A Friend'S New Toy

Tywais

A Thai friend of mine came over to the house to help me with some plumbing repairs and this is his wheels. Guess it's more the finance company than his as he has 5 years to pay it off. wink.png Oh, the helmets are not just for show, he and passenger actually wear them.

ninja1.jpg

ninja2.jpg

Five years? That's going to cost him a pretty penny. Taking a look at Kawasaki's finance page, it appears that the rates go up 5% for each 6 month period. If my figuring is correct, since Kawasaki does not offer a loan for that long, than your friend is going to end up paying no less than 212 000 THB for that bike.

Five years? That's going to cost him a pretty penny. Taking a look at Kawasaki's finance page, it appears that the rates go up 5% for each 6 month period. If my figuring is correct, since Kawasaki does not offer a loan for that long, than your friend is going to end up paying no less than 212 000 THB for that bike.

Not sure if he is financing through a bank or Kawasaki or if the dealer has some special financing. The guy is smart so I'm sure he thought it through thoroughly - he had been talking about buying one for sometime now. Actually he wanted the Ninja 650 but believe his wife is already a little annoyed with this decision. wink.png

//edit - his previous was a CBR150 so suspect after selling that one and a modest deposit it wasn't too bad.

Blimey, as someone who only buys with cash I imagine that's going to be a long 5 years.

Because of low salaries compared to us expats it's rather common for these long term loans. One friend has his Vigo on 6 years and another one has a Nikon dSLR camera on a 4 year loan. Personally, I hate being in debt. The first time in many years was when I bought my recent car and even then I only wanted 2 year financing which I just finished off and back to being debt free.

Five years?  That's going to cost him a pretty penny.  Taking a look at Kawasaki's finance page, it appears that the rates go up 5% for each 6 month period.  If my figuring is correct, since Kawasaki does not offer a loan for that long, than your friend is going to end up paying no less than 212 000 THB for that bike.

Not sure if he is financing through a bank or Kawasaki or if the dealer has some special financing.  The guy is smart so I'm sure he thought it through thoroughly - he had been talking about buying one for sometime now.  Actually he wanted the Ninja 650 but believe his wife is already a little annoyed with this decision.  wink.png

//edit - his previous was a CBR150 so suspect after selling that one and a modest deposit it wasn't too bad.

Don't get me wrong; I think that people should ride.  It is just a bit of a shock to see someone go into debt for that long of a period for something that is not a necessity.None the less, wish him luck and enjoyment on his new toy.

Not sure if he is financing through a bank or Kawasaki or if the dealer has some special financing. The guy is smart so I'm sure he thought it through thoroughly - he had been talking about buying one for sometime now. Actually he wanted the Ninja 650 but believe his wife is already a little annoyed with this decision. wink.png

Don't get me wrong; I think that people should ride. It is just a bit of a shock to see someone go into debt for that long of a period for something that is not a necessity.None the less, wish him luck and enjoyment on his new toy.

in thaialnd a motorbike is the family car ,its not unusual for even a scooter to be financed over around 3 years

i tried to explain to a young boy once that you could buy 2 scooters if you add up 1.75% per month for 36 months but i wont bother doing that again

Many thai people would rather sign the paper and get something shiny there and then than save for awhile and buy it with cash :)

laptops and even hi end phones are often financed over here

The thing about Kawasaki bikes that puts me off them is that the passenger seat is so high that the occupant always seems to be off balance

or at the very least un comfortable.

Is there a particular scientific reason for the seat to be in this position ?

As you can probably tell,I am a complete novice at the art of motorbike riding and would really appreciate some feedback.

Cheers Y'all......

Congrats to your pal Tywais

You know it is a clean looking scoot & not much to complain about.

Well....maybe for me the risers under the some what skinny looking bars but I can understand why the risers.

Curious but...What are they going for now in 2012?

Well....maybe for me the risers under the some what skinny looking bars but I can understand why the risers.

I believe 147k based on websites and what he says he paid for this one.

I have to agree about that rear seat, I would be pretty nervous sitting up that high and being a bug catcher. biggrin.png

• Like 1

I believe 147k based on websites and what he says he paid for this one.

I have to agree about that rear seat, I would be pretty nervous sitting up that high and being a bug catcher. biggrin.png

I haven't confirmed it with the local Kwaka shop, but a friend that bought a Ninjette last year told me yesterday that recently the price had dropped to around 125k, supposedly in response to the CBR250. He is selling his, so maybe someone told him a tall one to get the price down.

• Like 1

I just checked with him regarding his finance. Where his wife works they can get a very good bank loan. In this case it is 7.5% for the full 5 years, which is 1.5% per year. So seems like a pretty reasonable move on his part.