Yingluck Is Perfect For President Aquino

webfact

Yingluck is perfect for President Aquino : @itsmekrisaquino

Philippines Daily Inquirer/Asia News Network

30174150-01_big.jpg

Apparently celebrity and presidential sister Kris Aquino believes visiting Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra could be a potential sister-in-law.

The bubbly and irrepressible Kris posted in her Twitter account (@itsmekrisaquino) her admiration for Shinawatra whom she met in Malacañang when the latter paid President Aquino a visit.

Yingluck was in Manila for six hours on Thursday for her first official visit in the country since being elected as Thai Prime Minister in 2011. She is the sister of deposed Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

In her Twitter account, Kris said she had just come from a luncheon for Shinawatra.

"She's tall and slim and attractive. 44 years old, bagay ke PNoy!"(perfect for President Aquino)!"" tweeted @itsmeKris who is TV host and actress.

However, according to news websites BBC, Bloomberg, Guardian and the New York Times, Shinawatra is married to businessman Anusorn Amornchat, with whom she has a son. But other websites call him her common-law husband.

The 51-year-old President Aquino is single.

In the luncheon he hosted for Shinawatra, President Aquino congratulated the Thai leader for "hold(ing) a distinct honor of being the first woman Prime Minister of Thailand.

"Allow me to take the opportunity to personally congratulate you and your party for gaining your people's mandate in the July general elections in Thailand," Mr. Aquino said.

"My mother too was the first female president of my country," the President said, in reference to his late mother, Corazon Aquino.

He then toasted to the "health, happiness and prosperity of His Majesty, the King and the Prime Minister of Thailand."

Shinawatra also gave a similar toast to President Aquino.

"May I now invite all of you to join me in a toast to a good health and happiness of His Excellency President Benigno Aquino III and to the long-term partnership between the Philippines and Thailand," she said.

- Many Filipinos quickly reacted to the tweet correcting Kris that Yingluck has a common-law husband and a son. Most of the tweets were negative.

"A very undiplomatic thing to say. She’s not your (friend) you know,she’s a visiting official. Not the right thing to say," @jeroplane said.

"Maybe @itsmekrisaquino should know that Yingluck Shinawatra is happily married. please don’t be a homewrecker!" said @JaR_12.

"What have you done???? That’s embarrassing for the people of Thailand and the Philippines!" said @TourismPinas.

"Kris, Mr. Anusorn Amornchat does not approve your pimping of his wife to your brother Pnoy," said @velezcollege.

"The question is if the PM of Thailand will like your brother?" asked @LucasBorres.

There were those who supported Kris though, saying that Yingluck is indeed pretty and that it’s about time President Aquino finds a suitable wife.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-01-20

For all who doesn't know President Aquino (philippine president) He is the best President that you will ever see and he never thinks of any corruption, and he sue all of the previous corrupt officials in the Philippines including the ex-President GMA and her midnight appointee the Supreme Court chief Justice RC.

"It's payback time"

(The age of the Digital karma has begun)

So many praises for Yingluck jap.gif

And the last ABAC poll shows she is still more popular than Abhisit has ever been

clap2.gif

wrong

Yingluck's popularity on the wane, Abhsit's on the rise: Abac Poll

http://www.thaivisa....rise-abac-poll/

No, Right; she is still more popular than abhisit - by about 20%, for what the polls are worth. You really need to read OP's before you go off on one.

So many praises for Yingluck

From a country where millions praised Imelda.

Do you know the history of the Aquino family ?

For reminder, the PAD, when launching their attack on Taksin, were misleading the population by trying to tie their movement with the People Power revolution in the Philippine. What an irony that the Aquino family (Nino, his daughter and now his grand son) , who is the family who is at the heart of this movement, is now supporting Yingluck.

Well up to about 1986 that is, but then again it was probably compulsory before that date. The people had had enough by then and the People Power Revolution got rid of them. Granted she is an MP now but I don't think she commands much respect now from millions, maybe from some of her constituents who used to vote for her son.

Do you know the history of the Aquino family ?

For reminder, the PAD, when launching their attack on Taksin, were misleading the population by trying to tie their movement with the People Power revolution in the Philippine. What an irony that the Aquino family (Nino, his daughter and now his grand son) , who is the family who is at the heart of this movement, is now supporting Yingluck.

whoa... "supporting Yingluck"?

based on what? some gossipy nonsense about wishful romances? :cheesy:

As for the Aquinos, I know their story very well. I lived it there.

The true irony is that the founder Aquino was the arch enemy of Thaksin's role model, Ferdinand.

The original Aquino no doubt rolls in his coffin at the Red Shirts feebly try to associate with the People Power of the Philippines, which began when Thaksin's first proxy government stole the slogan for their party name. Thankfully, it was disbanded for the electoral fraud that was disgracing the memory of the original Filipino People Power.

Well up to about 1986 that is, but then again it was probably compulsory before that date. The people had had enough by then and the People Power Revolution got rid of them. Granted she is an MP now but I don't think she commands much respect now from millions, maybe from some of her constituents who used to vote for her son.

It was never compulsory to adore the Marcos family. They received adulation from millions, especially in their home provinces. The locals I met there were fervent supporters of the despicable family, even after all their travesties were aired and well known. They had completely bought into the propaganda spewed by the clan.

Not unlike the N and NE Thailand supporters of Thaksin.

Fortunately, for the Philippines, after over two decades of his tyrannical rule, that Thaksin attempted to mimic btw, the millions of his supporters were outmatched by the tens of millions of his opponents.

Edited by Buchholz

So many praises for Yingluck jap.gif

And the last ABAC poll shows she is still more popular than Abhisit has ever been

clap2.gif

wrong

Yingluck's popularity on the wane, Abhsit's on the rise: Abac Poll

http://www.thaivisa....rise-abac-poll/

No, Right; she is still more popular than abhisit - by about 20%, for what the polls are worth. You really need to read OP's before you go off on one.

not for long, slip sliding away hehehe

besides, she will soon be a Filipina and living in the Philippines hehehe

whoa... "supporting Yingluck"?

based on what? some gossipy nonsense about wishful romances? cheesy.gif

It's in the Nation. Usually it's good enough for you wink.png

As for the Aquinos, I know their story very well. I lived it there.

You allegedly live in Thailand but your knowledge and understanding of recent events is ..., let say ... highly questionable.

The true irony is that the founder Aquino was the arch enemy of Thaksin's role model, Ferdinand.

Can you back up this affirmation ? So far you haven't appeared like a very credible witness, your chance to rectify this perception ...

The original Aquino no doubt rolls in his coffin at the Red Shirts feebly try to associate with the People Power of the Philippines, which began when Thaksin's first proxy government stole the slogan for their party name. Thankfully, it was disbanded for the electoral fraud that was disgracing the memory of the original Filipino People Power.

As far as I remember it's the PAD who called for a "people power revolution" in 2005-2006 to ultimately call for and support a military coup. I can understand the Aquino family was not so willing to associate with people who are widely seen as right wing extremists and are much more comfortable with Yingluck.

Edited by JurgenG

Nobody praises Imelda FYI.. only ignorant people knows that sh*t

Imelda is a ruptured carbuncle on the face of humanity, but she does have many fans.

The Marcos propaganda machine was astoundingly successful for decades.

It was the blueprint for other SE Asian despots that followed.

Look how many admirers Potjaman has, for example.

so yingluck is available, that's good to know

As described in the Philippine news media

The Thai leader is the youngest sister of former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and was involved in business before she joined politics. She was married to businessman Anusorn Amornchat and has one son.

Recent reports refer to her as a single mother.

Philippine Star - January 20, 2012

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=769527&publicationSubCategoryId=68

Imelda is a ruptured carbuncle on the face of humanity, but she does have many fans.

Very interesting demonstration. And I suppose you include K. Taksin in the SE Asian despots ? wink.png

Unfortunately, it seems that the people who knew Marcos the best because they defeated him, don't agree with you. You can spin it the way you want, the Aquinos support Yingluck and not your friends from the PAD.

Talking about the devil ... Your mentor last night called from China (they say imitation is the best form of flattery smile.png ). Terrorism is now on the menu. "If the PAD is to make a move once again, this time will not just confine to street protesting but a complete seizure of power," he (Sondhi) said, pledging a make-or break struggle."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/PAD-leaders-call-for-power-seizure-30174193.html

Not the kind of people a country that still suffer from terrorism want to associate with.

More extract from the article :

"PAD co-leader Bhipop Thongchai said the PAD-led movement did not wane in the past six year" Really ? If they say so rolleyes.gif

"but stood ready to step out and fight against the domination of rogue capitalists over the political system." So now they fighting "rogue capitalism" ? The PAD joining "occupy Wall Street" movement, that something new biggrin.png

Very interesting demonstration. And I suppose you include K. Taksin in the SE Asian despots ? wink.png

No, but I would include Thaksin as being well-entrenched in the annals of SE Asian despots. Taksin was someone else.

Unfortunately, it seems that the people who knew Marcos the best because they defeated him, don't agree with you.

Are we to take you seriously? :blink:

Who on Earth would claim that Marcos was NOT a despot? :huh:

100,000 dead Filipinos certainly not make that claim. :angry:

You can spin it the way you want, the Aquinos support Yingluck and not your friends from the PAD.

More nonsense. No one is claiming the Aquinos support PAD. :wacko:

At the same time, no one is claiming that notion that some fishmonger's wife-ish romantic gossipy silliness somehow indicates that the Aquinos back Yingluck more so than any other possible Thai PM that comes for a 1 day visit. No one, that is, except you. :

:cheesy:

• Like 1

I must have been asleep for a long time as I thought there was a big fuss to get Mr T back to Thailand in time for his sister's wedding last month. Was the marriage cancelled?

It was for his daughter's marriage ... which did go ahead ... without him.

Edited by whybother

I must have been asleep for a long time as I thought there was a big fuss to get Mr T back to Thailand in time for his sister's wedding last month. Was the marriage cancelled?

No, it went off as scheduled on December 12th.

Thaksin's son, Oaf, filled in as the father of the bride.

Anyway,I find it utterly strange that there has been no news or pictures from his daughters wedding which has happened almost 3 weeks ago.

It went off as scheduled...

2851.jpg

Thaksin didn't make it to yesterday's nuptials.... sad.gif

• 2 weeks later...