A Day Trip To Khao Yai National Park And Wang Nam Kieaw

BigBikeBKK

You obviously have a problem with differentiating what is allowed and what is right and your peripheral surroundings and other peoples space and enjoyment of such things...again very typical, so thanks for clarifying that to everyone.

What is right? What you mean is what is right according to what you deem is right. Because you want quiet, no one else use the national park? Because you are more important and your space and need for quiet is more important than anyone else's ability to use a national park for their own enjoyment? Because the sound of someone's motorcycle disturbs you, no one can ride a motorcycle. Because it disturbs you.

Hence, this is YOUR national park. The sun and the earth revolve around you. The tranquility of one man supersedes the ability of everyone else to enjoy public property. The roads belong to you. Motorcycles must stay to the left near the gutter because the road belongs to you alone. No one may share the road. It is yours.

There is a reason you are no longer in your country. It is because no one likes you there. No one likes you here either.

If you ignore these creatures some times they just go away.,......

Yes, but I am enjoying myself.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence, this is YOUR national park. The sun and the earth revolve around you. The tranquility of one man supersedes the ability of everyone else to enjoy public property. The roads belong to you. Motorcycles must stay to the left near the gutter because the road belongs to you alone. No one may share the road. It is yours.

Thanks, finally you understand

I think he was talking about you.

Lives near a national park and is able to hear the sound of Ducati's at full chat from time to time. Probably the idea of heaven for 99% of the people who read this forum.

+1!

There is nothing quite like the sound of a motorcycle's roar echoing off the hills in a remote location- music to my ears!

Thanks, finally you understand

I think he was talking about you.

Which end of the park do you live near?

I'll be there in a couple of weeks and I'd like to give a few blasts of the engine, ya know just to say 'Hi'.

Edited by JonnyF

The national park does not belong to you. It belongs to the Thai government, the King, and the people of Thailand, and is open to the public for everyone's enjoyment. This includes backpacking, hiking, and this includes motorcycles being allowed to tour the roads. Since the people who control the park specifically allow motorcycles to tour the park, that means that what Tony and others were doing is specifically allowed.

You have no right to tell anyone not to ride through YOUR national park because of the noise. You have no right not to tell anyone not to use a national park that belongs to the people of Thailand. It is not your decision to begin with. If you want absolute tranquility, then buy several thousand Rai of land, and then you can exclude who ever you want and you can have your peace and quiet. Since you choose to live near a public park, then deal with it. If you can't then move. It's that simple.

You obviously have a problem with differentiating what is allowed and what is right and your peripheral surroundings and other peoples space and enjoyment of such things...again very typical, so thanks for clarifying that to everyone.

By the way, we have several rai...but the noise still echoes throughout the hills...it is strange that the most heard noise here is loud motorbikes as they trumpet about revving the guts out of their bikes...of course you can do what you like, so can I, but would you like me stepping over your food ??

Also show me where I said it was MY national park please ??

If you ignore these creatures some times they just go away.,......

But most the time they just stay and multiply. Seems to be an epidemic lately.

What a waste of a good OP.

Why are we all allowing Khun Samsiam to own it by our responses?

Accepted that BigBikeBKK ignored several early inflammatory digs and responded with admirable tact in the beginning. Also nice that Submaniac has defended him, lending weight as a Thai who's national park this actually is.

But kids- let him go. This chap's opinion is not going to change so why bother giving him your time? Some folks assimilate better than others. Those of us who do will enjoy the privilege of our time as a guest of the Kingdom more than those not able or prepared to do so. But it is up to him and he is entitled to post here.

And BTW - The bikes in the OP wouldn't be heard over my son's Chaly and my Cub 70 when we head out for a scratch through the twisties (gotta get a spring for that side-stand...). Bet this gent also wouldn't like the eleventeen million multi-coloured flashing lights we've got either. Thais (our hosts) love to listen to the bikes, see the neons, want a photo and accept the harmless fun in life so much more than foreigners. Not sure that learning this is as simple as relocating to one's idea of paradise.

See post #115 and DON'T RESPOND. I shouted. 1st time. Please forgive.

A.

Reason for edit - Can't type for sh#te.

Edited by andrew55
  • Like 2

I'll be there in a couple of weeks and I'd like to give a few blasts of the engine, ya know just to say 'Hi'.

The quiet end.

Blast away, if you choose to be so irresponsible to your surroundings and anyone else.

National Parks anywhere around the world are not for hoons, they are for people that enjoy them for what they are, not what they can do within them to disrupt them and bring attention to themselves.....whether it be the alcohol they banned because of the drunks and associated troubles....or the loud music which is also supposedly banned....

The quiet end.

Blast away, if you choose to be so irresponsible to your surroundings and anyone else.

National Parks anywhere around the world are not for hoons, they are for people that enjoy them for what they are, not what they can do within them to disrupt them and bring attention to themselves.....whether it be the alcohol they banned because of the drunks and associated troubles....or the loud music which is also supposedly banned....

There ya go again acting like you own the National Parks of Thailand again. Well, guess what genius, you're a guest in this country and your opinion counts for squat.

I remember reading that they were going to ban alcohol from the National Parks, but fortunately it's never been enforced! drunk.gif

post-56035-0-86790100-1328288773_thumb.j

Does your blood pressure go up every time a big group of bikes rides through the park? Anger management issues? violin.gif

As the motorcycle scene continues to grow and grow in Thailand you can expect to hear more and more bikes in and around Khao Yai National Park- it's one of the best day trips for us Bangkokians, and if you can't share the park with us bikers, I guess you'll have to invest in some ear plugs or think about moving, cuz buddy, we're here to stay!

post-56035-0-23058000-1328289196_thumb.j

Let the Good Times ROLL!

post-56035-0-40490500-1328289003_thumb.j

Edited by BigBikeBKK
  • Like 1

The quiet end.

There ya go again acting like you own the National Parks of Thailand again. Well, guess what genius, you're a guest in this country and your opinion counts for squat.

I remember reading that they were going to ban alcohol from the National Parks, but fortunately it's never been enforced! drunk.gif

post-56035-0-86790100-1328288773_thumb.j

Does your blood pressure go up every time a big group of bikes rides through the park? Anger management issues? violin.gif

As the motorcycle scene continues to grow and grow in Thailand you can expect to hear more and more bikes in and around Khao Yai National Park- it's one of the best day trips for us Bangkokians, and if you can't share the park with us bikers, I guess you'll have to invest in some ear plugs or think about moving, cuz buddy, we're here to stay!

post-56035-0-23058000-1328289196_thumb.j

Let the Good Times ROLL!

post-56035-0-40490500-1328289003_thumb.j

the alcohol is enforced sometimes ,even smoking is not permitted in some parks but its very difficult to enforce in the larger parks

Did anyone notice how the entire subject got warped. It started out about a ride through a national park...then he turned into, well if you ride a motorcycle you are obviously drinking in a national park.

Shhh! I think he's gone.clap2.gif I don't think he likes motorcyclists, or am I being over-sensitive?

Ps. I enjoy a drink sitting around in the evenings when camping in Thailand's wonderful National Parks.

Pps. often in my pick-up - a white Isuzu - not a black Vigo...

Edited by andrew55

Did anyone notice how the entire subject got warped. It started out about a ride through a national park...then he turned into, well if you ride a motorcycle you are obviously drinking in a national park.

Wow....not sure you read or at least absorb what you read....cos I would like you to please point out where I said bikies all drink in a NP.....while you're at it, still waiting on the proof for where I said it was MY NP.

Hey wait a second, I have a black Vigo…guess I better upgrade to a white Fortuner before people get the wrong idea. shock1.gif I don't want to be included in the wrong camp. Hope I can get away with a black Ninja.wink.png

One can ALWAYS get away with a black Ninja.thumbsup.gif

Lord where did this post get to..... BBBK has posted a perfectly good trip report which quite frankly I enjoyed and found informative and all of a sudden a Vigo over the centre line brings out the gremlins....

While i don't always agree with BBBK and he likes to stir the pot ( as we all do admittedly) i don't think this post was designed or warranted to end up as a huge debate over bikes in parks and questions of manhood, nationality and legality.

There is such an easy way to put up with issues that vex one so... just don't read or move on.

If so moved then start a new topic in relevant section and rant away....

Tony keep the trip reports coming.. after reading this one i was onto a few folks to see if they wanted to do the trip so it motivated me.

POST ON

Monty

• Like 1

Hmmmm, i read this thread because it started as a nice trip report near Bangkok. Some round trip i may can do myself. Thanks for this, Tony. But than happened what mostly happens when someone comes up with a silent critic. A flamewar started.

Even if i like riding my bike i also like the idea of national parks and the idea of keeping a few places left for nature and animals. And sure this needs some money to be kept going, so they allow people to come in, enjoy it and pay money for it. But is this the best place to take supersport-bikes for a ride? Sure some nice roads and a nice scenery. And some nice places for stops.

Riding without plates, too fast, too loud, crossing continuous lines to overtake in curves and show this in many videos? I have seen much worser things. But i can also imagine much nicer ones. OK, different people have different styles of riding their bikes. Mine is slow and unspectacular. Some would call it boring, but i enjoy it. Have fun, thats the most an important thing thumbsup.gif

Edited by wantan

Hmmmm, i read this thread because it started as a nice trip report near Bangkok. Some round trip i may can do myself. Thanks for this, Tony. But than happened what mostly happens when someone comes up with a silent critic. A flamewar started.

Even if i like riding my bike i also like the idea of national parks and the idea of keeping a few places left for nature and animals. And sure this needs some money to be kept going, so they allow people to come in, enjoy it and pay money for it. But is this the best place to take supersport-bikes for a ride? Sure some nice roads and a nice scenery. And some nice places for stops.

Riding without plates, too fast, too loud, crossing continuous lines to overtake in curves and show this in many videos? I have seen much worser things. But i can also imagine much nicer ones. OK, different people have different styles of riding their bikes. Mine is slow and unspectacular. Some would call it boring, but i enjoy it. Have fun, thats the most an important thing thumbsup.gif

Nice post....I am sure nature appreciates it.

Roads and their traffic and noise can split a nature reserve in 2 and that can affect wildlife breeding habits and many long term issues.

While noise is inevitable in a NP....some people abuse it and it is nice to see responsible riders like wantan.

Ride Quiet.

• Like 1

BBBKK is right, there will only be more and more bikers using Khao Yai National Park as a weekend playground as big bikes get more popular as well as affordable in Thailand. I see this as a good thing, however the risk is that if they don't ride and act responsibly which ends up in seriously reducing the enjoyment of others using the park, then the National Park Authority may just ban bikes from entering at all. If some bikers have offensively noisy bikes and ride in a dangerous manor which endangers other people using the park then it will only be a mater of time before a serious accident caused by a biker takes place, or people get sick of the noise. While it is probably only a small minority of people who have overly noisy bike and ride like idiots, they are the ones who people remember and end up spoiling it for the rest of us. Some national parks already don't allow bikes in (although for different reasons), so it's not difficult to imagine some type of knee jerk reaction caused by a few irresponsible riders. I am in no way saying BBBKK and his riding group are these types of riders, just that this is a common occurance around the world when places become overly popular with bikers and we should try to not let it happen in Khao Yai by acting responsibly.

Edited by madjbs

BBBKK is right, there will only be more and more bikers using Khao Yai National Park as a weekend playground as big bikes get more popular as well as affordable in Thailand. I see this as a good thing, however the risk is that if they don't ride and act responsibly which ends up in seriously reducing the enjoyment of others using the park, then the National Park Authority may just ban bikes from entering at all. If some bikers have offensively noisy bikes and ride in a dangerous manor which endangers other people using the park then it will only be a mater of time before a serious accident caused by a biker takes place, or people get sick of the noise. While it is probably only a small minority of people who have overly noisy bike and ride like idiots, they are the ones who people remember and end up spoiling it for the rest of us. Some national parks already don't allow bikes in (although for different reasons), so it's not difficult to imagine some type of knee jerk reaction caused by a few irresponsible riders. I am in no way saying BBBKK and his riding group are these types of riders, just that this is a common occurance around the world when places become overly popular with bikers and we should try to not let it happen in Khao Yai by acting responsibly.

FWIW, MOST bikers I've encountered in Khao Yai, and in fact pretty much everywhere in Thailand, aren't what I would call "reckless".

Most big bike accidents seem to occur as a result of inexperience- guys jumping on bikes that are bigger and faster than what they're used to, and then coming in too hot into a corner and losing it is a very common scenario here.

I recall the Ducati group that suffered two noob crashes on their ride through Khao Yai a couple years ago...

IMG_0462_edit.jpg

Yes, the HotBodies GP pipe on my Gixxer is obnoxiously loud, but only when the revs are up. If you take the time to watch some of my vids I hope you can see that I'm not "whacking it" through the National Park. In contrast to the tongue in cheek piss take with the troll on this thread, I'm actually a big fan of the National Parks and am happy that snowmobiles have been banned from Yellowstone and Jet Ski's banned from Lake Tahoe :)

I get my speed fix at the track and see no need to take any unecessary risks on public roads.

I leave you with my favorite public service announcement from none other than the legendary Mick Doohan- The Road's No Place to Race!

If you take the time to watch some of my vids I hope you can see that I'm not "whacking it" through the National Park.

Yeah, that's the thing. From watching your videos, it looks like you weren't any where near redlining it. Sounds that you were mostly around the 6-8k range. If you were really trying to play boy racer it would have been alot louder.

^^ Completly agree, it wasn't directed at you anyhow smile.png

The fact that nobody has much big bike experience here and then are jumping on fairly powerful machines without any proper training is going to be a big problem I think.

Oh, and that is a great little video for not racing on the road!

Edited by madjbs

BBBKK seems to be riding perfectly fine to me in his videos, his bike is noisy granted, but as long as the revs stay down when riding through villages or wildlife spots then I don't really see the problem.

I am more of an adventure tourer and don't see the attraction of a sportsbike in Thailand due to the road conditions and nature of the terrain, unless it's for use on the track, but that's just me. I have never done any track riding but would certainly like to give it a try sometime.

Everyone has their own style and preference when it comes to bikes and riding style and that's fine with me as long as it doesn't put other people at risk. In general the only riders I have a problem with are certain groups of sports bike riders who treat the roads like their own personal race track and look down their noses at everyone else and their machines, I have never come across people like that in Thailand but in the UK they are quite prevalent.

Edited by madjbs