Yingluck To Attend Thai Show At Davos Summit

webfact

Geez guys give the lady a break - neither academic or foreign language proficiency, nor even high intelligence itself have much to do with leadership skills.

History's been pretty kind to Ronnie Reagan and no one claimed he was qualified in the ways you're talking about. Is she less qualified than the last Bush, not exactly a paragon of fluency in his native Texan.

It's the competence of the machine behind you, not the figurehead itself. . .

I think there's a vast amount of truth in your last sentence Johnny.

"The competence of the machine behind you"

Therin lies the problem. Something to do with COMPETENCE.wai.gif

You beat me to it....the lunatics are running the aslyum...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a preview with a look at the rapidly-fading and much hyped supposed good looks, comes a very recent shot.

Link to Photo:

http://news.yahoo.co...-054000571.html

Thailand's Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra arrives for a news conference on Master Plan for Water Management at the Government House in Bangkok January 20, 2012.

REUTERS

You need to ease away from the buffet table there a little sooner, eh Yingluck? Although the chubbier face smooths out the crow's feet, the new double chin is unflattering.

post-108212-0-58511900-1327402672_thumb. licklips.gifQuarter-pounder

post-108212-0-60509800-1327402722_thumb.coffee1.gifThe Whopper

I think she is aging gracefully Buchholz.giggle.gif

The Whopper Junior

237938-1.jpg

The youngest MP in Parliament, Chinnicha

Chinnicha faces losing House seat for false asset statement

The National Anti-Corruption Commission on Wednesday decided to seek the judicial review to back up its ruling to disqualify Pheu Thai MP Chinnicha Wongsawat from Chiang Mai, a niece of ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

The NACC ruled that Chinnicha had falsified her asset statement, an offence punishable by removing from House seat and banning from holding political office for five years.

Under the anti-graft law, the NACC ruling will be forwarded to the Constitution Court for mandatory review.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-02-23

Is there anyone in the current goverment who is NOT related to our man in Dubai ?

PM to regain confidence for Thailand at WEF

BANGKOK, 23 January 2012 (NNT) – Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra plans to take advantage of her presence at the upcoming World Economic Forum (WEF) in Switzerland to bring back foreign confidence in Thailand.

I note the absence of Yingluck's name on any of the speaker/presenter/moderator lists for the upcoming WEF program.

http://www.weforum.org/events/world-economic-forum-annual-meeting-2012

http://www.openforumdavos.ch/

BANGKOK, 23 January 2012 (NNT) – Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra plans to take advantage of her presence at the upcoming World Economic Forum (WEF) in Switzerland to bring back foreign confidence in Thailand.

I note the absence of Yingluck's name on any of the speaker/presenter/moderator lists for the upcoming WEF program.

http://www.weforum.o...al-meeting-2012

Probably too busy shopping and checking on DL's hidden assets

her english is bad, is that the joke?

The joke is her replies to the questions and goes well beyond her broken English, with which she supposedly holds advanced degrees in.

Her masers diploma is in management information systems, not english. English was the language of instruction at Kentucky State. Anyone that has a graduate education will attest to the fact that it is normal for programs in MIS, the physical sciences, math, engineering and the natural sciences to be filled with students that have a difficult time with the language of instruction. I recall having a Russian doctoral student responsible for one of my quantitative mathematical analysis classes and the man could not express himself in a coherent fashion. Nor can i forget my Chinese professor of Vertebrate Anatomy who was unintelligible. I won't even start with the Indian chap who taught health economics. In all of my classes were foreign students, many of whom were not proficient in the english language. Even the western students had poor communication. And more specifically, anyone that has studied MIS or IT related subjects at the university level will attest to the fact that many of the students are borderline illiterate in the language of instruction. If english fluency was crucial, then Kentucky State would not have granted its diploma. Why is the PM's english language skills germane? She neither works in the english language, nor provides services in the english language.

What field of study did you pursue for your graduate diploma where you did not come across foreign students?

Edited by geriatrickid

Thais that have never been to a USA university can speak better.

Yingluck’s English language interview

Yingluck Shinawatra discusses her background and qualifications for the prime ministerial job, the role of Thaksin and what she would do if she gets the job.

Yingluck Shinawatra was the youngest of nine children of the family Mr. and Mrs. Yindee Lert Shinawatra (daughter of Princess Jantip (Na Chiangmai) Raminkwong). Like his brother is Thaksin Shinawatra , she is fourth generation in a family of original Thai Hoa (her grandfather was the original American married to a Thai woman in Thai) which had moved to their current Shinawatra in 1938 political reasons. She has a bachelor's degree at the Department of Political Science and Public Administration under the Chiang Mai University in 1988 and then a master's degree in Public Administration of the University of Kentucky , the United States in 1991. She was married but not legally registered, Anusorn Amornchat her husband, CEO of M Link Asia Corporation PCL Group is owned by her sister. Her sister Yaowapa Wongsawat, wife of former Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat .

When was she in the service? What did she do to get the ribbons? Or is she just making a fashion statement?

http://en.wikipedia....12-16_-_001.JPG

Your comment demonstrates an ignorance of the nature of civil service uniforms. I suggest you check out the photos of Abhisit and then come back and criticize. The colours of ribbons are indications of office and duties. Lower ranking civil servants can have uniforms filled with ribbons and medals as they acknowledge promotions and tenure. The uniform that the PM is rather limited compared to other civil servants.

Edited by geriatrickid

And? What is the President of the USA speaking on? What is the President of Russia moderating? What is the Prime Minster of China doing?

Its a pity that the PM's looks are of more importance to criticize for some members than is her policy, but then I do recall similar petty jibes being thrown at Abhisit for his looks too.

Seems for some, petty jibes about image and looks is more important than substance.

• Like 1

Its a pity that the PM's looks are of more importance to criticize for some members than is her policy, but then I do recall similar petty jibes being thrown at Abhisit for his looks too.

Seems for some, petty jibes about image and looks is more important than substance.

Or if there actually isn't any policy,other than the one point that has been discussed to death already, it leaves the looks as the only point to discuss.

The sad thing is though, she doesn't have any substance

Yingluck Shinawatra discusses her background and qualifications for the prime ministerial job, the role of Thaksin and what she would do if she gets the job.

Yingluck Shinawatra was the youngest of nine children of the family Mr. and Mrs. Yindee Lert Shinawatra (daughter of Princess Jantip (Na Chiangmai) Raminkwong). Like his brother is Thaksin Shinawatra , she is fourth generation in a family of original Thai Hoa (her grandfather was the original American married to a Thai woman in Thai) which had moved to their current Shinawatra in 1938 political reasons. She has a bachelor's degree at the Department of Political Science and Public Administration under the Chiang Mai University in 1988 and then a master's degree in Public Administration of the University of Kentucky , the United States in 1991. She was married but not legally registered, Anusorn Amornchat her husband, CEO of M Link Asia Corporation PCL Group is owned by her sister. Her sister Yaowapa Wongsawat, wife of former Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat .

When was she in the service? What did she do to get the ribbons? Or is she just making a fashion statement?

Your comment demonstrates an ignorance of the nature of civil service uniforms. I suggest you check out the photos of Abhisit and then come back and criticize. The colours of ribbons are indications of office and duties. Lower ranking civil servants can have uniforms filled with ribbons and medals as they acknowledge promotions and tenure. The uniform that the PM is rather limited compared to other civil servants.

Abhisit list, where is Yingluck's list?

1999 Knight Grand Cordon (Special Class) of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant

1998 Knight Grand Cordon (Special Class) of the Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand

Silver Jubilee Medal of B.E. 2514 (AD 1971)

Commemorative Medal of HRH Prince Vajiralongkorn's Investiture as Crown Prince

Commemorative Medal on the Occasion of the Elevation of HRH Princess Sirindhorn to the title of "Princess Maha Chakri"

Commemorative Medal on the Occasion of the 72nd Birthday Anniversary of HM Queen Sirikit

Edited by wxyz

yes, where there are elections and choices, people seem to care more for looks and charisma than competency.

http://asiapacific.a...t-and-yingluck/

some however, want a one party dictatorship like n korea, china, cuba, iran, etc etc etc

“Where in the world is a single-party government called a dictatorship? What's wrong with it when people have faith in me?”

Thaksin Shinawatra

Edited by wxyz

The joke is her replies to the questions and goes well beyond her broken English, with which she supposedly holds advanced degrees in.

Her masers diploma is in management information systems, not english. English was the language of instruction at Kentucky State.

I never said her masers [sic] was in English. I did say English was the language "with which" she obtained her degree.

Edited by Buchholz

As you are so seemingly knowledgeable of civil service uniforms, please explain how she obtained 3 rows of ribbons within days of her first civil service job, as PM, (as opposed to any derailing attempt by comparing Abhisit who had years and years of civil service).

Additionally, what ribbons were awarded to her husband and 9 year-old son?

Anybody wanna bet they are going to publicly give HIGH MARKS to the PM's handling of the situation?

No doubt another series of medals for the chests of her, her son, and her husband for their outstanding service.

The warrior family's collective ribbon total is impressive, even after just a week of their first time in civil service.

warriorfamily-1.jpg

And? What is the President of the USA speaking on? What is the President of Russia moderating? What is the Prime Minster of China doing?

Show me the headlines where those individuals are claiming they are regaining world confidence for their countries by their mere presence at the WEF.

Or if there actually isn't any policy,other than the one point that has been discussed to death already, it leaves the looks as the only point to discuss.

or, if a person doesn't have any thing of substance to say, they might consider saying nothing at all :o

As you are so seemingly knowledgeable of civil service uniforms, please explain how she obtained 3 rows of ribbons within days of her first civil service job, as PM, (as opposed to any derailing attempt by comparing Abhisit who had years and years of civil service).

What would you think about,able to tie their own shoes,cleaned their teeth in the morning, didn't pee on the toilet seat,..............

What would you think about,able to tie their own shoes,cleaned their teeth in the morning, didn't pee on the toilet seat,..............

I'd probably wonder then why her husband, with fewer ribbons, hasn't mastered those tasks.

I find it odd that expats who are not fluent in Thai would criticize the PM for her English language skills.

She has not relocated to a foreign country and refused to learn the native language has she?

Seeing as she spent time studying in the US...it seems like she did relocate to a foreign country and refuse to learn the native language.

• Like 1

Almost 50 posts of meaningless bile..........

Could we have the beginning of a new record in tastelessness for ThaiVisa ???

Keep going lads, pile it on !!!

darn, thinking the same thing as I looked for something useful / interesting on Davos. Instead there is the usual, intelligent commentary on the PM from the regular contingent who could not fill her Burberry boots.

From the new mandela post, (thanks to BigJohnnyBKK - interesting commentary and analysis in the article) I caught this from the Thai analysis : "but her current campaign in North/Northeastern Thailand show that she is a good speaker too.".

Some here on TVF speak Thai, but clearly some do not so they judge less than perfect English grammar as a fault. Language skills and communication skills are not the same thing. I laughed at the comments on her English skills - I would love to speak Thai as well as she speaks English. Z12 posted the ABC interview - apparently to show her lack of skills, but she is the better communicator in English, and I am guessing Z12 is a native speaker. :)

Anyway - Davos is usually pretty interesting, I'll have to go looking elsewhere for news on it.

B)

She really look sexy in pilot uniform.

It is an honor to have a lady PM in Thailand, and one that is so beautiful.

Any other qualifications?

The Indian media doesn't seem to think so:

Chic Yingluck Shinawatra touches down in Delhi

The chilly Republic Day morning will get a dash of warm glamour from the Orient as Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is all set to play the pretty chief guest at the celebrations on Thursday.

The dainty politician from Thailand arrived in the Capital on Tuesday, looking chic yet demurer than her usual fashionable self, in a black pant suit and low heeled loafers.

Thailand's first woman Prime Minister, who came to power last year, has already made news for her careful fashion choices.

Read more:

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1kQc2wVId

The chilly Republic Day morning will get a dash of warm glamour from the Orient as Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is all set to play the pretty chief guest at the celebrations on Thursday.

The dainty politician from Thailand arrived in the Capital on Tuesday, looking chic yet demurer than her usual fashionable self, in a black pant suit and low heeled loafers.

Thailand's first woman Prime Minister, who came to power last year, has already made news for her careful fashion choices.

Read more:

Buchholz., I know you are a keen follower of Yingluck and her fashion and lifestyle choices but wasn't aware of your obvious thirst for more knowledge by reading the India Daily Mails "Lifestyle" columnist. You really are in touch with your feminine side, aren't you? Having read the deep article what are your thoughts on the Thai Historian, Chris Bakers analysis

It's been lifted a little at the peak with gel and swept at the tips, but it's designed to look natural, in contrast to the clipped, sprayed and regimented bonnets of senior bureaucrats and army wives

Are you a "swept at the tips" man or , as I suspect, more of a fan of the "clipped, sprayed and regimented bonnet" style

Read more:

Buchholz., I know you are a keen follower of Yingluck and her fashion and lifestyle choices

Why do you feel the need to always address a poster by name when replying? :blink:

When you quote a post, people know who you are addressing.

As for Yingluck, that's about all she offers up to discuss, her high fashion and extravagant lifestyle.

Most other discussion regarding the government are directed at Thaksin, the clone maker.

Why do you feel the need to always address a poster by name when replying? blink.png

As for Yingluck, that's about all she offers up to discuss, her high fashion and extravagant lifestyle.

Most other discussion regarding the government are directed at Thaksin, the clone maker.

Sorry. It's an English thing, I was brought up to be polite.

• Like 2

Why do you feel the need to always address a poster by name when replying? blink.png

Sorry. It's an English thing, I was brought up to be polite.

hahaha... yeah, right.

It's not a big deal, was just curious as to its out-of-ordinary, every-post usage on the forum, which has thousands of English speakers.

More bile, more bile............

We need more bile.

I particularly enjoyed the comments about her undeserved medals and wonder if there is a colour conflict between the medal ribbons and her burberries ???

Expert sartorial opinion sought from her fans on here.