Moving House

HI I have a non o multi entry visa , we are moving from south pattaya ,to Bansare, next week ,have beeen at this address for the last 3 years ,do i have to inform immigration, or just wait till next visa run(march), also I have a thai driving lincence ,do i have to change that. Thanks in advance

The law is as below - also owner of residence is also required to report your presence independently. In practice immigration will likely be happy with your new address on your next 90 day entry (unless you try to use there services for something before that time) and local police may not know what to do but probably a good idea to check-in with them so they not upset if find out later in some official capacity. I don't know DL requirements.

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the

following :

1. Shall not engage in the occupation or temporary or employment unless authorized by the

Director General. or competent official deputized by the Director General . If , in any case , there is a law

concerning alien employment provided hereafter , the granting of work privileges must comply with the

law concerned.

2. Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason

that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official

of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place.

3. Shall notify the police official of the local police station where such alien resides, within twenty

– four hours from the time of arrival. In the case of change in residence in which new residence is not

located the same area with the former police stations , such alien must notify the police official of the

police station for that area within twenty – four hours from the time of arrival.

4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such

alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time

of arrival.

5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the

competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as

possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is

an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as

prescribed by the Director General.

In making notification under this Section , the alien may make notification in person or send a

letter of notification to the competent official , in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the

Director General .

In today's world.

Roughly translated it says: Shall stay at the palce as indicated to the "immigration department official". (The adddress that he put on his arrival card). Where there is proper reason that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the Immigration department official (he had to find other acommodations),he shall notify the immigration department.'

If your're still living in the "old world" wake up! No matter what country you live in, you must register your address somwhere and if you move you must change it. Something as simple as your driver's liscense. What is your problem, are you intimidated by the english translation of who you have to report this information to, "competent official". If it was written in Thai and you were required to sign it before you entered Thailand would you sign it? You know that you would.

Get off your soap-box, you live in Thailand because you want to, and I don't really give a craps ass why. As stated on recent threads there are many countries that offer easier ways to stay for the long term in their countries, if you don't like the requirements go somwhere else, it's a free world.

When I moved from Jomtien to Hua Hin this past spring, this is the form (TM.28) I used. The Immigrations officer in Hua Hin stapled the bottom of the form in my passport, like they do for a 90-day report.

I did it just so that when I showed up for 90-day reports, and eventually my new extension, that they would not potentially refer me back to the Jomtien office. This form documents that I live in the Hua Hin Immigrations' territory.