Chiang Mai University Graduation Day Traffic

Tywais

Leaving the university around 3:30 this afternoon the Canal road going south towards Hang Dong was packed. Seems the intersection lights at Suthep and Canal are longer then usual to allow for flow control. Will be leaving for the office early to try and beat the traffic and find a parking space on campus. Some streets on campus are blocked and traffic being redirected.

Guarantee tomorrow, Thursday, will be a headache around there.

It's pathetic.

Yesterday I went in the main back gate.

Not until I got nearly through to the front did I find the front gate was blocked and ALL the traffic was being diverted back round to the tiny little bottleneck side gate to be further blocked in the narrow little soi near Skybreeze Condo. It was a 40 minute trip only because I avoided that soi and got on my bike.

One year in the distant future someone will actually think ahead and put a sign to say this as you go in.

It's pathetic.

Yesterday I went in the main back gate.

Not until I got nearly through to the front did I find the front gate was blocked and ALL the traffic was being diverted back round to the tiny little bottleneck side gate to be further blocked in the narrow little soi near Skybreeze Condo. It was a 40 minute trip only because I avoided that soi and got on my bike.

One year in the distant future someone will actually think ahead and put a sign to say this as you go in.

What were you going in for ?

MSPain

Police just closed Nimmanhaemin road entirely. I went out onto my balcony to see if I could identify what was going on, and a bunch of police started shouting for me to go inside. I looked out the window...same thing. Now it's moving again. Does anyone have any idea what that was about?

Police just closed Nimmanhaemin road entirely. I went out onto my balcony to see if I could identify what was going on, and a bunch of police started shouting for me to go inside. I looked out the window...same thing. Now it's moving again. Does anyone have any idea what that was about?

Very likely a member of the Royal family as they usually come to present the certificates.

Very likely a member of the Royal family as they usually come to present the certificates.

Thanks for the explanation. It was really strange and I had no idea what was going on...