Yingluck To Attend Thai Show At Davos Summit

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they really want to instill confidence in Thailand, they should consider sending someone other than Yingluck for the interiviews.

cheesy.gif

The notion of her improving confidence is as about as funny as her pilot's uniform with the unearned wings insignia.

With her english skills, this should be interesting.hit-the-fan.gif

her english is bad, is that the joke?

I find it odd that expats who are not fluent in Thai would criticize the PM for her English language skills.

She has not relocated to a foreign country and refused to learn the native language has she?

GK.

English is a world language, Thai isen´t.

her english is bad, is that the joke?

I find it odd that expats who are not fluent in Thai would criticize the PM for her English language skills.

She has not relocated to a foreign country and refused to learn the native language has she?

English is THE international language. Competency in it is almost an imperative for anybody with pretensions to being a World leader. Who outside of Thailand speaks Thai? About 65 million people use it out of the World population of about 7 billion. My spoken knowledge of Thai has been picked up from my wife and her family. I see no point in paying big bucks to attend a faux school learning a new language when I might pop my clogs some time soon. I choose to spend my remaining time more profitably by teaching my family, particularly the kids, English and Mathematics. She had ample time to acquire the capacity to express herself in English during the time she spent in the States acquiring by some unknown means a Master's degree. One of the prophesies that some learned gentleman made on the BBC website recently was that in 50 years time there would be only 3 languages in use in the World. English, Mandarin and Spanish.

I look forward to the prospect that she may top Kennedy's gaffe when he told Berliners, in schoolboy German, that he was a jam doughnut.

As a novice Thai culture lover, seeing Yingluck participate in the Davos Summit can only be good for Thailand :-) I know lots about her bro (entirely read from TV)! Who cares, she loves Thailand and is promoting the kingdom on the world stage! She also happens to be female and good looking....

Look at western leaders extravagance. The Obama's, especially Michelle?

Rock on Yingluck and good luck WPFflags.gif

I started to listened to the speech and gave up after about 10 seconds where I'd heard enough.

Yingluck is lucky to have been born into Thai society which practices gender equality??????? I'd sure all her female compatriots agree with her. No girls for sale in her home town??????

Yingluck brings a lot to her role having been a high level executive in the private sector???????? A job given to her by her brother