Thai Navy Rescue 800 Live Dogs Destined For Indochina Meat Trade

webfact

What exactly do you want in respect to helping children?

What I would like is for spare money and volunteer time to be used in a useful way.

Not preserving the life of a dog that nobody needs or wants, and Thailand has many such dogs..

This is no excuse for turning your head away from brutal business which steals dogs from their home environments. They are not just 'strays', but in many cases family pets. In my village, every such "unwanted" dog has a regular food stop outside a shop, home, or restaurant/ food vendor, and I walk around in the evenings with food. The vet comes around once a year administering rabies shots. I have noticed in other towns in the region, dogs there also have their territories. The Soi Dog Foundation and Unidog Thailand are working hard to improve the situation, both from the ground up, and the government down.

You are welcome to help.

Edited by TechnikaIII

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And once the Navy has cleaned up Esarn, then I invite them to the sub-urbs of Pattaya where they shit and undig my entrance nightly. I am wiling to pay THB 100/canine if permanently banned - whereever that journey is taking them. It could easily kick THB 10'000 in someone's corner around here.

As long as Thais cannot get their stray dog problem under control, the Navy will be in big business. Feeding sick, stray dogs ........ creates more sick, stray dogs - simple as that!

Your ignorance is perhaps beyond help, but I will try. Is it ok for you if any animal is tortured then skinned alive, because it is supposed to make it taste better, and somehow the guy eating it, more of a 'man'?. Please take a moment to check my other posts with links. Clearly you have no idea what's going on.

• Like 1

'90 percent of thais should not be allowed a dog'

yes joecos, i agree 100 percent with this. in my village we have dogs so thin because of worms and others with no hair because of mange.

when i point out to the villagers that worm tablets at 20 baht a course or powder 35 baht will cure the mange, you can guess the answer................................................mai pen rai.

i will never understand thais and their supposed buddist ways. the neighbours dog was knocked down beside us. he was squashed all over the road. she just dragged the body to the side and threw it in the ditch. i was sickened. later i went and got the dog and buried him on my ground. the thai people in the village just laughed at me.

they just couldnt understand why i did it. heartless basterds

You are not alone. I feed dogs as much as I can reasonably afford, and to the amazement of locals, when I return from being away for any period, I am greeted warmly with tails wagging. But more than that, one person in my village actually emailed me to advise that a particular dog, one who had attached herself to me somewhat, had a serious eye infection. The lady took it upon herself to get medication and subsequently saved the eye. That dog will now often sit at her feet whilst she goes about her business as hair dresser in the village. Others take note. It is possible to bring about change.

The thousand mile journey begins with the first step. Don't lose heart. Message me if you like.

• Like 1

The last 1,000 dogs they saved, all starved to death.

I think better to kill humanely and eat, then allow to starve.

Please go yo soidog.org. There you will evidence of the tremendous kindness, compassion and expenditure undertaken to find homes for these dogs. Why don't you take 5 seconds to do the research before making a false statement?

Your comment is an insult to the Thai and foreign volunteers that worked to help these creatures.

IMHO the money would have been better spent helping children in some way.

You know nothing, so learn something or maybe better if you leave the room. If you can't help, don't stand in the way. Get the point? Check out the links in my other posts. I don't want to waste time and server space repeating everything.

If anybody has a phone # for these guys that haul dogs to Loa or cambodia. Please publish it, or let them know in the Kleang district south of Rayong there are thousands of dogs roaming the roads. Come and get them please, I would rather them go to a dinner plate rather than greased on the roads, starving to death eating whatever from trash cans, or me end up in the hospital because I hit one on my motorcycle.

For all you people that think eating dogs is the most inhumane thing that ever happened, is all I can say is, take a good hard look at how these dogs live. Then you might have a change of mind., Until there is a program to controle the population, this seems to be a good way to deal with things.

There are programs to help control the numbers. You can contribute, and help the program grow.

Contact http://www.facebook.com/unidog and http://www.facebook.com/SoiDogPageInEnglish

Thanks ;-)

This trade disgusts me. Is this trade legal or not? Only yesterday a dog van came through my village. Nothing unusual in that. In the 17 years since I had this house built they have passed down my quiet rural lane at least once a week. What is to be done?

"In the 17 years since I had this house built they have passed down my quiet rural lane at least once a week."

Why is this a problem for you? Besides, they were there before you.

"What is to be done?" Nothing .. except perhaps you can sign the petition to stop the brutal slaughter and skinning alive of such inhabitants, ...if that bothers such a wealthy settler as yourself.

http://www.soidog.org/en/you-can-help-stop-the-dog-meat-trade/

Those truckers can come down my Soi anytime. I'd round up of a few of my Thai neighbour's (3 am) barking dogs. The brutes are especially vicious after dark. A friend was recently bitten by a local mutt, with a foaming mouth. He is a Pro Deep Sea Diver on Offshore Oil Rigs; so he had to get the painful rabies shots. He could not take a chance of contracting the disease and jeorpidizing the income from his job. now he carries a thin bamboo cane when exercising on his Bicycle.

Those who think its ok to eat dogmeat might want to find out how the dogs are treated before they are killed. I am not opposed to eating dogs, I eat pigs, not a whole lot of difference, but I am opposed to the inhumane treatment and cruelty towards animals that occurs in these cases.

Spot on.

Also where do these dogs come from? I seem to remember a case a couple of months ago where people were coming to try to find their dogs and one young girl did find hers. I get the impression a lot of these are stolen and i know my gf is worried about her dogs. One of her relatives lost their young daughter's dog at about the time the truck came round collecting dogs. I'm still waiting to find out if they got it back.

I used to work with a Chinese girl who said " it's meat the same as cow or pig or any other animal". Her argument didn't seem so sound when I asked if she'd eat human meat.

• Like 1

What I would like is for spare money and volunteer time to be used in a useful way.

Not preserving the life of a dog that nobody needs or wants, and Thailand has many such dogs..

If the dogs are stolen then they are clearly not dogs 'that nobody wants' - and besides often dogs can be relocated with people that want them. That is what rescue foundations is about.

• Like 1

If the dogs are stolen then they are clearly not dogs 'that nobody wants' - and besides often dogs can be relocated with people that want them. That is what rescue foundations is about.

Dogs are a national disease in Thailand.

Running around the roads a danger to motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians. Barking all day and all night.

What Thailand needs is a lot less loose dogs, the numbers being reduced by any means available (not relocation that just moves the problem).

Edited by ludditeman

Dogs are a national disease in Thailand.

Running around the roads a danger to motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians. Barking all day and all night.

What Thailand needs is a lot less loose dogs, the numbers being reduced by any means available (not relocation that just moves the problem).

Dogs are not the issue - people is.

Before you come to that understanding you can never comprehend what needs to be done.

Edited by TAWP
  • Like 2

Before you come to that understanding you can never comprehend what needs to be done.

I understand completely, but people can't be changed or disposed of, dogs can.

Foreigner 'nut jobs' feeding and encouraging street dogs, without removing the dogs from the streets, just make the situation worse.

After living here, in Thailand for a while, I have come to conclude the only good dog is a dead dog.

Edited by ludditeman

Foreigner 'nut jobs' feeding and encouraging street dogs, without removing the dogs from the streets, just make the situation worse.

Only a 'nut job' would think foreigners are here feeding and encouraging street dogs. Some work in dog shelters, actively taking the dogs out of communities that don't want them, vaccinate them, sterilize and offer the healthy up for adoption to responsible new owners. Others adopt them and take care of them with love and respect.

Then we have the third kind that can offer very little but hate and resentment. Whatever makes you feel better in your heart.

To the article in your link: Not one single word about the issue of cruelty and the way they are slaughtered, which begins with them being hung up with wire or meat hook through the face and skinned alive. They, the dog eaters can live with this? The Thais selling and transporting them can live with this? Frankly I wish everyone in the business, together with the dog eaters to die of rabies. To Hell with them.

To the article in your link: Not one single word about the issue of cruelty and the way they are slaughtered, which begins with them being hung up with wire or meat hook through the face and skinned alive. They, the dog eaters can live with this? The Thais selling and transporting them can live with this? Frankly I wish everyone in the business, together with the dog eaters to die of rabies. To Hell with them.

When I bought a fish at my local market it was alive, the woman gutted it and cut it's fins off while it was still alive. She hit it on the head to kill it, at home it was still flopping around. I still ate it. I don't care all that much about what happens to my food before I eat it. I don't care if the chickens are reared in cages where they can't move their wirngs, I don't care if pigs live in filthy conditions. I am squeamish about the treatment of animals, but i's not really important to me, and what I don't see, I don't care about.

What I care about (and almost everyone else cares about) is how much the dead flesh costs me. Cheaper is better.

Dogs don't deserve any better than fish, chickens, pigs, cows, etc.

What's the differance between eating dog, goat, sheep, chicken, cattle.? All can carry disease and should be raised in healthy humane conditions but why are dogs seen as taboo?

There is a lot of difference between the way animals are bread and slaughtered in civilised countries, and the routine torture that the dogs are submitted to before they are skinned alive? .. because it makes them "taste better" and somehow the man who eats a dog who has suffered becomes more of a man. You know nothing. Go back to some of my previous threads and check the links. Obviously you've just breezed over everything. And besides, many of these dogs have been snatched from streets where they have a life which is not as bad as strays in Western countries. People leave food out for them. I know. I see it, and I participate in the care of several, and have even got a few local towns folk on board doing the same. A vet comes around out town once a year to give rabies shots. I and a few Thais are pitching in for shots for fleas and ticks.

Beyond that, you can not possibly compare the mentality of a chicken with the complexity and intelligence of a dog, any dog. Guard dogs, seeing eye dogs, police dogs, whatever .. simply family pets, and those who take care of elderly and handicapped folk.

Further, the dogs around town are damned good rat catchers. So remove all the so-called street dogs from Thailand, and you will see a rat plague like no other.

Beyond that, you can not possibly compare the mentality of a chicken with the complexity and intelligence of a dog, any dog. Guard dogs, seeing eye dogs, police dogs, whatever .. simply family pets, and those who take care of elderly and handicapped folk.

Further, the dogs around town are damned good rat catchers. So remove all the so-called street dogs from Thailand, and you will see a rat plague like no other.

Have you ever had a chicken as a pet?

The best pets ever. When did your dog last lay an egg for you? You argue from ignorance.

Street dogs are no better than the rats you want killed.

Rats don't bark all day and all night.

Rats don't chase me and bite me in the street as I walk past.

I prefer rats to dogs any day of the week.

Edited by ludditeman

Have you ever had a chicken as a pet?

The best pets ever. When did your dog last lay an egg for you? You argue from ignorance.

Street dogs are no better than the rats you want killed.

Rats don't bark all day and all night.

Rats don't chase me and bite me in the street as I walk past.

I prefer rats to dogs any day of the week.

As I have no emotional band to you or your family nor have either of you ever done anything is impressive as laid an egg for me, I am sure you can see the benefit for me and my family if I were to kidnap either of you and eat you?

Now - who was arguing from the angle of ignorance?

As I have no emotional band to you or your family nor have either of you ever done anything is impressive as laid an egg for me, I am sure you can see the benefit for me and my family if I were to kidnap either of you and eat you?

Now - who was arguing from the angle of ignorance?

People have intrinsic worth, animals don't.

Sadly, you don't seem to understand that.

Sitting in a coffee bar earlier this week, a rat popped out next to us.

It was much less trouble than a dog doing the same thing, and quite cute too.

Edited by ludditeman

Why did they stop them???? Those street dogs should be eliminate , i have been bitten twice , and if the Thai authorities are not willing of doing something to solve that problem , well at least they should not stop these guys from selling those dogs to the vitnameseclosedeyes.gif

maybe if you were on the truck--we don't stop it. Look at them dogs most were NOT street dogs. get real, your is the inhumane way out. Prevention is the theme, Thailand wake up, get legislation sorted - when they sort the dogs out, vetted homes can be sought, some could be trained as sniffers, some for the blind, etc., the old and diseased should be put down. The old answer to all this (mans best friend) you not have a chicken or most other animals sleep near your feet.

hahahahhahahahhahahhahahahaha.

After living here, in Thailand for a while, I have come to conclude the only good dog is a dead dog.

It's time you left. The sickness is your attitude. The Soi Dog Foundation, and Unidog, among others, and thousands of individuals are working to improve the situation. Perhaps the only thing to change your mind might be to be hung up by a meat hook through the face, then skinned alive. Although I can't imagine it making you taste any better.

Before you leave, perhaps you send a message to the KIng of Thailand and tell him, as you say "... the only good dog is a dead dog" Thousands of the dogs trucked off are stolen pets, just for your information.

Why did they stop them???? Those street dogs should be eliminate , i have been bitten twice , and if the Thai authorities are not willing of doing something to solve that problem , well at least they should not stop these guys from selling those dogs to the vitnameseclosedeyes.gif

maybe if you were on the truck--we don't stop it. Look at them dogs most were NOT street dogs. get real, your is the inhumane way out. Prevention is the theme, Thailand wake up, get legislation sorted - when they sort the dogs out, vetted homes can be sought, some could be trained as sniffers, some for the blind, etc., the old and diseased should be put down. The old answer to all this (mans best friend) you not have a chicken or most other animals sleep near your feet.

hahahahhahahahhahahhahahahaha.

> "hahahahhahahahhahahhahahahaha" You too need a meat hook through the face then skinned a live. Perhaps that would change the tone of your laughter.

It's time you left. The sickness is your attitude. The Soi Dog Foundation, and Unidog, among others, and thousands of individuals are working to improve the situation. Perhaps the only thing to change your mind might be to be hung up by a meat hook through the face, then skinned alive. Although I can't imagine it making you taste any better.

The number of people sharing the same delusion, doesn't justify the delusion.

In my soy, my 3 Thai neighbours own about 10 dogs between them.

During the day, the dogs are all left along, they howl and bark a lot.

This is the way Thais look after their dogs, rehousing them does not improve the situation, killing them does.

If anybody has a phone # for these guys that haul dogs to Loa or cambodia. Please publish it, or let them know in the Kleang district south of Rayong there are thousands of dogs roaming the roads. Come and get them please, I would rather them go to a dinner plate rather than greased on the roads, starving to death eating whatever from trash cans, or me end up in the hospital because I hit one on my motorcycle.

For all you people that think eating dogs is the most inhumane thing that ever happened, is all I can say is, take a good hard look at how these dogs live. Then you might have a change of mind., Until there is a program to controle the population, this seems to be a good way to deal with things.

The eating of the dogs isn`t the inhumane part, it`s the cruel way in which they are put to death.

Enlighten me on that. I have no idea how these dogs are put to death. Do you? Is any other way than any other live stock is put to death?