A 15 Month Return Flight.

pattayadingo

I dont think you will get a return for more than i year, most only book 11 months in advance

I think you will have to make a 12 month ticket fixed booking (or maybe an open booking) and then have the booking remade before the end of the validity period for the ticket. This will undoubtably incur a charge of about 2,000 baht depending on the airline and ticketing conditions.

Try ringing Southall Travel, they seemed to be able longer dates than other agents I have tried, but I suspect as others have indicated it will be possible but there will be a fee to change your return flight.

Thanks for the replies.

I have checked with the firm I booked with 'Dial a Flight' and they cannot do it. There is no problem to alter this current ticket and others to the full year and with no fee. Yet that means losing an extra 90 days here on my Non-O visa. That 90 days may not seem a lot but I would rather spend that time here each year.

Where a fee is concerned for changing a flight that tends to negate the idea of getting a return flight. By the time you pay the fee which in many cases can be £70 or so, it would then be as cheap to buy 2 single flights.

It is a great pity that airlines are not a bit more accommodating in respect of changing dates to beyond the year.

Maybe best looked into when I fly back in a few weeks to the UK. Easier to make enquiries there.

do not even bother-it simply does NOT exist-as above has been pointed out-thats simply IATA ruling, dating from precious old times when computers were so limited tat no years were writen-only dates, hence. Also its simply impossible-even now on most airlines, to book for more as 364 days ahead. The advice to try to rebook for after that ultimum date: ignore-this will cost you dearly (a lost fare one way). Also has not really much to do with particular airlines.

Yes-you are right- a flexible, 1 yr ticket/return will cost about same as 2 singles anyway. But that has always been the case. Best way to cut cost is to try AMAP to go in LOW season. Best airline offering 1 way fares (in price, not in comfort) is often AirBerlin-German, from DUsseldorf, with connections from Stansted same day.

IF you aim to stay long time in TH with the occasional short visit to UK, then it might be beter to swallow pride and book 1 way-and returns ex TH-these may indeed cost more as ex UK now, but less as the costly returns you would need ex UK.

do not even bother-it simply does NOT exist-as above has been pointed out-thats simply IATA ruling, dating from precious old times when computers were so limited tat no years were writen-only dates, hence. Also its simply impossible-even now on most airlines, to book for more as 364 days ahead. The advice to try to rebook for after that ultimum date: ignore-this will cost you dearly (a lost fare one way). Also has not really much to do with particular airlines.

Yes-you are right- a flexible, 1 yr ticket/return will cost about same as 2 singles anyway. But that has always been the case. Best way to cut cost is to try AMAP to go in LOW season. Best airline offering 1 way fares (in price, not in comfort) is often AirBerlin-German, from DUsseldorf, with connections from Stansted same day.

IF you aim to stay long time in TH with the occasional short visit to UK, then it might be beter to swallow pride and book 1 way-and returns ex TH-these may indeed cost more as ex UK now, but less as the costly returns you would need ex UK.

I appreciate that.

Looking at this idea again has made me think some more. Because of the 1 year visa and + 90 days tagged on, I could stay longer here with a tourist visa on top. Alternatively if I did need to go to the UK for some reason I could simply purchase a single and go.

2 singles seem the best way to go.

On the other hand the 15 month rtn ticket was a topic worth looking into.