Photo Hosting Solutions

cdnvic

I use Flickr. Their "Pro" subscription is reasonable and allows unlimited uploads. Easy to generate URLs for different sizes for posting to my website, and Flickr has hundreds of very active groups covering all manner of interests. I also have a Smugmug account but that is just used for displaying and (hopefully) selling some sports photography that I do.

I went to facebook as the sites would limit space and or go down. Now I regret as I have come to loathe it. Nothin was safe and I would caution this move. Go with a big site - hell, even my Yahoo Photos tanked!

I think you should post what yo want to do with it. Share albums with friends, link photos for business/sales, etc...

Edited by bangkokburning

• 2 weeks later...

I use Zenfolio and the pro version ( $100/year) and got my own url which then defaults to the zenfolio page of mine.

Love it, have set a slide show to music and am able to sell and track prints via them

easy to set up collections and groups

Far superior to flicker/facebook/imageShack/photobucket

I use Carbonmade for the galleries on my site. I just link to them directly from an html page I made. Their free option is OK if you don't have a large portfolio.

I like the fact that you can easily edit the galleries.

I also keep a Flickr gallery.

Zenfolio has a trail option.

and i found the interface very easy

Koknia;

some nice shots there :-) BUT i HATE that link to facebook on ur home page

Looking at carbonmade

Zenfolio has more options and u can sell ur work from Zen

Edited by phuketrichard

I hovered between Zenfolio and Smugmug when I set up my own url years ago. At the time, Smugmug was a better option for me and I haven't been disappointed. I can't say I find the interface difficult in any way and the customising opportunities are endless if you want to spend the time and effort doing it Your Way. Customer service is razor sharp - they seem to have people available at all hours and reply almost instantly and although at one point a couple of years back the pages were slow to load I have no complaints now.

Do the free trial on both nd test them out.

PS If anyone decides to go for it, you can PM me for a Smugmug referral discount code.

• 2 weeks later...

And for those that wish to move their photos try this one

it took me a while to migrate all my photos, so I decided to create an online tool that will automate this tedious process. I hope you find it useful.

https://www.uploadjunction.com/

Win wai.gif

Edited by Kan Win

Yeah, I'm looking for a portfolio site, not a "bucket", that`s what had me thinking of Zenfolio. How user-friendly is the control panel?

I have used Gallery for a number of years now, there is an Android app also, although I haven't used it.

Are you looking or a hosted solution or software ?

totster :D

I have a server I keep everything on but want something managed for my best stuff. I think I'll stick with Smugmug for now though. I don't pay a year at a time for anything, and that's Zenfolio's pricing plan.