Thai Govt In Damage Control On Terror

webfact

In my view, the question is simply who do you trust more the US government or the Thai government?

For comparison look at the electrical shield/guard off of the hand railing for the pedestrian overpass across the road separating the two halves of the US embassy complex in Bangkok - It is the only one I have seen in Thailand and then ask again, who do you trust more? ph34r.png - of course there could be other motives a foot as well.

Easy question.

I came to Thailand, i like it here. Thats the answer.

I don't need the US government.

So have you considered renouncing your citizenship?

Odd question, what has my citizenship to do with it?

If a foreign place doesn't suits my needs and likes i am not really in the position to demand a change that its done like is it done.back home, but rather should go just back home or looking for another place.

• Like 1

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in this article does it say "Just ignore the terrorist warnings issued by several countries" If this quote is not in the article here not why does my e-mail say this? Can someone help me out here. Is this Quote correct? Was it said? When and where?

Thanks

I told already that whatever comes out of the mouth of this Chalerm is questionable and should be believed with the highest suspicion and reservation. This sort of Shinawatra populism (to which we are all getting used) is not going to work this time: not with the Thais and surely not with the farangs. Yingluck, you can make yourself stories of whatever kind you want but I can tell you that what the others are saying (Embassies) is 10 times more worth to be believed. History has a long memory, maybe Thais not... Have the flood waters already dried up everywhere???

Edited by dude007

Here's an idea America: try minding your own business and stop pissing on the rest of the world.

Yes, SHAME on them, for putting a warning out the their citizens!

I'm not sure you understand the role of a countries embassy.

• Like 1

How far away does one have to get to truly get away from the American non-sense that constantly flows out of the government? Sorry, but meaningless scare tactics don't impress me. Furthermore, if two people can stimulate a panic without even doing anything, then the so-called bad guys win, period.

In addition, this 'cry wolf' crap is really getting old. Here's an idea America: try minding your own business and stop pissing on the rest of the world. See how that works instead of the normal gospel-spreading course, please.

The American administration is issuing a warning to its citizens, period.

It is minding its own business, period.

So either you're an American citizen and it's just your decision to care or not, either you're not and then you're not minding your own business.

Edited by Mitker
  • Like 2

How far away does one have to get to truly get away from the American non-sense that constantly flows out of the government? Sorry, but meaningless scare tactics don't impress me. Furthermore, if two people can stimulate a panic without even doing anything, then the so-called bad guys win, period.

In addition, this 'cry wolf' crap is really getting old. Here's an idea America: try minding your own business and stop pissing on the rest of the world. See how that works instead of the normal gospel-spreading course, please.

ABSOLUTELY agree with every word here - only one thing PLEASE... do not call the USA America. My friends in Brasil and Colombia hate it...so do the other Americans - South America is America too...so is Canada, even if it is a Part of the USA

Hope the USAmerican authorities are not to pi...d too much about the ThaiGovernment officials and proving them wrong with all the power they have, would not be the first time.

• Like 1

I love the juxtaposition of these ThaiVisa news headlines today:

Deputy PM: "Just ignore the terrorist warnings issued by several countries"

Thai govt in damage control on terror

VS.

Thailand hunting Hezbollah operatives planning terror attacks against Jews, Israelis

Thai Police Find Explosive Chemicals Linked To Terror Plot

Thai Tourism sector intensifies security measures

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I am already bored of the Thai government who wants to keep everything secret. As an American we constantly had terrorist threats in the past. Nothing new. I would become a little more aware as the propaganda taught us to be. If a terrorist knows of the warning (which I'm sure they did) it plays a role in psychological warfare against them. Instead of being slightly paranoid people are watching them. There ARE people with APB's looking out for them. This works because of social media. Any one of us could have seen suspicious activity and possibly prevented a real attack from occurring .

Some real babies in here. All america did was issue a warning. Compared to all the terrible things that happen in the world everyday in every country, this is nothing.

Relax

How typical of some superior farang races to do and say as they like, without thought and consideration. One of the issues here is that the embassy issued a warning WITHOUT first consulting / informing the Government of the country concerned. It smacks of arrogance.

It smacks of doing their job, caring about their own citizens first.

"Caring about their own citizens first"

Exactly!! But look what this attitude has done to the rest of the citizens of the world. All of us are paying the price for such arrogance.

Has the Thai Government produced a photo of this "Hezbollah terrorist"? All I have seen online is a grainy passport scan from some Middle East online news source. Surprising in that the Thai Police usually parade suspects in front of the media and/or have someone pointing a finger.

It is not so hard to understand if looked at....

If your country is dependent to some degree for income via tourism....Then some

declaration is made that impacts that income without enough facts based in reality...

Well you too may be scrambling to clear up the misconception that is causing a loss of income.

Think not?

Lets say someone calls in your name, or your banks name or your employers name in to X authorities saying they know it is linked to terror & are plotting something.....

Now your government shuts your bank accounts, ATM's, job,bank, business etc. Until they can suss out if it is true.

You meanwhile are fine with that temporary loss of income because better safe than sorry?

Or instead would you be upset that they did not have more concrete info/facts nor did they ever contact you first to

ask any questions?

Yeah it cuts both ways

Of course everyone likes to be safe & wants warnings of impending doom.

But at the same time have some facts & proofs before causing others grief/loss of income & yes even causing yourself

loss of credibility.

How many *possible* attacks have been reported in the last year?

If & when one actually occurs there sadly will be many who think it is another false alarm

Precisely! That's why I mentioned the Cry Wolf bit. A couple of potentially shady characters being seen in Thailand does not justify putting out a worldwide news feed (and it is know far and wide already) making Thailand look unsafe for Americans.

Legitimate warnings, if truly a REAL threat exists, are one thing. This is more hokum and I find it interesting that this comes shortly after our Few and Proud did their childish act. Could this be some sort of sick misdirecting to try and justify the Marines not taking the moral high ground and simply showing at least some discression instead of this moronic eye for an eye, they did worst to us mentality. I wish the World Police would stay home. Lord knows they've got enough of a problem on their own soil.

How do you know that this warning was related to the two individuals that the Thai picked up, or they were the only two individuals involved?

As far your claim goes that "Legitimate warnings, if truly a REAL threat exists, are one thing" is a transparent lie. You would ream out the Americans over any waning they issued regardless. Then if no attack occurs you will take it as evidence that the Americans were crying wolf, and if one does occur you'll claim it to be a false flag operation that the Americans conducted themselves, or point out that it never would have happened if Americans weren't such horrible people..

ABSOLUTELY agree with every word here - only one thing PLEASE... do not call the USA America. My friends in Brasil and Colombia hate it...so do the other Americans - South America is America too...so is Canada, even if it is a Part of the USA

Hope the USAmerican authorities are not to pi...d too much about the ThaiGovernment officials and proving them wrong with all the power they have, would not be the first time.

Definition of AMERICAN

:
an American Indian of North
or South America

:
a native or inhabitant of North America or South America

:
a citizen of the United States

No terrorists attacks here, Good job by the Thai authorities.

The alarmist warning by the embassy was unnecessary but without that we would never became aware of these things the the Thai authorities do for us.

But then again http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Police-raided-a-building-in-Samut-Sakhon-in-connec-30173825.html police raid but govt say OK?

I for one welcome any warning wether it be bad storms, terrorist threats , rip off tuk tuk drivers. Unfortunatly wherever we choose to live there will always be a threat and lets face it if your a Brit or Yank we have many enemies from around the middle east. regardless of what the deputy PM states I for one will heed the American warning .

Thailand have embassies worldwide including in the USA. They are free to put out any message to their Thai citizens that they choose to. What would a host nation look like trying to stop them from speaking with or trying to protect their own countrymen. Imagine the American government trying to dictate to the Thai embassy in New York, what they can or can not post on there website to there countrymen.

• Like 1

Definition of AMERICAN

:
an American Indian of North
or South America

:
a native or inhabitant of North America or South America

:
a citizen of the United States

I've noticed that when I call Canadians "Americans" they don't like it. In fact it's a sure fire way to trigger a series of anti-American rants.

Children doing adult jobs. Chalerm is way, way out of his depth. I am afraid to say so is Yingluck. Though I was willing to give this administration a chance, they have proven themselves to be fabulously incompetent, in dealing with nearly anything they have commented on, or dealt with, since taking office. Feels like a bunch of school children trying to do adult jobs. Nothing they do or say can be trusted anymore. What will happen if the flooding arrives this year, and everyone, including the multi national companies that suffered billions of dollars in damage, see that nothing has been done in the way of a long term plan, to address this enormous problem, that is potentially devastating to Thailand's economy, in the long term?

• Like 1

"Following the mobile meeting, Yingluck pledged to ensure safety for the tourism industry and foreign visitors. She said the police, military and National Security Council were working around the clock to foil any terrorist plots.

We feel safe now and will invest all our money in LOS................. jap.gif

I'm not one to defend the US but I can say I trust the US more than this Thai Government hands down when it comes to this type of alert. If this alert was for the US I would whole heartedly agree with your statement. I hope you are right!

• Like 2

And you will be first in line crying "America, how could you let this happen to us." when your spineless bureacracy is targeted for no apparent reason. Here's another idea. Notify the Americans who you are and where you live and instruct them to stay away from your country in general and to not protect your family in particular. Perhaps, they will oblige.

Here in Thailand the Thais call the USA -- America. To communicate with Thais, say America. In Ecuador, say Estados Unidos or the United States. My preference is just U.S.

Tell that to the people that were killed in the Bali bombing -