What Is Thai For "Please Service My Car"

UKJASE

hi guys..... i need to get my car serviced...... just the annual 15,000Km service

does anyone know what they call a "service" here? i just need an oil change, plus oil filters and air filters, and whatever else they would do for a service in the west......

what should i go to my friendly garage man and ask for??

Kor plian namman Kreung leh filter air laewgor filter namman Kreung krap.

(filter - emphasis on the 2nd syllabus - translates as would like to change oil, air filter and oil filter please).

Kor check rot yon mot duay na Krap.

(translates as would like to check everything as well. My use of 'mot' here I think is wrong, but it should get the idea across, unless you get the tone wrong and they think you want them to check your ant).

May not be perfect, but its what I'd say and I can usually get through most situations. Maybe best to try this in the Thai Language forum instead.

Well I say, Oil change and oil filter please. biggrin.png.

People may think I advertize a bit but " Cockpit " there outlets are good service and they have a board with Thai and English listed for things you want done, so I just point on the board what I want.clap2.gif

Kor plian namman Kreung leh filter air laewgor filter namman Kreung krap.

(filter - emphasis on the 2nd syllabus - translates as would like to change oil, air filter and oil filter please).

Kor check rot yon mot duay na Krap.

(translates as would like to check everything as well. My use of 'mot' here I think is wrong, but it should get the idea across, unless you get the tone wrong and they think you want them to check your ant).

May not be perfect, but its what I'd say and I can usually get through most situations. Maybe best to try this in the Thai Language forum instead.

Just checked with a friend and they said all fine except the second sentence should add a word:

Kor check rot yon mot loey duay na Krap.

Just say: "Check meun-ha krub" (Check 15,000) if they look sideways at that, B-line it to a better workshop.

Did you show them the contents of your wallet? rolleyes.gif

LOL smile.png

"Check 15,000" translates to: "15,000 inspection" or "15,000 service" in Thai.

The next time you take your car in and ask them to change the oil, the filters and give the car a good look over for it's 15,000KM sevice, listen to the service manager as he hands the keys to the tech and says "check 15,000 krub", hehe :)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Kor check rot rayah tahng neung muan hah pun kilo-met.

Kor check lae blee-an num mun kreung, fil-ter oi lae fil-ter rabob air duay krub.

Kop Khun krub. Pee mee phoo-ying tee yahk hai pom check rayah tahng bori-soot dai duay mai krub. Pom bpen tee bruek-sa ruang phoo-ying yahng mah-tra-tarn radub lohk. Mee bra-sop-garm ruang bra-way-nee soong soot kohng bra-taet nee. Kor sadaeng kwarm yindee puea chuay gun ruang phoo-ying duay krub.

OK, so the 2nd paragraph is optional but I think I would like to hear what happens if you say that. :-)

Kop Khun krub. Pee mee phoo-ying tee yahk hai pom check rayah tahng bori-soot dai duay mai krub. Pom bpen tee bruek-sa ruang phoo-ying yahng mah-tra-tarn radub lohk. Mee bra-sop-garm ruang bra-way-nee soong soot kohng bra-taet nee. Kor sadaeng kwarm yindee puea chuay gun ruang phoo-ying duay krub.

tut tut tsk tsk laugh.png

Wouldn't want somebody getting erroneous information so I am moving this to the Thai Language forum so the OP might get a better idea how to pronounce transliterated Romanized Thai.

Here is my attempt. biggrin.png

air filter - glorng ah-gaht

oil filter - glorng numun kreu-ung

fuel filter - glorng numun

spark plug - hua tien

injector - hua cheet

service the car - sorm rot hai noi (geng, gra-ba, pick-up)

change the oil - blien numun kreu-ung hai noi

fifteen thousand (kilometer) - neung meun hah pun - or - meun hah (kilomet)