Internet Banking With Bangkok Bank

Hello.

I made an internet banking application when i opened a new account at Bangkok Bank in Bangkok (main sukumvit branch). I had a toursit visa then and a copy of a contract to buy a condo. All seemed in order. ( i now have a non O visa, but am out of the country and need to get the internet banking facility working asap) )

I was advised that a user name would be emailed to me and a letter sent in the post with my pin number.

Neither of these two things happened.

So out of the country i rang the BB and was told to contact the branch which opened my account for an explanation why the internet banking application was not allowed.

I rang and it was impossible because the branch doesnt have an english message system so dead end.

Can anyone assist with this problem please ??

I opened an account with them in Pattaya between Xmas and New year. Allowing for the holidays, the email arrived on time, but I'm still waiting for the letter. Do I start to blame the bank or the postal system?

My letter took over a month. They told me it would take longer. I think as expected. Your letter will still probably come.

Bangkok Bank, VP. Bangkok Bank Head Office Product Department has a 'western' staff member who would be happy to receive questions or complaints from club members. Karen Campbell (Executive Vice President). 022 301 185 (//removed//)

Edited by Tywais
E-mail removed as per forum rules

Not to steer this thread in a different direction but anybody know how tight BKK is about setting up a farang account here. I never know what Visa I am going to be on and at present just on the 30-day and then will get another marriage 30-days extension. My passport is full of all sorts of EDU & tourist & Marriage visa extensions.

Also does it matter if I open a joint account with my wife?

I wonder if/when Bangkok Bank will ever do as they do in America and SIMPLY transfer AUTOMACALLY deposits from ones savings account to ones debit account. I guess it's asking/expecting too much to simplify the banking fiasco.

There already exists a service to automatically transfer funds from a savings account to an overdrawn current account. Needs to be established at your home branch. You can also have your credit cards cleared on due to date to a nominated account.

Not to steer this thread in a different direction but anybody know how tight BKK is about setting up a farang account here. I never know what Visa I am going to be on and at present just on the 30-day and then will get another marriage 30-days extension. My passport is full of all sorts of EDU & tourist & Marriage visa extensions.

Provisions in place to open accounts with the visa you describe. Refer attached link

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Foreign%20Customers/Pages/Opening%20an%20account%20new.aspx

Provisions in place to open accounts with the visa you describe. Refer attached link

http://www.bangkokba...ount%20new.aspx

That was easy .. THANKS

I also went to the head office last month to set up internet banking and a LTF account. Had the email but no letter, also set up a direct debit from my savings account to the LTF , but no money has ever been transfered. I find calling the hotline hard work so am gonna have to visit the bank again.

Edited by Bangkokhatter

I also went to the head office last month to set up internet banking and a LTF account. Had the email but no letter, also set up a direct debit from my savings account to the LTF , but no money has ever been transfered. I find calling the hotline hard work so am gonna have to visit the bank again.

If you wish to PM me I will investigate for you.

Dave