Honda Crf 250L

RED21

My apologies if this has alrady been discussed....

Have any of the taller / heavier owners having any issues with the suspension and seat height? I am 6' 3" (190cm) and 95Kg (210 lbs) and love the look of the Honda. If weight is an issue, would basic modifications solve this?

I am 208 pounds and feel the suspension is a little too stiff, although other heavys said they tightened the rear shock. I hear there are adjustable shocks coming for this bike. You are so tall I cannot imagine having a problem not reaching the ground. I have very short legs so I lowered my Honda and absoluted love it even more! Again, I am not an accomplished off road rider so my impressions are just an opinion.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have any of the taller / heavier owners having any issues with the suspension and seat height? I am 6' 3" (190cm) and 95Kg (210 lbs) and love the look of the Honda. If weight is an issue, would basic modifications solve this?

I am 6' and 120k and the suspension is good for me as it is.

Measure your sag to be sure. You may be surprised how much better it is once adjusted properly. Factory set pre load is probably set for 70kg +/- 5 kg.

Lot's of info if you google "Rear suspension sag" or something similar.

I am 208 pounds and feel the suspension is a little too stiff, although other heavys said they tightened the rear shock. I hear there are adjustable shocks coming for this bike. You are so tall I cannot imagine having a problem not reaching the ground. I have very short legs so I lowered my Honda and absoluted love it even more! Again, I am not an accomplished off road rider so my impressions are just an opinion.

I am 6' and 120k and the suspension is good for me as it is.

Thanks Gents. That the suspension worries out of the way.

I heard mention that it feels uncomfortable to stand up on the bike for taller folk......... Anybody have any comments on that?

Local Honda dealer ordered today should be with me in 3 days

Judging by the price they gave me you must be able to get a whole complete set of plastics for around 4,000 bht

Just a note the price given to me is cost price the dealer hasn't added anything on.

Edited by taninthai

My bussiness starts up again in 6 weeks and runs through to march/April after this I am going back to uk for low season next year ,once bussiness starts again i have no time to ride the bike better to sell now than April.

Hi, Did you have a figure in mind for the bike ?

Cheers

Probably going to put it up at 120k has 2400 km on it and 8 months 1st class insurance location krabi

My bussiness starts up again in 6 weeks and runs through to march/April after this I am going back to uk for low season next year ,once bussiness starts again i have no time to ride the bike better to sell now than April.

Cheers

Probably going to put it up at 120k has 2400 km on it and 8 months 1st class insurance location krabi

No offence intended but for the extra 15000 Baht you would be a fool not to buy a new one. Good luck anyway thumbsup.gif

Cheers

No offence intended but for the extra 15000 Baht you would be a fool not to buy a new one. Good luck anyway thumbsup.gif

No worries I partly agree with you however it's not easy to find them at 135k and certainly within at least a 300 kilometre radius from me they are priced at 145k not in any rush to sell so will just see how it goes.

No worries I partly agree with you however it's not easy to find them at 135k and certainly within at least a 300 kilometre radius from me they are priced at 145k not in any rush to sell so will just see how it goes.

I asked yesterday at Mityon in Pattaya and was quoted 135K so im sure that all non-Mityons are much cheaper now-days....

As i no longer could get my hands on a GPX ZF250 i bought the Honda CRF250L today instead. A white/red/black. I love it. But i dont know why the hydraulic braking hose has to be so long. I have done 31Km hard breake-in according to http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm I REALLY, REALLY hope that this is not a hoax that will give me future problems with the engine. I paid 130,000b INCL ALL (tax, 1-year theft, registration, Number plate etc) at Bowin.

I hope to meet up with some of you fellow off-road bikers around Pattaya who might be able to show me some nice tracks around here...

11057715.jpg

11057564.jpg

Edited by TramsRepus

Not much use fitting an aftermarket ECU unless you change the exhaust and air filter.

Think you have this backward, should be: no use changing intake/exhaust flows unless you install an aftermarket (tuned) ECU.

Stock bikes are tuned lean for emissions compliance, NOT for peak performance. A properly modified ECU fuel map will make a LOT of difference all by itself...