Unable To Gain Access

hathairatk

Good morning/

Excuse my ignorance, but I frequently access a share site in the UK which I have been using the last approx 2 years, but yesterday and today, for some reason, it appears that this site has been blocked or whatever.

The site is www.iii.co.uk and my service provider is True.

Any technical persons out there that can help me?

Thank you.

Thanks guys but how do I clear browsers cache?

Running Windows 7 Home Premium IE9, which I have been using for some time and had no problems accessing the site until two days ago.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information<ID id="moreInformation">More information</ID>

Go to your Start Button - bottom left

Click Control Panel

Click Network and Internet

Internet Options - Click Delete History and Cookies

Browsing History - Click Delete ( click the box to delete on exit - for future use )

Check all the boxes, Temp Internet Files, Passwords etc

Hit Delete

It will take a few seconds to minutes depending how much stuff you have in there.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Thanks for your assistance guys but,

Have cleared the browsers cache and also tried another browser but still unable to access this site.

Very strange.

Any other possible solutions you may have would be appreciated.

ps Another financial site I have just tried to load is www.lse.co.uk but with the same problem.

I have been trying many websites this morning and all OK apart from the above two sites.

Typical DNS/routing problem, probably caused by your ISP being flaky.

Restart your modem/router.

If that doesnt help you can try changing your DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) and 208.67.222.222 (OpenDNS).

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/15037-dns-addressing-how-change-windows-7-a.html

If that doesnt work put the DNS settings back to "auto".

Get the same thing for the two sites you mention plus http://www.nirsoft.net/ which is how I noticed it this time. Should also say I'm on True 10/1 DOCSIS)

Sites just time out, waiting for (site name).... then come up with "problem loading" and "the connection was reset", agree seems like DNS prob but changing to Google, open or advantage DNS's make no difference. Also clearing caches, using different browser also doesn't help. To check if there was some weird fault my end even tried a new portable download of Iron (chrome) browser (ie no user settings history or caches) and then restored an image a few days old, same problem. Tethering a phone as modem (AIS) and all is well with original browser (Firefox).

Called True and not surprised that they were not much (any) help. This has happened before, every couple of months, and has corrected itself after a few days. Looks like a True routing problem but cannot see a way to work around, Any other ideas ??

Edited by terryq

Next thing to try is doing a traceroute to www.iii.co.uk. I haven't used Microsoft Windows for many years, but if things haven't changed, start a DOS session and type tracert www.iii.co.uk then post the results here. That will show where the connection is failing.

Hmmm. The ip address 217.20.44.193 appears to be down/invalid. Unfortunately a reverse DNS look-up doesn't reveal who owns the ip address concerned. This looks like a network configuration error - probably by Telecity Group.

Good morning/

Excuse my ignorance, but I frequently access a share site in the UK which I have been using the last approx 2 years, but yesterday and today, for some reason, it appears that this site has been blocked or whatever.

Thank you.

FWIW the site timed out on my iPhone, so I don't think it's your browser. My ISP is True, too.

Hmmm. The ip address 217.20.44.193 appears to be down/invalid. Unfortunately a reverse DNS look-up doesn't reveal who owns the ip address concerned. This looks like a network configuration error - probably by Telecity Group.

host is up, most likely some crashed service...

root@blackout:~# nmap -sS -O 217.20.44.193

Starting Nmap 5.51 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2012-01-21 18:57 ICT

Nmap scan report for 217.20.44.193

Host is up (0.15s latency).

Not shown: 994 closed ports

PORT STATE SERVICE

22/tcp filtered ssh

23/tcp filtered telnet

25/tcp filtered smtp

49/tcp filtered tacacs

80/tcp open http

2222/tcp filtered EtherNet/IP-1

OS fingerprint not ideal because: Didn't receive UDP response. Please try again with -sSU

No OS matches for host

OS detection performed. Please report any incorrect results at http://nmap.org/submit/ .

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 50.75 seconds

Get the same thing for the two sites you mention plus http://www.nirsoft.net/ which is how I noticed it this time. Should also say I'm on True 10/1 DOCSIS)

Sites just time out, waiting for (site name).... then come up with "problem loading" and "the connection was reset", agree seems like DNS prob but changing to Google, open or advantage DNS's make no difference. Also clearing caches, using different browser also doesn't help. To check if there was some weird fault my end even tried a new portable download of Iron (chrome) browser (ie no user settings history or caches) and then restored an image a few days old, same problem. Tethering a phone as modem (AIS) and all is well with original browser (Firefox).

Called True and not surprised that they were not much (any) help. This has happened before, every couple of months, and has corrected itself after a few days. Looks like a True routing problem but cannot see a way to work around, Any other ideas ??

I can access all three sites...they pull up no problem. I'm in Bangkok on True cable 20Mb/2Mb DOCSIS.

Good morning/

Thank you.

FWIW the site timed out on my iPhone, so I don't think it's your browser. My ISP is True, too.

The site timed out on my True windows 7 and mac.

HOWEVER, it worked on my AIS 3G connection. True may be up to something fishy.