Firefox Or Gmail Problem?

Lost in LOS

Something funny with my mail. When I open this email on my iPhone it shows a link to a youtube video, [first picture], I click on it and it opens and shows youtube videl. No problem

When i open gmail on my imac and open this email this is what I get second pic. [it only shows it as 5K] View as text and download.. If I click on view as text, I get pages of text and if I search carefully there is a link to youtube in there

If I click on download it asks what to open with. I have tried several VLC app among them. Nothing opens it. This happens often with only some of my mail.

what is the problem fix?

thanks in advance

post-24771-0-71001300-1326757534_thumb.p

post-24771-0-34103800-1326757651_thumb.p

post-24771-0-50163700-1326757896_thumb.p

Edited by Lost in LOS

The video is not in the email. it's jsut a link.

What seems to have happened is that the mail client the sender used to forward this has embedded the original messagewithout saying what type of attachement it was and that was not understood by gmail. Some older or corporate clients do like that.

Your iPhone managed to display it because it chose to assume it was an email. It then just cleaned up all the "email" data in the attachement and showed you the body of the message (which you managed to find manually).

Using a desktop client on your computer might help... But I must say I'm surprised to hear this happens often to you. I think I got that once when someone sent me an email FW:FW:FW:FW: from their company's horrible Lotus Notes.

usually from the same guy smile.png

The video is not in the email. it's jsut a link.

What seems to have happened is that the mail client the sender used to forward this has embedded the original messagewithout saying what type of attachement it was and that was not understood by gmail. Some older or corporate clients do like that.

Your iPhone managed to display it because it chose to assume it was an email. It then just cleaned up all the "email" data in the attachement and showed you the body of the message (which you managed to find manually).

Using a desktop client on your computer might help... But I must say I'm surprised to hear this happens often to you. I think I got that once when someone sent me an email FW:FW:FW:FW: from their company's horrible Lotus Notes.