Honda Crf 250L

RED21

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone found replacement adjustable rear shock or harder spring for us fatties?

Have you considered increasing the preload on the stock spring?

I did it to mine and it's much better. It isn't adjusted for fat westerners at the factory.....

Wow just had great service from dirtshop Bangkok ,emailed them yesterday morning got reply straight away,several more emails exchanged in the day . They posted my stuff 5pm yesterday and I just had a call from the depot that is 10 minutes from my house saying my stuff is there ready to collect.

690 bht for 1 litre of semi synthetic oil though not cheap but amazing delivery time,also got the 43 t rear sprocket really looking forward to getting it on and seeing the difference it makes.

Edited by taninthai

Ok got the rear sprocket on what a nightmare honda must have superman working at their factory,actually had to weld a bar across 2off the bolt heads to get them undone, i would advise you have aspare set of sprocket nuts and bolts at the ready.

Also have some new aggressive off road tyres fitted and dirtshop has some nice brake levers in clutch lever out of stock available in 1 month

post-105817-13537384391262_thumb.jpg

post-105817-13537384704001_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

Yeah nice price tag to match think it was 32,000 or 36,000 when I looked and that don't include postage or customs fee ,better to get the fmf which I think is available in Thailand ,yoshi also releasing one within a month

Yeah, prices are scary for sure...the Yoshi ones are the same site...one of them of over a $1,000...yikes shock1.gif

110-42b-5l50.jpg

GPR will have one soon. If the motocross CRF systems are anything to go by they will be in the range of:

Full system (currently only in Titanium) and deep tone compact muffler about 22,000-25,000.

Can aluminium oval about 15,000

Can oval SS with carbon pattern etched onto it and SS ends called a Poppy 17,000

Titanium oval 17,500

These are landed prices in Thailand.

They may even offer a double system?

11324d1352693268-crf-mods-improvements-grande_crf_250_2006_term.png

Edited by VocalNeal

The Honda CRF250L sucks as a enduro machine - it is heavily underpowered

It made it through and didnt get stuck what more do you want ,change the tyres and let some air out and it be even easier .

Is that even you and your bike or have just pasted someone elses video from you tube.

They may even offer a double system?

Kind of wonder what the benefit or drawbacks could be with a dbl system on a single cylinder.

http://www.thumperta...ssure-the-myth/

I have already seen one in Chiangmai

I don't know either.unsure.png

Here in LOS twice the bling must be better, they put 1000cc sized exhausts on PCX.clap2.gif As you say it is for aesthetics but if that is what one is into.

Sorry but that video was all about bad rider technique

Yep that's what I was thinking I'm no expert but to much sitting down at the start,a bit heavy handed with the throttle and picking bad lines through the rocks.

A pukka enduro machine is a world apart from a DP bike like the CRF 250L, and will leave your wallet a lot lighter. For people who want a bike for the road with some off road capability, bikes like the CRF 250L offer a good compromise.

that guy was trying to make the bike look bad ,he wasnt even trying to get up and few times he got out of the hole the front forks depressed

and he let it roll backwards into the hole again so he could spin the wheel for a while longer .....

also tyres looked inflated to highway pressure

put a decent rider on the bike and try again

Yep that's what I was thinking I'm no expert but to much sitting down at the start,a bit heavy handed with the throttle and picking bad lines through the rocks.

For sure it is a technical section shown,

But yes standing so you can move your weight where needed

& momentum/throttle control is all you have for a section like that.

Picking the best line & keeping on it.

Once stopped in a section like that even the best off road bike would not

have an easy time regaining momentum. It did not help that he refused to try & even get going but instead chose

the duck paddling with his shiny new boots & a heavy throttle with no clutch finesse.

Not surprised he constantly dug in.

But yes he was not an experienced rider that much was obvious & also yes a full blown dirt bike is

a better bike but in this riders hands it would make no difference what so ever.

Edited by mania

The CRF250L is certainly no Enduro bike - it is a Dual-Sport bike.......

Good rider or bad rider - the CRF"L" is never going to handle real enduro work - too heavy, too underpowered and too under equipped (suspension etc)...

But it is priced super well - and for that it is one of the best value-for-money buys in Thai IMHO :D

ok here is why i bought a crf .....the route to where i live its not a bad place......lol

sorry about the quality

pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gifCancel

You really became blur when you are fast taninthai!

You live in a perfect spot and ride the most reasonable bike for these conditions. Envy you.

One day i change my tires to cross ones and come and visit you man!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

^

the camera can't handle the speed of the bike...lol ,got to get myself a gopro camera that was just the iPhone strapped to the bike which suffers from to much vibration at speed though.

Today was my first ride with pure moto cross tyres and new 43t rear sprocket,with the new sprocket it much better on the trails when your pottering around in 1st and 2nd gear you don't seem to have to use the clutch as much to stop it stalling,the mx tyres well there not great on the road to get to the trails ,the rear is fine and bearable but the front just feels like it doesnt want to steer at all,obviously once you hit the dirt their fine.

^

the camera can't handle the speed of the bike...lol ,got to get myself a gopro camera that was just the iPhone strapped to the bike which suffers from to much vibration at speed though.

Today was my first ride with pure moto cross tyres and new 43t rear sprocket,with the new sprocket it much better on the trails when your pottering around in 1st and 2nd gear you don't seem to have to use the clutch as much to stop it stalling,the mx tyres well there not great on the road to get to the trails ,the rear is fine and bearable but the front just feels like it doesnt want to steer at all,obviously once you hit the dirt their fine.

Where is home? Looks lovely :)