Best Time/Day To Go To Immo

james24

I found that by arriving around 1240 hrs and waiting for the ticket machine to open at 1300 hrs I normally complete what ever I went there for by 1400 hrs. Obviously does not work for retirement visas etc. as they are filled early morning for the rest of the day.

Well, I have been going to Immigration a lof times during the last 10 years to make tourist visa extentions and I like to come late with all my things in order. The copy of my passport, a picture or two, money and the filled our application. Believe you can download the application but otherwise just fill it out when you are there and waiting anyway. Everyone else comes early. I am usually in and out within 30min. However, I am a woman and use that. Dress nice and smile - always gets many compliments when there - so maybe I am just lucky :-) but try it.

I went at 2:45pm last Tuesday to do my 90-day sign in and I didn't leave until 4:30pm. I received queue number 733 but it was only at 680 when I arrived. I've never taken so long for a 90-day sign in.

It was the same yesterday for 90 day reporting. Big queues with about 50 people waiting and it seemed a lot slower to be seen mainly because the were putting barcodes in the passports now. If the barcodes should speed reporting up what happens if you post your 90 day report do you have to send the passport as well?

i was there today, for 90 day reporting... yes, barcoding slows it up a bit...but regardless, it was just plain packed. Arrived at 10:30 and finally got out at exactly noon, before they closed it down... last one of the morning... that is the longest it has ever taken me.

I went at 2:45pm last Tuesday to do my 90-day sign in and I didn't leave until 4:30pm. I received queue number 733 but it was only at 680 when I arrived. I've never taken so long for a 90-day sign in.

I went excactly the same time as you Wed ,Feb 11. I was 6 numbers to go and was out in 10 minutes.There were 3 people doing processing for 90 reporting, 2 permanent and a temp. So it seems a lucky dip . Throws all the theories out the window !

What's the bar code all about ???

indeed, WHAT IS the bar code about... will it make it easier? or will the thais find their own special use for it and muck things all up? I might guess that maybe the bar codes will be readable by scanners at thai airports that automatically inform them as to your immigration status? Or is that too forward thinking?

Actually wonder what would happen if i take my barcode out and throw it away?!?!?! hahahaha... I mean, they did not ask me if they could put it in there and the passport is technically MINE....

At least now (today) in USA they can't put a GPS on your car without a warrant - took a US supreme court ruling for them to figure that one out!

WHo knows...a few more years and maybe we will get bar codes under our skin or tattoo?

Edited by zippydedodah

Actually wonder what would happen if i take my barcode out and throw it away?!?!?! hahahaha... I mean, they did not ask me if they could put it in there and the passport is technically MINE....

Actually, zippydedodah, it's my understanding that US passports do not belong to the individual, but rather they are property of the US government.

Actually, zippydedodah, it's my understanding that US passports do not belong to the individual, but rather they are property of the US government.

well, turns out you are absolutely right... i mean, i knew that they could take it away and even deny you one... but had forgotten all about it being "theirs"....

in researching this (and other issues) came across this auspicious link:

http://papersplease.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ds5513-proposed.pdf

seems that the govt is considering some very extensive info requirements before they consider passport issuance...

The wife and I went in today for re-entry permits. We got our Q tickets at 13:50 and we were out by 14:50. It was packed. I got a bit worried when the re-entry permit Q number display did not change for over 20 minutes since I was 19 numbers behind but then it started moving quickly. It took just another 20 minutes before my Q number was called.

Same same, #738 (couldn't believe it when he handed me ticket), a good hour and that is normally the quietest time OP. It was down to wads of Burmese also reporting.

Balls to barcodes; how's about dropping freaking reporting altogether! It makes no odds to any bleedin entity anywhere in the universe other than inconveniencing both sides, in particular the innocent, legit party. Why do you want me to keep writing down my address year after year anyway, do you keep forgetting it? if I wanted to disappear, I just wouldn't turn up. How's about this? If you're that paranoid, just tell me it is the year of the xenophobe and thus you are not giving visas or how about installing a f*cking webcam in my house? Jeezus! offtopic2.gif

Same same, #738 (couldn't believe it when he handed me ticket), a good hour and that is normally the quietest time OP. It was down to wads of Burmese also reporting.

Balls to barcodes; how's about dropping freaking reporting altogether! It makes no odds to any bleedin entity anywhere in the universe other than inconveniencing both sides, in particular the innocent, legit party. Why do you want me to keep writing down my address year after year anyway, do you keep forgetting it? if I wanted to disappear, I just wouldn't turn up. How's about this? If you're that paranoid, just tell me it is the year of the xenophobe and thus you are not giving visas or how about installing a f*cking webcam in my house? Jeezus! offtopic2.gif

It was the same when I went: big groups of Burmese labourers. You can feel the tension in that place especially when someone appears to be trying to jump the queue. I don't blame the Immigration staff as they do a great job normally of dealing with everyone as well as they can. Someone who makes decisions in governemnt or Immigration needs to plan an expansion of this office quickly.

• Like 1