Honda Crf 250L

RED21

Does anyone know how to make this bike loud as F&@k?? If i cut open the muffler and take out any excess objects will it be enough or will i have to retune the ECU? And Is it possible to get more effect out of the engine only by modifying the ECU? And not changing other parts?

Man im so dissapointed with the sound the bike gives. The bike rides like a dream, suspension in front and back are great but without sound there is no feeling. I knew i should have bought a 2 stroke KTM bike.

There are already locally made after market pipes for these bikes, around B6-7000 for a full system. Companies like FMF will most likely produce a nice can for them.

The trouble I see is that the way the heat shield is set up it will be hard to replicate as the mounts are on the can itself.

I was thinking of gutting the standard can as well. it contains a catalytic converter so is quite restricted. there is a weld seam towards the front of it and you could get a local shop to cut it open, remove the cat leave the baffles and reweld it. It's matt black so easily painted over. this may work well and a cheap solution. Also there will be a ton of second hand standard cans as people remove them to fit the after market cans so you could pick one up to play with it pretty cheaply I reckon.

There will be a high flow K&N filter coming along and I think I read here a mob in BKK are developing an ecu for it as well. They make ones for the KLX already.

Who's first? :)

Personally I am waiting to see what comes up over the next few months.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rode about 170 k last Wednesday. I know, not much to some, but my first trip that included off road. Not sure if there is a name for it, but the route went out Mae Rim Rd to the Mae Taeng elephant camp area, then past the Mae Taeng river rafting. Some dual and some single that came out on the 1095 Pai rd. Nothing major, but according to the friend I rode with, it was a lot wetter and rougher than when he rode it before. To me, there were lots of ruts, rocks and mud. This was my first experience riding off road, and have to say it was a lot of fun with some pucker moments thrown in (will have proper footwear and knee protection next time). Beautiful countryside, with villages scattered about the route, places I'd never experience on 4 wheels.

The seat was comfortable for the most part, and since I wasn't really comfortable riding standing, sat through many of the bumps while my friend was standing. Suspension seemed pretty good to me, and really didn't feel abused by the bumps. Seat really only became uncomfortable on the way back about half way between getting on the Pai rd. and the Mae Rim rd. The big surprise was my knees did not lock up at all. Riding position on a PCX had my knees hurting after only about 15 k. Can't comment much more on how it did off road as I have no experience to compare to, but it made it without any issues.

Tires handled everything off road without any problems, and rode the pavement quite well. Had me rethinking whether I want to have a set of motard wheels/tires made up, but since most of my riding will be daily commute will probably still go that route and learn to change them out for off road.

Filled up at Mae Sa and then again right after getting on the Mae Rim rd. coming back. Still had 2 bars showing on the fuel gauge, and can't remember the exact distance, but figured it out to 34.5 k/ltr.

One thing for sure, it takes a lot longer to wash than a PCX.

On a side not, any recommendations on where to get a lift stand in CM?

Try "Fast Corner", Ground Floor, Pantip Plaza, Changklan Road.

Edited by RED21

Try "Fast Corner", Ground Floor, Pantip Plaza, Changklan Road.

Thanks. Hadn't thought about them, and just walked by their shop a bit ago after picking up a harddrive. CRF brochure has one listed on accessories page, but would like to see what the options are around.

^

I was given a price of 4000 bht for the one in the Honda brochure good stand but way to expensive saw another one for 1200 bht but it didn't have a locking system looked like it could collapse to easy.

I just use a low wooden chair now pretty easy to get the bike on and off it once you get used to it.

What I am looking for now is a ramp to get the bike on the truck seen one for 4500 bht way to much again anyone know of others available

^

I was given a price of 4000 bht for the one in the Honda brochure good stand but way to expensive saw another one for 1200 bht but it didn't have a locking system looked like it could collapse to easy.

I just use a low wooden chair now pretty easy to get the bike on and off it once you get used to it.

What I am looking for now is a ramp to get the bike on the truck seen one for 4500 bht way to much again anyone know of others available

Welding shop and a drawing is your best bet, or a plank.

^

Do a search on this forum for 'bike ramp' , a couple of guys bought ramps for pickups a year or 2 ago.

^

how high is the chair you have ? i have a chair/steps 16 inches but cannot lift the bike onto it by pulling up on the sub-frame on the side-stand.... think this is about the right height if you want to drop off the wheels ?? i got a puncture last week and ended up using a paddock stand which was a disaster, eventually got the wheel back on by deflating the tire and using a smaller stool for support

^

how high is the chair you have ? i have a chair/steps 16 inches but cannot lift the bike onto it by pulling up on the sub-frame on the side-stand.... think this is about the right height if you want to drop off the wheels ?? i got a puncture last week and ended up using a paddock stand which was a disaster, eventually got the wheel back on by deflating the tire and using a smaller stool for support

I'm going to try and make something similar to this home made lift. Looks like a great idea. Maybe there are ready made one's available? I've never seen any for sale.bikestand2.jpgbikestand.jpgbikestand.jpg

oh deartook a little drop offroad today looks like radiator damaged any tips on how to repair or is it just easier to sttraight swap for new one

it looks like the radiator has bent or moved so then when the fan come on it was toching radiator and it seems to have worn a hole need to get it all of bike for better look

post-105817-0-97247200-1340706468_thumb.

you can repair the radiator by soldering it, but it has to be the right solder not the kind used in electronics. Alternatively you can also get it brazed.

Epoxy wont last, too much heat and steam.

Take it ff and go to a thai radiator repair shop that fixes car radiators.

I'm going to try and make something similar to this home made lift. Looks like a great idea. Maybe there are ready made one's available? I've never seen any for sale.

One idea is to copy the

(youtube link), the one we built lifted the bike off the ground. I made some dimensioned drawings, along with a cardboard templete, and Dang's shop by the airport built one in a day for just over 1000 b. They even gave us a well used scooter tire to wrap in the cross bars. Worked perfectly for a friends KLX, and I skipped on one of my own (large wooden block found at my first house worked fine). Very easy to use (I have my plans if anyone is interested, in Google sketchup).

tubed_rackpro-1.jpg?t=1341461583

Dimensions below, I think, are for a D-Tracker stand;

tubed_rack.jpg

I'm going to try and make something similar to this home made lift. Looks like a great idea. Maybe there are ready made one's available? I've never seen any for sale.

One idea is to copy the

(youtube link), the one we built lifted the bike off the ground. I made some dimensioned drawings, along with a cardboard templete, and Dang's shop by the airport built one in a day for just over 1000 b. They even gave us a well used scooter tire to wrap in the cross bars. Worked perfectly for a friends KLX, and I skipped on one of my own (large wooden block found at my first house worked fine). Very easy to use (I have my plans if anyone is interested, in Google sketchup).

tubed_rackpro-1.jpg?t=1341461583

Dimensions below, I think, are for a D-Tracker stand;

tubed_rack.jpg

Looks awsome

post-105817-134148282302_thumb.jpg

Here is my chair i just tilt bike on side stand wedge frame on side of chair then sort of pivot and lift it onto chair a heavy chair helps so it doesnt slide around when getting bike on it as you can see both wheels are well clear of ground.

And below is my rad repair using epoxy metal liquid seems to be holding up alright time will tell if it lasts though

post-105817-134148305829_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

I was at X-Speed today and saw this. It looks like they threw some CBR 250 mags on the CRF and made a motard.

Fender up front looks a bit weird (maybe if it was shorter like the D-tracker's it would look better), maybe it's just the angle of the picture...

The black wheels also look bad because of the glossy paint...

Still hoping for an official motard version soon....

Edited by RED21

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere that the CRF has one radiator, while the KLX has two. Has anybody had any overheating issues with the Honda?

With the KLX and DTracker you really really have to push them to have the fan go on, 74,000 km and only once did my fan come on well struggling in the mud on Doi Tao lake during a 40c day. One is definitely enough

Have the CRF owners find their fans going on every no and again? Like the Versys, when going slow in the steep hills the fan comes on often.

went out at 1 pm today just to get some pad gra pow gai for lunch couldnt help myself came back 4 hours later covered in mud too much fun,,,,

Man that looks like an amazing afternoon. I want one of these bikes so dam_n much but living in Bangkok I don't see myself going off road often. Plus I ve never place my butt on a dirtbike. If I were living upcountry though, I would get one in a heart beat. The bike looks so much fun to ride.

Having a search on you tube yesterday dirtbike shop now have a video up of one in super motard trim ,There is also another video of a thai guy showing indicated top speed of 164 k/ph reckons he only changed exhaust and Sprockets I'd say he changed bait more than that Christ knows why you would want to hit that speed on these they wobble enough at 120-130

Edited by taninthai