Need Air Ticket: Bangkok To Los Angeles

Michaelaway

Every time I check prices they always seem to be lower when bought online outside of Thailand. Maybe I'm just (un)lucky.

For short return trips to the US you may find something better here, though the advertised prices often dont seem to include "extras" like tax, luggage, booking fee, food, seats, etc.

There is a new topic that covers travel bargains:

Thanks for the replies. Of course, I've been googling and searching all over the internet, asking friends, etc. So far, the best fare I can come up with is around 25,000 baht. There's an ANA special for 18,000 baht but difficult to find open flights for around my dates (which are somewhat flexible).

I'm looking for the lowest fare. So, any website, travel agent or current promotion that anyone can recommend is much appreciated. Thanks again.

cool.png

I use itasoftware to get an estimation then use the airline direct, if I have to use a travel agent then okay, but at least I have an idea of the real prices before going to one.

Ok, great. So... please tell me what you find when you put in my flight details: BKK-LAX-BKK. Dep: 06/FEB. Ret: 21/FEB. That'd be a help, thanks!

Thanks for the replies. Of course, I've been googling and searching all over the internet, asking friends, etc. So far, the best fare I can come up with is around 25,000 baht. There's an ANA special for 18,000 baht but difficult to find open flights for around my dates (which are somewhat flexible).

I'm looking for the lowest fare. So, any website, travel agent or current promotion that anyone can recommend is much appreciated. Thanks again.

cool.png

Due to a family emergency...... I suggest you take what ever that is reasonable. No point saving a few more Baht, it it is indeed a family emergency. 25,000 sould OK, although not the absolutely cheapest.

To answer your question, best place to by is online. Usually direct from airline.

There is couple of things to keep in mind though.

1. Usually they sell cheap ones first and full fare tickets close to departure date so earlier you book the cheaper it will be

2. The prices change "live" meaning 20k now could be 15k or 30k half an hour later, all depends on demand and supply

Every time I check prices they always seem to be lower when bought online outside of Thailand. Maybe I'm just (un)lucky.

For short return trips to the US you may find something better here, though the advertised prices often dont seem to include "extras" like tax, luggage, booking fee, food, seats, etc.

There is a new topic that covers travel bargains: http://www.thaivisa....als-for-expats/

Right on Darrel. That topic has lots of good sites to use for finding a cheap flight. OP: take a peek there for sure.

Thanks again to everybody who took the time to reply; appreciate you help. Waiting for a few more quotes to come in before I make my purchase. I have checked every single one of your suggestions and more.

So far, after extensive searching, the best deal is from Saveflights.com.

cool.png

post-72929-0-61311300-1328071594_thumb.j

When I fly to the States (or anywhere) I use Orbitz on line. The advantage of using an internet booking travel company is that you can choose the carrier of your choice , also the less expensive one compated to another one that may be more expensive. You also can look at the time duration between flights and the length of each flight. Sometimes I discover with the cheaper fllight there may be more stops, takes longer because of spending more time in transfer. -also you may discover that the time between flight is not enough with the information you have before you choose the particualar flight. Travel agents in an office may not know or have their "same old" airlline they choose. Heck, why do they care about connecting flights or choosing another carrier, they get a commission.

Total price for this trip: $1,178.80 (35,000 Baht)

fltitin.gif

Los Angeles
(LAX)

Depart 10:55 am

Terminal TOM BRADLEY INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL
to Seoul (ICN)

Arrive 5:35 pm +1 day 5,999 mi

(9,654 km)

Duration: 13hr 40mn KE KE.gif

Flight: 18

3Economy/Coach Class , 388 fltitin.giftrnitin2.gifbusitin.gifWed 22-Feb-12 fltitin.gif

Seoul
(ICN)

Depart 8:00 pm
to Bangkok (BKK)

Arrive 11:59 pm 2,272 mi

(3,656 km)

Duration: 5hr 59mn KE KE.gif

Flight: 659

3Economy/Coach Class , BOEING 737-800 (WINGLETS) PASSENGER

Total distance: 8,271 mi (13,311 km)

Total duration: 19hr 39mn (22hr 4mn with connections)

And the winner is... Saveflights.com!

Khun Tom there was patient, polite & efficient and helped me get the lowest available fare with the best dates & sharpest routing (fewest flights & shortest layovers).

Kind of coming out of left field, juuuust after I booked with Khun Tom was hyku1147's referral to A.T.N. INTER TRADE; this looks very interesting, take a look. Again, all replies were great, and helped me learn a lot- so thanks to all!

In fact, you've all been so helpful... I'm thinking about bringing back one of these... for each & every one of you guys!

cool.png

post-72929-0-42863100-1328167298_thumb.j