Work Permit - Change Of Location

Would appreciate advice from any members who have experienced the following situation.

My work permit was issued in Bkk. Csompany has HO in Bkk but all operations are if the far North of Thailand.

Company now wants me to spend 99% of my time at the operating site in the North (no objection from me)..

So this brings the questions:

- Can you apply to just officially change the address on the existing WP, or does it require a new WP application at the local Labour Office in the Northern province, etc.

I have read the pinned comments but I can't see a specific answer. Would appreciate comments, please, from members who have experienced this situation.

Thanks.

Edited by scorecard

The WP7 form has a section to add a new Province.

You can add extra work addresses/offices/localities to a WP using the WP7 form (Change of Work or Locality (Province) or Place of Work according to Section 21).

Also knew a guy who had a WP issued in BKK (where his employer had offices), they then added other areas as he was a travelling sales rep.

Hi

I had this issue 2 years ago - had a limited company with office in Phuket, but had to do a lot of work in Krabi

The labour office said I couldnt work in a different area unless my company registered an office in the other region.

There was nothing I could change on the work permit to allow me to work in a different region.

Here is form WP7 with the locality add/change (Section 3).

Phuket do have a reputation for being strict in their interpretation of the rules and I have not personally come accross anyone who has added a new province to their WP there.

The WP7 supporting notes refer to moving the company to a new locality, or adding a branch at a new locality; so it doesn't suprise me if Phuket wanted a new office/branch opening to process such an application.

Normally if a new work location, etc is added to the WP then a note is hand written in the front of the WP referring to the actual page number where the change/addition details are recorded.

form_tt7_area.pdf