Us Embassy Service Coming To Hua Hin March 22, 2012

carken

The US Embassy has a program called "Outreach Service". Embassy personnel travel to various areas around Thailand several times a year to make it more convenient for expats to transact necessary passport, visa and other business without having to travel to Bangkok. I (Carl Kennedy) have been trying to get a scheduled visit to Hua Hin area for a couple years

This year will be the first year the "Outreach Service" will be offered in the Hua Hin area. If the participation by American expats is large enough they will continue this service 2 to 4 times a year depending on the volume of transactions. To make sure they return in the future it would do us all good to utilize this opportunity to our best (come on down!!).

It will take place March 22, 2012 at a yet to be decided location so lets all start making plans. The location will be announced several days ahead of schedule. We will keep you posted. Any questions in the meantime can be directed here:

Dear Mr. Kennedy:

Thank you for contacting the Embassy. The exact venue will not be determined until a few days before the actual outreach visit.

Please visit: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/consular_outreach_fy2012.html for updates.

Kind Regards,

American Citizens Services

US Embassy

Bangkok, Thailand

How fresh does the income affadavit letter need to be for Hua Hin Immigrations for a retirement extension?

My annual renewal is in August (expires early September). If I were to get a letter on March 22, is that dated too early for Hua Hin Immigrations? I know they definitely march to their own drummer here at Hua Hin Immigrations.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that would be dated too early, of course it's up to the whim of the immigration officer you get. I'm not sure of the exact rule but it is no more than a month. Just to be safe I usually get mine two to three weeks before my visa is due for renewal and go to immigration immediately when the letter is no more that two or three days old. You can renew a couple of weeks early and they will still renew the visa for the same dates so you don't lose any time on it. The "fresher" the income letter, the better.

@ wepcoe

I'm not sure but I think it has to be dated within 90 days. So March 22 to August would be a no no. If it were me before March 22 I would personally go to Hua Hin Immigration and ask them about it. If you do find an Immigration person to OK that longer time frame I would keep a record of their name, the date they OK'd it AND the time of day like 2:31PM. Don't make it 2:30 or 2:15 or 2:00 make it look exact hence the 2:31PM time. I would also ask the person (if they OK it) if you can use their name and the date of the OK. Just for your protection. That way they will understand it's coming back on them if there's a problem

@BazilFox

That would be up to the Aussie Embassy. Why don't you contact them and point out that other Embassies are doing it and it would be a credit too and make the Aussie Embassy look good if they were to do the same thing. Play upon their sympathies and ego. Embassies are just like people they wanna look good and be praised. And you my friend can help them with that situation, because you're concerned about Australia's image to the world and so on blah blah blah lay it on thick but not so thick that they figure you are conning them. It really does need to be sincere and not bull sh*t.

I'm sure you understand, right?

• 1 month later...

I just checked the US Emb schedule page http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/consular_outreach_fy2012.html they have just posted the location / address for the March 15 Phuket stop / meeting. It's 2 weeks away, so I'm thinking that 2 weeks prior to the stop / meeting they post the address which would mean approx March 8 they will post the place / address of the Hua Hin stop/meeting. for March 22. I'll try to keep you posted or you can go to the above website and check it out

Just got this

Dear Mr. Kennedy:

Thank you for your email. Although it has not been officially confirmed, I believe we will be in Hua Hin22 March 2012

Venue: Hilton Hua Hin Resort and Spa (33 Naresdamri, Hua Hin 77110 Tel:032-538-999)

A few days before the actual date, this information should be posted on our website. Please check back then to confirm.

Kind Regards,

US Embassy

Bangkok, ThailandDear Mr. Kennedy:

Thank you for your email. Although it has not been officially confirmed, I believe we will be in Hua Hin—22 March 2012

Venue: Hilton Hua Hin Resort and Spa (33 Naresdamri, Hua Hin 77110 Tel:032-538-999)

A few days before the actual date, this information should be posted on our website. Please check back then to confirm.

Kind Regards,

US Embassy

Bangkok, Thailand

Email received from ACS, if you sign up with them you get plenty of notice:

Dear American citizens residing in the Hua Hin region,

The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok

is pleased to inform you the location for the scheduled consular

outreach visit to Hua Hin on March 22, 2012.

Consular staff will be available to provide services on:

Thursday, March 22, 2012 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.

Hilton Hua Hin Resort and Spa, at 33 Naresdamri, Hua Hin

77110, Thailand.

Meeting Room: Rama 4. Tel: 032-538-999

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/HHQHIHI-Hilton-Hua-Hin-Resort-Spa/

index.do

The following consular services are available during our

outreach visits:

* Notarial Services and Certified Copies ($50.00 or Baht 1,600).

This includes income affidavits for retirees in Thailand.

* Passport renewal applications ($110.00 or Baht 3,520 for adult

passports, and $105 or Baht 3,360 for a child's passport).

* Extra visa pages ($82 or Baht 2,624). Note: we can accept

applications, but the passports will have to be brought back to the

Embassy for final processing the next working day. We will have

prepaid Thailand Post envelopes that you can buy from us (at cost: Baht

75) if you wish us have us mail your passport back to you.

Alternatively, you can pick up your passport at the Embassy. You can

also have a friend pick up your passport at the Embassy by providing the

friend written authorization to present to us.

* Social Security, VA, or other federal benefits questions will be

taken and we will try to provide forms and answers. If we cannot answer

your question at the outreach, we will send you a response later.

* Updated information regarding new Voter Registration/Absentee

Ballot requirements. If you wish to vote from overseas this year, you

need to submit a new Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) this year (and

every succeeding year) even if you have voted absentee in the past.

Please bring exact change!

Consular Reports of Birth cannot be processed during

consular outreach trips.

Appointments are not needed for consular services during

outreach visits. If you have any questions, please email

or call the American Citizen Services Unit at

02-205-4049.