Non Immigrant B

I've purchased a condo but do not plan to live in Thailand until about 2-3 years from now. I do come to Thailand regularly (about 4 times a year). Regarding a non-immigrant B for purchase of a condo, should I apply now and then apply for extension when I am in Bangkok plus multiple re-entry, or should I wait until I move to Thailand? Thanks.

I've purchased a condo but do not plan to live in Thailand until about 2-3 years from now.  I do come to Thailand regularly (about 4 times a year).  Regarding a non-immigrant B for purchase of a condo, should I apply now and then apply for extension when I am in Bangkok plus multiple re-entry, or should I wait until I move to Thailand? Thanks.

The law states NOW that it can be applied later( as it does not matter what year you acquired the condo). However this can change in the future. To be 100% sure, do it now.

www.lawyer.th.com

I got my first 1 year extension based on condo ownership last week. I had owned the condo for 3 years prior already. So as Sunbelt says; the rules could change so better apply now.

Should you want to pursue permanent residency (PR) you will then also have the 3 extensions needed for same in place.

Cheers!

I got my first 1 year extension based on condo ownership last week. I had owned the condo for 3 years prior already. So as Sunbelt says; the rules could change so better apply now.

Should you want to pursue permanent residency (PR) you will then also have the 3 extensions needed for same in place.

Cheers!

I believe you got your extension on the basis of a 3 million baht investment rather than ownership of a condo however. The condo just happened to be the investment.

I believe you got your extension on the basis of a 3 million baht investment rather than ownership of a condo however.  The condo just happened to be the investment.

If the investor of 3 million Baht gets a non-B visa – where “B” stands for “business” – does it mean that the visa holder needs to register in Thailand for income taxes and file the annual tax return? After all, business should mean income, which should mean tax payments.

Of course Lop. Just simplified the writing there. Cheers!

Cheers!

I believe you got your extension on the basis of a 3 million baht investment rather than ownership of a condo however. The condo just happened to be the investment.

Of course Lop. Just simplified the writing there. Cheers!

Cheers!

Yes but no mention was made of price and a condo can be had for 300k. Can imagine the wheels turning in some minds if they can get a visa for a condo. I would gladly give up my retirement extension for that deal. :o