Much To Do In Khon Kaen For A One Year Old?

downtown

Really? If you were in London/New York/Reyjavik what would you find for a 1 YO to do? They eat, drink, make a mess, sleep & bugger all else.

Take pictures of him/her outside the uni waiting for the short-skirted girls to come out of class - that way you don't get hit for looking.

I'm sure s/he would be ecstatic to go to the dinosaur museums. S/he can sleep there as well as anywhere else.

i thought this was thai visa, not TD

You are correct, it is Thai Visa. That is why I took the time and answered as politely as I could given the subject matter (always touchy when talking about your own family). I guess you didn't like my advise, sorry about that.

I thought that MeMock's replies above were a little insensitive and unnecessary.

Between Khon Kaen is the Ubolrat Dam and reservoir. I'm sure a one year old will be more than excited with the scenic splendour of the lake as the topography rises up to the hills overlooking Nong Bua Lamphu. There is also a hydro-electric museum on the north shore which my 14 month-old is fascinated by.

I am attending some Nuclear Physics seminars at the Khon Kaen University in which I'm sure any one year old would eagerly participate.

There are numerous Karaoke establishments in town where we as a family all go, but I'm not sure about the diaper-changing facilities.

Have fun.

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 1

I know this sounds sarcastic but...........there is nothing much to do in KK for a 1 year old or for a 10 year old or for a 50 year old. ha ha Its a boring place in my opinion and I spent lots of time there quite a few years ago.jap.gif

Downtown,

In reading your post one could ask whether you are talking about limitations of interests / sights / activities for:

- a one-year old child

- a couple with a one-year old child in tow

One possible solution for both/either would be to engage a young Thai as a full-time traveling baby sitter. Thais are great with kids and kids seem to like the attention.

All involved will likely benefit from the experience.

I know this sounds sarcastic but...........there is nothing much to do in KK for a 1 year old or for a 10 year old or for a 50 year old. ha ha Its a boring place in my opinion and I spent lots of time there quite a few years ago.jap.gif

me too, booooriing giggle.gif