No More 'Hello Hansum'.

pattayadingo

Walking down the streets in Pattaya off Beach Road or the same off Walking Street I always used to hear those familiar words, 'Hello Hansum' being called out to most foreigners as they walked by. Yet it seems to be a rare occasion these days to hear it.

What happened? Have we all become uglier or do these women now realise our wallets may not be as fat as they used to be? Or has some of the old spark gone from life here now?

The minimum wage is up to 215 baht but that does not apply to the nightlife girls. Some make so much money just from drinks and salary that they don't even need to go out (to make more). Factor in money sent from abroad (from boyfriends) and then you realize they don't have to be too friendly anymore as they aren't hungry.

Visit the Phillpines and you feel like you've entered a time warp to a time when you were handsome and you are a sexy man all over again.

Keep them lean and kean I always say.

Visit the Phillpines and you feel like you've entered a time warp to a time when you were handsome and you are a sexy man all over again.

A mate of mine went to the Philippines a couple of weeks ago, he said it was like Pattaya but without the class.

• Like 1

Who cares it is all fake anyway.Young attractive girls dating men old enough to be there fathers.

As long as you keep throwing money there way and gifts(computers.phones.jewelery,dogs smile.png

they will love you.Once that dries up you will be kicked to the curb.

Who cares it is all fake anyway.Young attractive girls dating men old enough to be there fathers.

As long as you keep throwing money there way and gifts(computers.phones.jewelery,dogs smile.png

Most of my friends and acquaintances stopped doing that a long time ago. We would rather spend the money on beer ;) 1500 Baht can buy 27 bottles of beer in the bar. Much better!!

The holidaymakers still perform like a kid in an expensive candy shop though.

A mate of mine went to the Philippines a couple of weeks ago, he said it was like Pattaya but without the class.

I have a brother there now. In Angeles. He says it is boring. Nothing but bars and women and bars and women and.....

I have a brother there now. In Angeles. He says it is boring. Nothing but bars and women and bars and women and.....

Did he end up in prison as a crossdresser? rolleyes.gif

I used to hear it more often from the younger pretty ones.

Now, the older ladies think they can have a go at me. Sad really.

There may well be something in that. Many bars now seem to have fatter and older women working in them. Certainly not good eye candy in many places unlike the go-go bars (not that I would venture into those sordid places heaving with vibrant young flesh, of course). blink.pnglaugh.png

more accurate to say grandfathers

This time of year most regular Pattaya residents turn into 'invisible man' as the girls are more interested in starry eyed newbies.

Not too mention the young, cute savvy ones are making more money than ever before so service and keeness has fallen thru the floor... They just don't need to work hard for 500 baht anymore.. Man many girls have got better mobile phones than their punters.

The minimum wage is up to 215 baht but that does not apply to the nightlife girls. Some make so much money just from drinks and salary that they don't even need to go out (to make more). Factor in money sent from abroad (from boyfriends) and then you realize they don't have to be too friendly anymore as they aren't hungry.

Keep them lean and kean I always say.

You're out of touch.

No way they are "aren't hungry" now compared to before. If anything they'd now be hungrier as the bar business is in decline as real tourists start to grow steadily in number.

They probably realise that English isn't the dominant language on the streets these days.

Your mate must have spent all of his time in the Philippines in a drunken stupour to come to that conclusion.