Honda Crf 250L

RED21

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

price is as predicted, approaching "not less than 120k" (thanks Brian). I suppose that's when the dealer starts losing money. 126k is a really good deal already. Yum!!

I don't know but the CRF doesn't seem to sell nearly as well as the CBR when it came out - I guess Thais just aren't that into off road bikes?! Or they made much more? I see a couple of these standing around in nearly every dealership... definitely no shortages.

Heavy duty rear rack and skid plate/engine guard for crf honda 250. The skid plate is a little large for me and perhaps needs some more holes...looks like it is easy to modify.

where did you bolt in the bottom of the skid plate, looks to be no available holes.

Heavy duty rear rack and skid plate/engine guard for crf honda 250. The skid plate is a little large for me and perhaps needs some more holes...looks like it is easy to modify.

where did you bolt in the bottom of the skid plate, looks to be no available holes.

Use the 4 existing bolt holes (two in the front and two underneath) that the original skid plate uses. I never did drill any more holes...the engine doesn't appear to run hot. I did use pieces of old bicycle tubes to prevent engine vibration noise where metal meets metal. It was quite loud! Now it is ok ....an easy fix.

Use the 4 existing bolt holes (two in the front and two underneath) that the original skid plate uses. I never did drill any more holes...the engine doesn't appear to run hot. I did use pieces of old bicycle tubes to prevent engine vibration noise where metal meets metal. It was quite loud! Now it is ok ....an easy fix.

There is only 2 bolts at the front, no bolts under the original. The bottom of original slips into a slot.

There is only 2 bolts at the front, no bolts under the original. The bottom of original slips into a slot.

Sorrry...my bad...it has been a while since it was installed. There are two small brakets that come with the plate that mount to each side of the frame and holds the bottom secure.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

just got mine yesterday at Banchang Rayong. 125,000 baht. comes with rice cooker, electric fan, jacket, helmet, key chain, cable lock, hand bag. overall good quality. the only downside i see is the weight. I'm yet to see how it perform in technical trails.

IMG_0712.jpg

just got mine yesterday at Banchang Rayong. 125,000 baht. comes with rice cooker, electric fan, jacket, helmet, key chain, cable lock, hand bag. overall good quality. the only downside i see is the weight. I'm yet to see how it perform in technical trails.

IMG_0712.jpg

Where's the pictures of the rice cooker and electric fan?????

sent from my Q6

^

emailed them before and no reply ,the first thai that can make a decent website showing their stock and prices is sure to make a killing in bike parts

Dirtbikeshop in bkk the same completely useless website yet I have a feeling they have many parts for the crf it's just a matter of getting up to bangkpk

Most Thai's don't bother with decent websites for motorcycle parts because in each and every Owners' Club/Forum there are countless sub-forums and threads from suppliers who sell parts for just about all current bikes in Thailand.

There must be a Thai CRF forum, all you need to do when you find it is use whatever translating software (Google translate is my default) and Bob's your Uncle.

Just look for the now translated 'Classified section' and you should find countless parts for your ride smile.png

Karl smile.png

Edited by karlos

^

emailed them before and no reply ,the first thai that can make a decent website showing their stock and prices is sure to make a killing in bike parts

Dirtbikeshop in bkk the same completely useless website yet I have a feeling they have many parts for the crf it's just a matter of getting up to bangkpk

FWIW, Dirtshop seems to have loads of stuff - but I am yet to really go through their stock. They also have a CRF250L sitting next to the entrance on display - so I am guessing they would be able to sort you out! They may not be the cheapest, but I've found them to be very professional.

Also +1 on the forum advice from Karlos - definitely the way things work over here.

And, TaninThai - did you decide to keep the CRF - or are you still selling?

Yeah I'm keeping my bike till around march/April now

I now a few thai forums for the crf but I just find google translate not very affective think I will try a few emails tonight

The webboard on dirtbike shop seems to have pictures of many parts for the crf it's just trying to find out if they have them in stock ,

Thanks for replies

IMG_0712.jpg

I like the white much better than the red. First time I've seen it.

adventure touring screen...........189$

post-105817-0-41476800-1352555670_thumb.

anyone found 13 t sprocket in thailand for this bike yet and what about levers any recomendations.

Got a 13t and 45t from CMMX shop (Chiang Mai) took 2 days to get to Hua Hin via EMS. Websites not good, but just contacted via email and had a reply the next day. Note, I haven't put the sprokets on yet, so I hope they fit.

sent from my Q6

IMG_0716.jpg

thaicbr heres the picture of the freebies. cheap items i just gave to girl friend's mom

Edited by alco

anyone found 13 t sprocket in thailand for this bike yet and what about levers any recomendations.

Got a 13t and 45t from CMMX shop (Chiang Mai) took 2 days to get to Hua Hin via EMS. Websites not good, but just contacted via email and had a reply the next day. Note, I haven't put the sprokets on yet, so I hope they fit.

Great will contact them today did you get a nEw chain the old chain might be too short with the bigger rear sprocket,prices for sprockets?

sent from my Q6

IMG_0716.jpg

thaicbr heres the picture of the freebies. cheap items i just gave to girl friend's mom

it is better to use rice cooker as helmet as the helmet they throw is really looking dangerous.smile.png

good price though.

Edited by loserlazer

how long does it takes before you get the license plate. I thinking of buying one when I come back in two weeks, and wondering if it's possible to use it when I have to go on visa-run to phnom penh around a month after buying it. Can you take it out of country on red plates?

What is the service intervall on the bike, and what is the cost of the service? Do the honda-shops have any acessories for the bike?

Great will contact them today did you get a nEw chain the old chain might be too short with the bigger rear sprocket,prices for sprockets?

JT Brand sprockets, not sure how good they are:

13T - 390B

45T - 1690B

Yes, I will need to get another chain. CMMX would most likely sell them as well.

how long does it takes before you get the license plate. I thinking of buying one when I come back in two weeks, and wondering if it's possible to use it when I have to go on visa-run to phnom penh around a month after buying it. Can you take it out of country on red plates?

What is the service intervall on the bike, and what is the cost of the service? Do the honda-shops have any acessories for the bike?

I don't know where you live but here in Trat I finally got my plate today. Just about 4 months. I gather it's only a few weeks wait in BKK?

The service intervals are 1k km then around every 4k km. Here it's just an oil change and I get them to change the filtre too. Just pay for the price of the parts. I use Shell oil so it's just the filtre cost plus a tip at the Honda shop.

Maybe contact the forum sponsor Sumet Cycle for more information?

Edited by drift

sent from my Q6

IMG_0716.jpg

:cheesy: ...only in Thailand...

Thanks for the picture, too :D

where else would you get a rice cooker and some completely unrelated stuff with your motorbike? That said - the rice cooker and fan are definitely much more useful - and will see much more use - than the crap helmet (street value zero, at least it won't get stolen) and stylish "Honda" jacket that the dealers in Chiang Mai like to hand out.

sent from my Q6

IMG_0716.jpg

:cheesy: ...only in Thailand...

Thanks for the picture, too :D

where else would you get a rice cooker and some completely unrelated stuff with your motorbike? That said - the rice cooker and fan are definitely much more useful - and will see much more use - than the crap helmet (street value zero, at least it won't get stolen) and stylish "Honda" jacket that the dealers in Chiang Mai like to hand out.

Cute little bear:-)