Forget Gay Marriage; We've More Important Things To Do: Thai Opinion

webfact

Well, I know what I think is why. I doubt "all" think about it the same way though.

Of course not "all" think that way, thankfully.

please pray and say thank you to which ever god you pray to, that we do not all that think and act as one, could imagine what a nightmare the world would be if we all thought like Mr Alexakap

• Like 1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article reminds us that being "gay" in Thailand isn't as easy as it seems; however, I feel the acceptance of gay and "third gender" by Thai society is better than compared to Western societies that suffer from the Judeo- Christian condemnation of alternative life style.

• Like 1

...it's called honor killings, i guess!

Which killing? Do you spot the dead bodies somewhere near? What are you [continuously] talking about? angry.png

Dont act like an imbecile. Please. Be adult.

He's talking about the social acceptability in some Islamic cultures to murder children who do "shameful" sexual things, both gay and straight. This practice is itself shameful and totally unacceptable to civilized people.

What is "civilized people" in your terms? What way do you think you're better/higher/more advanced than those who not allow "shameful" sexual things"? Do you realize that the only animals will be forgiven to do everything they want at the time they want (so, in general terms - all of the liberacy\democracy is just the way back to anarchy and to animals there up on the trees)?

Ha-ha, now try to argue this. smile.png

I would try to...if it made any sense whatsoever!

Maybe google "anarchy" first (try to understand it), after that look up "democracy" or "liberacy" (or did you mean Liberace??)...and in the end, please enlighten us, <deleted> the animal kingdome has to do with that?!

Well, I know what I think is why. I doubt "all" think about it the same way though.

Of course not "all" think that way, thankfully.

please pray and say thank you to which ever god you pray to, that we do not all that think and act as one, could imagine what a nightmare the world would be if we all thought like Mr Alexakap

Well, you can always pick your friends and hell yes, that is a huge privilege among people who claim to be oh so tolerant (as long as their closest are not in the mix), religious fundamentalists who know better what's natural than the god himself they pray to, parents who cut ties with their children because they care more about their reputation than their kid's happiness. It's a cruel world.

• Like 1

After continuing to read this thread... no, Thailand is not that bad. It's funny to see how lesbian women are kinda overlooked in such debates... we all know why. wink.png

No we don't! At least I don't! (not flaming, just interested)

Homosexuality is common in the animal kingdom, it can serve two functions, as a form of bonding or to show dominance. In domestic animals it is often a displacement activity which can become habituated. Humans, who are domesticated hominids display all three forms of homosexuality but heterosexuals rarely spot the difference.

Many common pollutants particularly the phthallates are feminising hormone mimics http://www.ourstolen.../phthalates.htm

Expect to see the ladyboy population increase and young girls developing earlier. Also expect the male sperm count to continue to decrease.

very interesting reading, but it was last updated in 2006, is there anything more up to date.

An interesting question, and is related to the way anthropologists no longer discuss racial differences, it is not PC. Similarly, these plasticisers are everywhere, even in the Antarctic, the genie is out of the bottle and cannot be put back. It is not PC to create public alarm, look at the global warming fuss, so further research is mainly in science journals.

I have to say I thought the picture also disgusting, I'm not one of comment on these posts, but this happens to be a topic I'm quite interested in.

While I don't celebrate ignorance, I have yet to hear someone's comments that have convinced me that the act of homosexuallity has anything over heterosexuality where the benefit of nature is concerned, or is needed for any perpouse for the function of the live sycle.

It is my conclusion that it goes againsed the rays of nature and should be kept to the bare minimum. I do not think that when a bisexual person is concerned he should have the choice of choosing the same sex for a partner. I know of individuals who are not homosexual, but have had same sex partners because it can be seen as fashionable, I do not think it should be advertised a so on these accounts.

If it is not a mental disorder, what is it? My understanding is that it is to do with the a airia of the brain not firing in the right order and I stick with saying it is not in the right order,as every one knows a male a female ar the kee ingredients of reproduction. So it is to my believe that if some how there could me a way that we can correct the error in the homosexuals brain to function correctly so that the homosexual can live a happy life with a sexual partner of the opposite sex then that is the right way forward. Not to legalise same sex marriages and force hotel owners who believe it against there prinsables to support a mental mishap to take homosexuals in there hotels or companies to imploy homosexuals who where ladies clothes, but we should be trying to find a way to make homosexuals lives better by tryi g to find a way of correcting the mental disorder.

For that I don't support same sex marriages or rights and until someone can convince me otherwise I will do everything to I possibly can to stop it happening in my already crippling society.

Regards to all.

Homosexual sex acts don't result in reproduction.

Some homosexual and many bisexual people do reproduce, mostly lesbians.

Heterosexuals with infertile and post-menopausal partners also don't reproduce.

Heterosexual sex acts of oral and anal sex (etc.!) or using birth control also don't reproduce.

The vast majority of human sex acts do not result in reproduction.

Homosexuals have always been a part of human civilizations. They have had a historical tendency to be highly represented in the arts and spiritual life (not meaning that includes all of them). They have societal value, just not reproductive value.

Do you propose to deny marriage rights, housing rights, and employment rights to heterosexuals who are infertile, using birth control, decided to not reproduce, prefer oral and anal sex alongside the homosexuals?

Homosexuals are not the same thing as transgendered people. Some men you see in dresses may be regular male gendered homosexuals camping it up or they may have a female gender identity. Human sexuality is complex. It is not black and white. Perhaps ask them, they don't always bite.

Homosexuals cannot be cured, especially in men. Male sexuality is very different than female sexuality. Male sexual orientation is basically SET IN CEMENT and this starts early in life. Women's sexuality is MUCH MORE FLUID over life and situations (although that doesn't mean that many lesbians are not also firmly that way). Of course many homosexual men are pressured into straight marriages and some are physically capable of performing and having children, but that doesn't mean they are straight. Similar in a weird way to gay for pay gay sex, or situational prison gay sex, doesn't mean these actors are really gay.

It is also worth mentioning that there is a big societal and era factor in how minority sexualities are overtly expressed. For example, in some native American tribes if a man loved men this was supported socially to play the role of a woman and bond with a man. I reckon many such men who in modern times would just be a male identified gay man opted for the female role playing to satisfy their emotional needs to love a man and be socially accepted. They also played an important spiritual role in their tribes. Thousands of variations of course across cultures and history.

As many have noted correctly on thaivisa over time, the overt expression of Thai minority sexualities in Thailand in these times is culturally different than in today's west.

I consider fantastic's post a voice of ignorance, intolerance, and oppression.

Edited by Jingthing

Homosexual sex acts don't result in reproduction.

Some homosexual and many bisexual people do reproduce, mostly lesbians.

Heterosexuals with infertile, post-menopausal partners don't reproduce.

Heterosexual sex acts of oral and anal sex or using birth control also don't reproduce.

The vast majority of human sex acts do not result in reproduction.

Homosexuals have always been a part of human civilizations. They have had a historical tendency to be highly represented in the arts and spiritual life (not meaning that includes all of them). They have societal value, just not reproductive value.

Do you propose to deny marriage rights, housing rights, and employment rights to heterosexuals who are infertile, using birth control, decided to not reproduce, prefer oral and anal sex alongside the homosexuals?

Homosexuals are not the same thing as transgendered people. Some men you see dresses may be regular homosexuals camping it up or they may have a female gender identity. Human sexuality is complex. It is not black and white. Perhaps ask them, they don't always bite.

Homosexuals cannot be cured, especially in men. Male sexuality is very different than female sexuality. Male sexuality is basically SET IN CEMENT. Women's sexuality is MUCH MORE FLUID over life and situations. Of course many homosexual men are pressured into straight marriages and they perform and have children, but that doesn't mean they are straight.

Thank you for your comment. I do ask them, I have had some very inept conversations with some homosexuals. I am aware that not all homosexuals dress as ladies and act camp. Some very I have met some very tolerable homosexual people, injured there company very much and beleave there are many positively influential gay people, can't say that I'm very comfortable around can't people be them homosexual or strait, as for transsexuals 'won't tolerate them for the second in my presence.

I'm unaware that homosexuality is uncurabe, I will have do some research on it when I have the time, why is it uncurabe?

There are many complex issues that people say are uncurabe, but in time...we an even put a buggey on mars, people have had cancerous tumours the size of tennis balls cured my the power of the mind "plossibow effect being a notable study that have shown interesting and positive effects in such fields". I think this is where money and time would be spent.

Foreplay and oral sex' is part of the arousal proses that leads to vaginal penile intercourse, anal sex is intirlie unesasery, be it same sex or opposite sex and in opposite sexes is often unpleasant and selfish to one side (I use the word often and not always) where same sex intercourse is concerned with females, when they finish with the foreplay the to what, and don't say toys because if you like that sort of think why play with a toy when you can have the real thing?

Do I propose same treatment to infertile individuals? Yes! get them help and I thing it should be a aim to have it state funded as with the assistance as curing homosexuality.

Most heterosexual acts that I can think of are part of or lead up to the main sexual act thats natural purpose is to reproduce.

Contaceptives; I personally have never used them with my wife, but I don't condem them. Sexual intercourse is one off the most important parts of species serviceable and development, it is for that reason nature has mad it s desirable to most along with eating drinking and the disire to gasp for breath if supply of oxygen is restricted. The main diference is we don't need to restrict the supply of oxygen when we breath or we will not be as heathy or functional or simply die (eating disorders is a discretion for another day)

But when it comes to sexual intercourse, we can not socially cope with a excessive increase of the population but instead of completely suppress a natural act, restrict the unesasery outcome, again a very complicated issue that would take me much more time and space that a paragraph.

I don't think we should make homosexuals homeless, but if it is a disire for a land lord to not have homosexual acts carried out on his premises it should be granted and they should live (or stay where the issue of the hotel is concerned) in separate rooms or at least keep tha act that the act is going on to them selves with out advertising to futer prospect in any way.

The same for at work, it's important for all people capable of, to play there part in the sustainability of the society they which to liv in and be a part of, but keep it to your self, I don't won't to hear about it or even know about it and as long as my children and even dog are living in my house, I don't want them being influenced on the subject in social way until someone can show or at a bear minimum explain the necaserity of the act of homosexuality, that means I don't want any gay march in the sociaty I pay contributions to.

Separate rooms, huh?angry.png Imagine if a bigot said that about blacks or Jews these days. You think it is OK to say about gays; I say it is not OK.

OK, thank you for sharing your shockingly bigoted point of view. Just because you are a majority sexuality doesn't mean it is right for you to demean other people the way you do. Yes, you can, yes you might have the power, but there is a right and wrong in the world, and oppressing minorities is objectively wrong. Just as racists are now almost universally ridiculed, we can look forward to a day when anti-gay bigots are treated the same way. We aren't there yet, but in many countries, like the USA, there is good progress. Of course, in others like some in Africa, things are going backwards.

Edited by Jingthing

Thank you jingthing for you 4th paragraph, I have only just read it, it was very interesting to know that personally unknown fact, but never the less I don't see that is shows the benefit necessity of a homosexual role.

Has any one seen the film me and my self ขอให้รักจงเจริญ It is film about...if your interested watch it and you will see the plott, but it gives a example of how a homosexual cultural influence can be influential and harmful to heterosexual individuals.

Thank you jingthing for you 4th paragraph, I have only just read it, it was very interesting to know that personally unknown fact, but never the less I don't see that is shows the benefit necessity of a homosexual role.

Has any one seen the film me and my self ขอให้รักจงเจริญ It is film about...if your interested watch it and you will see the plott, but it gives a example of how a homosexual cultural influence can be influential and harmful to heterosexual individuals.

All kinds of people are potentially harmful to other kinds of people. You are now trying to demonize gay people and using some random D grade Thai movie as evidence? You're incredible. The obsession that some straight people have about gay people and the perceived threat they are to their world, now THAT is surely some kind of mental illness, don't you think? So you joined the forum today just to trash talk about gay people, did you? Color me skeptical.

No, I haven't watched the movie. I sampled it and no interest. If it happens to show gay people in a bad light, there is lots of media in Thailand that show gay people in a bad light. Is that news?

Edited by Jingthing

Separate rooms, huh?angry.png Imagine if a bigot said that about blacks or Jews these days. You think it is OK to say about gays; I say it is not OK.

OK, thank you for sharing your shockingly bigoted point of view. Just because you are a majority sexuality doesn't mean it is right for you to demean other people the way you do. Yes, you can, yes you might have the power, but there is a right and wrong in the world, and oppressing minorities is objectively wrong. Just as racists are now almost universally ridiculed, we can look forward to a day when anti-gay bigots are treated the same way. We aren't there yet, but in many countries, like the USA, there is good progress. Of course, in others like some in Africa, things are going backwards.

Coloure and race diference is part of nature that is beneficial to the individual to help deal with the climate and surroundings of the Geographical aria applicable.

I am yet to discover the relevant equation to homosexuality for it to be deemed a acceptable part in Thai sociaty and it is not part of history, I remember my uncle telling me the homosexual and ladyboy trend just came out of nowhere.

Coloure and race diference is part of nature that is beneficial to the individual to help deal with the climate and surroundings of the Geographical aria applicable.

I am yet to discover the relevant equation to homosexuality for it to be deemed a acceptable part in Thai sociaty and it is not part of history, I remember my uncle telling me the homosexual and ladyboy trend just came out of nowhere.

You are Thai?

I didn't just join, it's the only thing on this forum that I have found relevant to comment on.

I'm not trying to trash talk, I'm engaging in a debate, hoping to find someone who is for homosexuality to enlighten me, or challenge me with facts to support there argument if it can be scientific I will be very impressed if valid.

All the best to all.

I didn't just join, it's the only thing on this forum that I have found relevant to comment on.

I'm not trying to trash talk, I'm engaging in a debate, hoping to find someone who is for homosexuality to enlighten me, or challenge me with facts to support there argument if it can be scientific I will be very impressed if valid.

All the best to all.

OK. I don't believe you, so I've had enough. There is no way someone with your views will change their opinions. They are as set in cement as my faggotry. Good day.

People who support civil rights for gay people face endless enemies. I would bet the house you will always be that way, and your claim of being able to have your mind changed is completely disingenuous.

Maybe someone else more masochist than me (if that's possible) wants to play debate play with you.

Edited by Jingthing

All the best to all.

OK. I don't believe you, so I've had enough. There is no way someone with your views will change their opinions. They are as set in cement as my faggotry. Good day.

People who support civil rights for gay people face endless enemies. I would bet the house you will always be that way, and your claim of being able to have your mind changed is completely disingenuous.

Maybe someone else more masochist than me (if that's possible) wants to play debate play with you.

Jingthing, I have read all this thread, These 2 people posting are the most sick persons I have ever heard speak in public debate, These types are the ones who most of the world are wishing would fall off the edge of the earth, gay or straight. The first poster is a complete nut-selfish and total non tolerant to other people, and regarding his kids, he is not responsible enough to have any offspring. the second one is more refined about the subject, but equally off his trolly.

Put them in a gay venue and talk like this they would be stripped of their marbles. made me feel sick to listen to them. They have the right to their opinions BUT, fancy making complete fools of themselves.

I'm Thai English, mixed.

Joining the alexakap- fan club?

<deleted> is wrong with you people?

Do you need an explanation for everything, so you can accept different lifestyles?

Ok, since you seem to be (at least partly)Thai: I do not see the relevance in ANY spirit house being put up in front of any new building. As far as I am concerned there are much less scientific articles about spirits and ghosts (less their existence) than there are articles on how homosexuality "happens".

Still you bow to every spirit house you pass, to apeace some imaginary friends of yours.

Homosexuality can not be cured, because it is no sickness. You don't get infected by homosexuality. It is not some weired kind of mental disease, you can cure with cold water and electro- shocks (like the Nazis tried before they just killed "the homos"). You also do not choose to be gay...you just are!

So if you can accept a black guy (because he just IS, he did not choose)...why not a gay?

Sir, you are a hypocrit!

I'm Thai English, mixed.

That suprises me. Assuming that you grew up in Thailand, were you never aware that many Thais have a quite bigoted view of mixed-race children? Hard to believe that you would grow up to hold equally bigoted views of other minorities.

I'm Thai English, mixed.

That suprises me. Assuming that you grew up in Thailand, were you never aware that many Thais have a quite bigoted view of mixed-race children? Hard to believe that you would grow up to hold equally bigoted views of other minorities.

Maybe he's overcompensating.

I don't care unless they actively promote their way of life/their "prides" among me or my family. Usually I just ignore, but if they still act - I may espond...mmm....inadequately. Include physical abuse. 1zgarz5.gif

Most straight people that are comforatble with their sexuality could give rat's ass what other people want to do sexually with others of consenting age. People like you who are sooooo concerned about gay people seem to show an insecurity of their own sexuality.

I'm Thai English, mixed.

If you want surprises just google the thoughts of Chief Rabbi Jakobovits on homosexuals. We all travelled on the same train but apparently we're not equal...