Yet Another Weather Thread!

It's raning off and on here, heavy, then light, then nothing. Wind seems to come and go too. The sky is a nasty shade of grey and I've got the lights on inside. Is there any news on the weather? I heard on the news that Had Yai was flooded again as of this morning. Got no idea the direction the weather is going right now.

St Josephs were telling all the students that there was going to be another lot of flooding last week, but that doesn't seem to have happened. Not very responsible of the teachers to get the kids all worked up if you ask me.

Hi,

I'll be going to Samui next week. Looks like the wet weather condition has prolonged. So during this raining period, do the shops/markets in Chaweng area still open for business (especially after the flood).

Btw, which part of the day does the rain usually come.

Cheers.

Mother Nature shows her fury in 3 Pattani districts

The Nation

Published on Dec 02 , 2005

Three districts in Pattani province were declared natural-disaster zones yesterday after flash floods inundated almost 2,000 homes on Thursday night, a local official said yesterday. Continuous heavy downpours on Thursday caused flash-floods from Sai Khao and Sankalakiri mountains, culminating in 222 millimetres of rainwater in some areas on Thursday night.

Officials said 1,714 homes and 500 rai of farmland were inundated, affecting over 6,000 people.

Pinyo Pannui, an official at the provincial Disaster Prevention and Mitigation office, said Khok Pho, Nong Chik and Muang districts had been declared natural-disaster zones and would be eligible for disaster-relief funds. He said the Pattani River was on the verge of overflowing its banks yesterday and waterside houses would probably become flooded if the rains continued.

Meanwhile Deputy Prime Minister Suchai Charoenratanakul visited Koh Samui yesterday to try and prevent a third round of flooding on the Surat Thani resort island. He said December was the high season and Samui was currently hosting 20,000 tourists.

Low-lying areas in Surat Thani province's districts of Chai Buri, Phrasaeng, Wiang Sa, Ban Na San and Khian Sa remain flooded as the rains continue. The Ta Pi River rose to 5.7 metres at noon yesterday, said provincial weather forecaster Surachai Rattanarangsan.

The Meteorological Department issued a warning of possible heavy to torrential rain in the South until Sunday. As the low pressure remains over Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat, Krabi, Trang and Satun provinces, the weather bureau urged residents to watch for flash-floods and overflows.

Winds on the Gulf of Thailand have strengthened and caused waves two to three metres high. Fishermen have been warned to be cautious, and small boats should not venture out until Thursday, the report said.

Mother Nature shows her fury in 3 Pattani districts

The Nation

Published on Dec 02 , 2005

Winds on the Gulf of Thailand have strengthened and caused waves two to three metres high. Fishermen have been warned to be cautious, and small boats should not venture out until Thursday, the report said.

really, looks like a lake from my viewpoint!

how are the roads on samui? i'm planing to cove over this afternoon, should i bring my scuba gear?

Well I have just got into the office after a nightmare morning in Lamai. Bike cut out just after the temple (near Scooter bar) as the water is waist high there. The to top it off some idiot came through so fast they knocked us over and smashed my mirror :o

So after fixing that, then doing some off road manouvers to get up to Chaweng, all is fine - funny, everywhere else was fine, not too much water. Just that one bit in Lamai

It's been pissing down here for 2 weeks solid and I'm now getting seriously cranky and depressed.

Maybe I should post some cranky comments somewhere...  :o

there are many girls in lamai and chaweng that can probably help ease your pain!

Well im cranky too, but im a girl, what do you suggest I do?

Retail therapy always works for me :D

It's been pissing down here for 2 weeks solid and I'm now getting seriously cranky and depressed.

Maybe I should post some cranky comments somewhere...  :o

there are many girls in lamai and chaweng that can probably help ease your pain!

Well im cranky too, but im a girl, what do you suggest I do?

come over to my place! sorry, but you asked!