders with proper tires are great Urban Assault Vehicles. And Thailand tracks are comically small & tight for real sportbikes with their big speed. So a CRF, D-Trax or KLX 250 w/ a spare Motard wheelset may just be the Sweet Spot for biking in LoS...

If you don't mind sharing, to help keep us from getting the 'Farang Price,' what are the out-the-door prices you guys are seeing/paying for your bikes?

Quick question; any boardmembers above 90 kg take their CRF off road and care to comment on how it handles for n00b riding? I wouldn't be tackling anything serious, but want to know if I should start shopping around for uprated springs and the such.