Jet Airways To Uk

Tropicalevo

I have just booked "her indoors" to go to London for the Olypics this year via Jet Airways.

They are usually pretty good and offer a reasonable price for 'high' season.

On the web-site today amazing value for July/August. BKK to LHR return 22,xxx baht.

7 attempts to book it - 'system error, please try again'. Tried different dates etc , still no luck.

Eventually tried the next higher ticket price - no problem. Flight booked, 36,xxx baht.

Moral of the story. If it looks too good to be true, it usually is! If anyone actually gets the lower price in that time period, well done (and do not tell me.)

I've flown that route with Jet three times. Always booked online and always got the price advertised, but never as low as 22K (and not as high as 30K). I've found both Jet and Kingfisher good value, but make sure the layover in Mumbai isn't too long.

OK the site was jammed & kept timing-out, and I had mega-problems the first day paying with MasterCard (only resolved by a 30+ minute phone-call to the UK), and the popular dates/connections had sold-out by the end of the Sale.

All rather reminiscent of trying to book when there's an Air-Asia sale on ! mad.gif

But I still managed to get 3 return-tickets BKK-LHR-BKK, for different dates, at only B22,890 each fully-inclusive.

Must remember not to tell anyone, wouldn't want to upset them, or anything !cool.png

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

Got the lower price, but similar Mastercard issues for me as well. I purchased on Saturday, so maybe they have removed the "web special" items from sale, but left them on the front end. A little "tricky" of them, but they aren't allowing you to buy them, so they aren't selling them, so no mis-selling. Further to this they are an Indian company, chasing them through the Indian courts would be about as successful as if it were a Thai company in Thailand (aka Teflon) so they can do what they want with their pricing.